Tony Chohan vs. Chris Bartram 2007 U.S. Open

bstroud

Verified Member
Seeing the result, I think the solid ball was too close to the rail to shoot this shot. It's only really good if you can get the solid into the stack.

Bill Stroud

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
vapros said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And Its hard too exacly see howe the balls are laying but it looks like the stripe ball could kiss off the 9 ball and go in. THat shot will turn the whole game around. And you will become a good favorite.

Looky here. Artie has endorsed my shot. Sort of.

I am talking about hittin the 6 ball first from the end rail and going behind the 14 ball. I am not kicking at the 14 ball. THe shot lays perfect going off the 6 ball to the side rail and then behind the 14 ball. And all the little balls will open up for you too run out on the next shot.

THe two balls on the other side off the table arent hurting you. Why help youre opponent and help him. And waiste a shot too brack up two balls he cant make that you might end up getting a free bank.

You are not helping your position by bracking up the two balls. Some one shoot the shot that I said off the 6 ball and behind the 14 ball . And see what it will look like.

I promise you you cannot do anything wrong shooting my shot. Try it Dock and see what happines. Even shoot it 2 or three times. The out come will help youre position a lot. Especialy because the two balls will still be tied up.

I am a probability and percentage Doctor. My teacher was albert Einstien.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I am talking about hittin the 6 ball first from the end rail and going behind the 14 ball. I am not kicking at the 14 ball. THe shot lays perfect going off the 6 ball to the side rail and then behind the 14 ball. And all the little balls will open up for you too run out on the next shot.

THe two balls on the other side off the table arent hurting you. Why help youre opponent and help him. And waiste a shot too brack up two balls he cant make that you might end up getting a free bank.

You are not helping your position by bracking up the two balls. Some one shoot the shot that I said off the 6 ball and behind the 14 ball . And see what it will look like.

I promise you you cannot do anything wrong shooting my shot. Try it Dock and see what happines. Even shoot it 2 or three times. The out come will help youre position a lot. Especialy because the two balls will still be tied up.

I am a probability and percentage Doctor. My teacher was albert Einstien.
I like the 6 ball shot, but you really can't hit it hard enough to move much out of the stack toward your hole. I'm thinking about cutting the 6 thin enough to roll the CB two rails up against the 14 (which Billy already offered).

You may be thinking of hitting the 6 fuller, and following the CB two rails to the same place. But too me, that still doesn't seem to put enough steam on the stack to move them to my hole, although it would open them up more favorably. Also the 2 and 6 balls would move more toward the opponent's hole.

Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
I like the 6 ball shot, but you really can't hit it hard enough to move much out of the stack toward your hole. I'm thinking about cutting the 6 thin enough to roll the CB two rails up against the 14 (which Billy already offered).

You may be thinking of hitting the 6 fuller, and following the CB two rails to the same place. But too me, that still doesn't seem to put enough steam on the stack to move them to my hole, although it would open them up more favorably. Also the 2 and 6 balls would move more toward the opponent's hole.

Doc

Her is what I am saying the main purpose is to lock youtr opponent up behind the 14 ball. And all you want too do is loosen up the balls . Youre not looking tooshoot them in front off your whole. Just loosen up the balls .

Shoot the shot and show a picture off what the resuilte off the shot will be with the cue ball behind the 14 ball. And what is youre opponent going too do from that position? And the balls should loosen up real nice.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

yOU ARE CORRECT bILLY OFFERED THE SAME SHOT. And that is the best shot. And youre oponent will have too figure out something for his next shot. Being behind the 14 ball.

That is a very good shot and can change the whole game. I would like to tell you that when I look at a shot that . I reply on I do not look at all the other posts and treads that people have replied on howe the would shoot the shot.

That does not concern me or change my choice off shots.

I am not a beginner. And I know I no what the correct shot is too shoot. No matter what the shot is. I do not get influenced by other peoples shots and choices.

I have studed this game back wards and forwards I no what too do. And Why I am doing it. I do not shoot a shot and guesss. THis is not a guessing game. I shoot the shot that is the best shot too do the most damage too my apponent .

And will but my opponent in a mistake position. And thier are other reasons too. I dont just shoot because its my turn too shoot. And if I dont understand or no the answer why I am shooting that shot.

I will waite and figure out the answer. But I will not shhot before I have the answer and no why I am shooting the shot. And what I am trying too accompish by shooting that shot.

