Cook Vs Mizerack

cuesmith

Verified Member
lll said:
what would you do???
remember COOKS shooting
View attachment 2076

I would kick off the end rail under the 6 ball sending it towards the ball by the side pocket with the intention of tying both ball up and sending the cueball near the pocket. It's just a shot to bide time and wait for a more offensive shot that can be executed without selling out.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
cuesmith said:
I would kick off the end rail under the 6 ball sending it towards the ball by the side pocket with the intention of tying both ball up and sending the cueball near the pocket. It's just a shot to bide time and wait for a more offensive shot that can be executed without selling out.
That's the only shot that I saw too.

Greenshot_2010-12-26_14-46-32.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
That's the only shot that I saw too.

View attachment 2077

There is another shot.
Go into the rail behind the 6 with left and spin into the 10? crossing over it and ending up near the 9?
More offensive but if you hit it right it leaves nothing.

Bill Stroud

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
hey, what about the upper most solid...near the spot...the 5?...ok send it off the long rail into the pack moving the world over to your side and send whitey up to the end rail for protection?

G.

might be REAL thin? :)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Gerry said:
hey, what about the upper most solid...near the spot...the 5?...ok send it off the long rail into the pack moving the world over to your side and send whitey up to the end rail for protection?

G.

might be REAL thin? :)
dont think it was available or as you suggested too thin to pack punch
i still like your one rail bank that split the uprights:)

senor

Verified Member
lll said:
i'll leave this till tommorrow to let the night owls reply

One rail kick into the stripe next to Miz's pocket. The way the shot appears to be laying, it's easier than one might think to hit the "good" side of the stripe coming in, thereby snookering Miz from the left side of the table. Please draw or greenshot if someone sees what I'm talking about.

Thanks

senor

Verified Member
lll said:
i'll leave this till tommorrow to let the night owls reply

A more aggressive shot that could be laying good is to shoot the 'free' stripe beneath the stack into the stripe near the Miz's pocket. This shot should be hit with speed so that the original object ball leaves the area and the stripe near the pocket can create some action with the 6 ball. Hit the cue ball with low/outside english and send whitey around two rails, leaving Miz straight in on the 1 from the end rail, and hopefully leaving him in a trap if you get some good action with the balls moving.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
senor said:
A more aggressive shot that could be laying good is to shoot the 'free' stripe beneath the stack into the stripe near the Miz's pocket. This shot should be hit with speed so that the original object ball leaves the area and the stripe near the pocket can create some action with the 6 ball. Hit the cue ball with low/outside english and send whitey around two rails, leaving Miz straight in on the 1 from the end rail, and hopefully leaving him in a trap if you get some good action with the balls moving.

Yeah senor, I was going to post that shot, but the first striped ball is laying a little high for the shot, so I didn't - still might be able to shoot it though....but, if that stripe was laying better (an inch or two lower), then I believe you, myself, and also most of the experienced One Pocket players here on the site, would be shooting that shot in this spot.

- Ghost

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
senor said:
One rail kick into the stripe next to Miz's pocket. The way the shot appears to be laying, it's easier than one might think to hit the "good" side of the stripe coming in, thereby snookering Miz from the left side of the table. Please draw or greenshot if someone sees what I'm talking about.

Thanks
senor's shot

Attachments

• Greenshot_2010-12-26_21-04-25.jpg
    Greenshot_2010-12-26_21-04-25.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 0

Gerry

Verified Member
From
S.E. PA.
Ill...you are the man!, so gimme the result of what you are thinkin bout for this shot!

besides that!...happy xmas my good man!......

G.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
cuesmith said:
I like your shot as much or better then anything else, really don't have to gamble here just try to grind out of the break. I also like going forward with the cue ball after striking the 6 ball, using high right english will reposition the cue ball possibly under the 10 ball. It doesn't look like he can improve his position with your shot, and you have a good chance to eventually level the field.

Billy I.

backplaying

Verified Member
How about shooting the stripe ball either one rail or two,depending on the angle, taking out the ball by his hole and stunning the cueball toward his pocket, and if the angle is wrong to stun it straight, come off the bottom rail into the six? If you just take the six out and don't follow it by his pocket won't he just spin the ball closer to his hole and go three rails and leave you by the side pocket putting you in a really bad spot?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
senor and frank were on the right path:)
cook hit the first stripe into the six
six caromed into the stripe by the pocket and caromed into miz pocket
the six hit the solid on the right side of the stack as we look at it
and the stripe went off the long rail up table
the cue ball fell to the center of the foot rail behind the stack
cm4.jpg