From
vero beach fl
sorry cant give you game score :eek:
ball score 0-0
ronnies shot and hes shooting 2 handed on this one
ra1.jpg

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
Larry..I think I would bank that ball on the right rail (to RA's left ) into those 2 balls by his pocket and stick the QB.. on second thought that would leave an easy cross bank response so maybe follow qb and leave on rail between 2nd and 3rd diamonds

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
MARK..HOU TX said:
Larry..I think I would bank that ball on the right rail (to RA's left ) into those 2 balls by his pocket and stick the QB
mark isnt the stack in the way of the 2 balls by ronnies pocket:confused:
do you mean bank it into the stack??

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
lll said:
mark isnt the stack in the way of the 2 balls by ronnies pocket:confused:
do you mean bank it into the stack??
Larry..your probably right ..it's just hard to tell from pic angle

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I like cutting the ball closest to his pocket with some outside and coming down and back up for the other ball sitting on the rail 2nd closest to his pocket, he has traffic but I like the shot. :)

JAM

Verified Member
Slice the ball closest to his pocket in, like it had eyes, using low right with enough speed to allow the cueball to slam the pack of balls behind it, hoping they all stand up for a nice run-out. :D

My motto has always been to hit 'em as hard as you can, and all pockets stand by! :eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
JAM said:
Slice the ball closest to his pocket in, like it had eyes, using low right with enough speed to allow the cueball to slam the pack of balls behind it, hoping they all stand up for a nice run-out. :D

My motto has always been to hit 'em as hard as you can, and all pockets stand by! :eek:
JAM i think you had a good teacher for your one pocket :)
i'll post what ronnie did this evening or tommorrow to let others give their shot selections.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I have no doubt at all that he played off the two dark balls (4 and 6, maybe) that are close to the cb. He cut the first one into the stack, hitting the combo pointed toward his corner, and then drew into a full hit on the second one, banking it across toward his hole. If he hit it real good, he might park the stone right there.

I created a very handsome Greenshot diagram, but somewhere along the way it went to hell, and is not back yet. :eek:

senor

Verified Member
vapros said:
I have no doubt at all that he played off the two dark balls (4 and 6, maybe) that are close to the cb. He cut the first one into the stack, hitting the combo pointed toward his corner, and then drew into a full hit on the second one, banking it across toward his hole. If he hit it real good, he might park the stone right there.

I created a very handsome Greenshot diagram, but somewhere along the way it went to hell, and is not back yet. :eek:

Sounds like you've seen the man play a few times...

beatle

Verified Member
looks good but wasnt very effective. i think he could have done much better.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Back to One Pocket...the Ghost is staying far away from those flaming threads - my white sheet is way too flammable..:D...but actually, I do have to throw a few sparks at Ronnie and Larry :eek: >>> I don't like what Ronnie shot...and Larry, sorry, but obviously you didn't depict the ball action of his shot correctly = you show the solid ball that he shot into, missing the rack and bouncing back across - but it didn't end up where you're arrow indicated... instead, it must have actually hit the top of the stack, because the striped ball that was stuck in the top left of the stack, is now that loose striped ball to our left of the stack...

And as I said, I don't like the shot choice - there was risk, with not enough gain...ie, with where Ronnie left the cueball, if that striped ball had fallen one ball width lower, Harry would have a straight, short, free cross-corner bank.

- Gho$t

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
I don't like what he shot...and Larry, sorry, but obviously you didn't depict the ball action of his shot correctly = you show the solid ball that he shot into, missing the rack and bouncing back across - but it didn't end up where you're arrow indicated... instead, it must have actually hit the top of the stack, because the striped ball that was stuck in the top left of the stack, is now that loose striped ball to our left of the stack...

And as I said, I don't like the shot choice, because with where Ronnie left the cueball, if that striped ball had fallen one ball width lower, Harry would have a straight, short, free cross-corner bank.

- Gho$t

Ghost, The shots Ronnie took were very seldom the shot "WE" lesser players would pick, but they worked for him.

When we are debating the shots selected on here we do not take into context the particular situations of the game they are part of.

In this case, the player following Ronnie was Harry Platis, a much inferior player than his partner, Keith Mc Cready. Shooting in front of Harry is the time to be bold in this matchup, PLUS his next turn is one handed and he is more likely to be more conservative then, especially with Keith following him.

On a side note, I have watched Ronnie be his own partner in this situation a few times. He would shoot one handed as often as he could on easier shots or easier safeties, sometimes two or three in a row if they did not pay attention. Then when a tough shot came up he could shoot it two handed, reminding them that he shot the last shot one handed.

He moved better than six Ghost's.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
jrhendy said:
Ghost, The shots Ronnie took were very seldom the shot "WE" lesser players would pick, but they worked for him.

When we are debating the shots selected on here we do not take into context the particular situations of the game they are part of.

In this case, the player following Ronnie was Harry Platis, a much inferior player than his partner, Keith Mc Cready. Shooting in front of Harry is the time to be bold in this matchup, PLUS his next turn is one handed and he is more likely to be more conservative then, especially with Keith following him.

On a side note, I have watched Ronnie be his own partner in this situation a few times. He would shoot one handed as often as he could on easier shots or easier safeties, sometimes two or three in a row if they did not pay attention. Then when a tough shot came up he could shoot it two handed, reminding them that he shot the last shot one handed.

He moved as good as the Ghost.

John.....No need to defend Ronnie - obviously......Everybody knows, including me, that he was in the top 1-3 movers and One Pocket players of all time...I just didn't happen to like this particular shot of his - and that's with my having taken into account all of the strategies/situational considerations that you mentioned...:)

- Gho$ty

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
john and ghost ,
its so refreshing to have an intelligent discussion among members without rancor:)
i really mean that:)

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
lll said:
john and ghost ,
its so refreshing to have an intelligent discussion among members without rancor
i really mean that

I thought there was a little "rancor" - I don't want my STS ranking to go down..:(...:D

- Ghosty

PS, "rancor"...larry, are you attempting to challenge me and Freddy in the big word category...:rolleyes: :D :cool: