Lotsapoppa vs. Mataya L.O.P. III 1992 #3

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
frank dennis cant fool you
i like that shot too
especially since its not a shot off the 5 like dennis was trying to steer us into thinking:eek:
(you wouldnt think he would do such a thing would you?:rolleyes: )
icbw

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I would imagine that JM would shot the 5 ball. Seeing Frank and Larrys shot was probably not in the cards for him.
Rod.
PS, A very good shot BTW :p

timdog24

Verified Member
I like Frank's shot, but if that's not available I would bank the 5 with high left into the stack. The cue ball should end up near the side pocket. There might be a kiss on this shot though.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
^^^ i looked at that shot but i wasnt sure if i could get the q high enough for the stack to be a blocker

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
timdog24 said:
I like Frank's shot, but if that's not available I would bank the 5 with high left into the stack. The cue ball should end up near the side pocket. There might be a kiss on this shot though.

lll said:
^^^ i looked at that shot but i wasnt sure if i could get the q high enough for the stack to be a blocker

I shoot a lot of these. A lot of outside spin with middle ball will take the CB up about 2 or 3 diamonds, but maybe off the rail a little.
Rod.
PS, No kiss, but loose grip is important.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Sorry, I don't do the green-arrow thing - I'll make do with the wei-table to display my shot...

If I didn't shoot Frank's shot, or if it wasn't available...I'd definitely be shooting this shot - and with this shot, I'd be getting my sure-snooker behind the 1ball and the stack >>>

- Gho$t

PS, Both shots have a similar result, but I prefer my shot to the shot that Rod just posted up, because I believe it's it's a more natural angle, and easier/safer to execute.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3ALOU3ELhe4PLIj3YLhe3YRtr3YbjP3YGyP4kLIj3kKSa3kcGW3kVaO@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
androd said:
I shoot a lot of these. A lot of outside spin with middle ball will take the CB up about 2 or 3 diamonds, but maybe off the rail a little.
Rod.
rod the grip thing is important:rolleyes:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
- Gho$t

PS, Both shots have a similar result, but I prefer my shot to the shot that Rod just posted up, because I believe it's it's a more natural angle, and easier/safer to execute.

It was just an example. In the photo their seemed room for the shot, but not in your Wii layout. :) I looked at the shot you posted and if I shot it I would try to draw into the 1 ball. I might get lucky and end in the stack and the 5 ball might spray the balls around a little. :p
Rod.

timdog24

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
Sorry, I don't do the green-arrow thing - I'll make do with the wei-table to display my shot...

If I didn't shoot Frank's shot, or if it wasn't available...I'd definitely be shooting this shot - and with this shot, I'd be getting my sure-snooker behind the 1ball and the stack >>>

- Gho$t

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3ALOU3ELhe4PLIj3YLhe3YRtr3YbjP3YGyP4kLIj3kKSa3kcGW3kVaO@[/CUETABLE]

I like this shot too. But, only if there is a definite kiss on the shot Rod posted. I don't see how you can sell out banking the 5 one rail into the stack with a lot of outside. Imo, you will also get more action off the stack this way.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Rod & Tim....They're all good shots, but let me give you more of my thinking on this, and why I prefer my version of shooting the 5ball...

You both spoke about "getting more action out of the stack"...but I see that as doing more than you have to do here...my reasoning that I am sharing here is an - 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it" line of thinking...in other words...the three balls in front of your pocket are laying spread out, dead-nuts perfect - you don't need more balls over there - what if you "get action out of the stack" and you leave a window, or a couple of those "action balls" tie up the balls by your pocket?...or you lose the cueball a little bit and sell out the 1ball?...

So for me, the all-important thing is getting a snooker/hiding those perfect three balls that are in front of my pocket - and the shot I posted is the easiest and most secure way of achieving that.

- Ghost

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Rod.

I also like this shot, no kiss, no risk, good action, just controll the cue ball and look for good things to happen.

Billy I.

cuesmith

Verified Member
androd said:
Rod.
I agree with androd. It was exactly what I thought as soon as I looked at it! Don't know why anyone would consider anything else!

Sherm

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
cuesmith said:
I agree with androd. It was exactly what I thought as soon as I looked at it! Don't know why anyone would consider anything else!
Sherm

Lemme help you out - read post #12, and then you'll know why :)

- Gho$t

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
One Pocket Ghost said:
Lemme help you out - read post #12, and then you'll know why :)

- Gho$t
Gho$t, I'm with you on this one. If I'm going to play the five into the stack, I doing it with just enough speed to get it there and no more. Why disturb the stack and maybe help them out of the trap.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Rod & Tim....They're all good shots, but let me give you more of my thinking on this, and why I prefer my version of shooting the 5ball...

You both spoke about "getting more action out of the stack"...but I see that as doing more than you have to do here...my reasoning that I am sharing here is an - 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it" line of thinking...in other words...the three balls in front of your pocket are laying spread out, dead-nuts perfect - you don't need more balls over there - what if you "get action out of the stack" and you leave a window, or a couple of those "action balls" tie up the balls by your pocket?...or you lose the cueball a little bit and sell out the 1ball?...

So for me, the all-important thing is getting a snooker/hiding those perfect three balls that are in front of my pocket - and the shot I posted is the easiest and most secure way of achieving that.

- Ghost
Generally speaking I agree with the Ghost and his line of thinking on this layout. Take the certainty over the possibility and protect the balls by your pocket. The only problem I see with that in this layout is there's no great way to play a lock-up safety. I think the 6 blocks you from hitting the 1 and I think the 5 is too far off the rail to play the shot that Ghooaassty showed in his WEI layout. By default, the bank on the 5 into the stack may just win out here.

P.S. Larry, I've said before that you can't infer anything by the pic I post. Sometimes it's the only good overhead of the layout as they ofttimes switch to that camera shot just before the player pulls the trigger:) .

That is what Mataya did and he made the 8 off the 7:

Mataya's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it, he did play the cueball safe.

Mataya's Leave.Jpeg

He could easily have hit the 10 going in and sold out a shot like this:

Mataya's Shot 2.jpg