I see that some people have improved thier thinking. Because when they syarted thier replies. They would just day this or that. But some off them no have advanced. And nowe they say what shot the shoot and they finnaly learnsed to add. THat important Word.

WHY WHY WHY they are shooying the shot. And thats a big step forward. Not just saying I will do this or that. And not wexplain Why they are doing it. Lot off great players dhoot shots and dont no why they are shooting that shot. But all they will saty thats the shot.

But they cant explain it when I ask them Why they are shooting the shot. You no WHy. Because the dont no themselves why they are shooting the shot. Because they never figured it out.

And every shot you shoot you shouild no Why you are shootingb that shot. If you dont no Why you are shootung the shot. Then you just dont no what you are doing. BUt the hardest thing I found out about one pocket or other pool games. Its hard for people too think.

And Women in pool even have a harder time thinking then men. I dont no why but. I have gone through it and tested it. If you dont belive me just ask one off the women players. Playing Eight ball what the are doing running the rack . And why they are shooting and running the balls the way they are.

And some off them might not even give you a answer becayse they dont think and they dont no the answer. They just shoot a dhot at a time. And during thr whole rack they might shoot 2 or 3 different shots they didnt even thunk about shooting.

And thier is no order in witch they are going too run the balls. Even John Burbank. THe honest man.. HE said he plays one shot at a time. Did that surprise you or did you think he had all 5 banks figured out ahead off time howe he was going too run all 5 balls playing banks.

John shoots at the shot he thinks is the best shot for him too make. And then he will do the same thing on his next shot. A lot off banbers will shoot the shot the like and some players will play position for thier next shot.And other banbers will just try too lock up the one bank. And if the his the try too put the cue ball were thier opponent wont have a shot.

Thier are offensive bankers and Deffenseve bankers. Everyone has thier style. Most bankers are offensive bankers. Thats what Bugs and Taylor were. And Truman. And I would say John Burbank is a offensive banker. But I realy havant seen him play enough to say it 100%.

Ronberg was a Devinsive banker. Nick Varner is a deffensive banker. And Allen Hopkins and Corry Duel are on the definsive side. BIlly In cardone Shannon Daulton Cliff Scott ALex Eferine Cornbread REd ARE Offensive bankers. But thier are offensive bankers and deffensive bankers. And the same playing one pocket. Thier are offensive and Deffensive one pocket players.

And today playing one pocket its like 95% offense. But not 35 years ago. And Some players are wright in the middle offense and deffense . Buddy Hall is one off those players. Steve Cook was another player like that. JImmy Fousco was also that kind off player. And that is a very good way too play. Because you are not all offensive Like Ronnie and Bugs and Scott. And they are not all Defense like Clem Joey Spath Phoney. And other players.

A deffensive player will do everything he can not too leave you a shot. But a offensive player is looking too shoot and run eight and out. NOt just loooking to make two balls and play safe. Thier game and thier mind is gerd up too run 8 and out.

BUt the more soild players are more balanced. And they dont play those extrimes weather it is offense or deffense. BUt the hardest players too beat are controlrd players that no what they are doing.

THe are not real hot or real cold. When they are playing great the maske everything and run out. And when they play bad the miss everything and look bad.

THe consistent steady players dont have those ups and down swings. Because the shots the shoot and the have control off thier game. ANd they will be more consisent.

BUt take it for what its worth. But when I see a example off a lay out what too do. and what would I do . I do not llook or go by what other people do. I look at the layout. And I figure out what shot I can get the most out off. And Help me get in a position to win the game. And but my opponent in a position too make a mistake.

And I no why I am shooting every shoot I choose and Why. CAn you say the same thing about youreself and the shot you are shooting. If youre answer is no and you cannot answer youre own Qouistions on every shot.

THen THe answer I see is that you have more too learn. Tell you can answer yourslf on every shot why you are shooting that shot. And what will happen from the shot you chose.

If your opponent puts you in a trap from the position you lrft him. Or you leave him a free shot. THen you no the shot you chose was not the correct shot. And you have too improve youre thinking.

Without a answer why you are shooting a certain shot is not going to improve youre game or thinking. NO what you are doing and WHY WHY you are doing it.

THese are real strong thungs to learn and go by too realy learn too play the game off one pocket.

I no the game And if someone thinks they no more or want too challange what I am saying. WE can figure out howe too see who realy knowes the truth and answers.

If I didnt learn the answers then I could never say what I am saying today. And everyone thinks they no the game. BUt most off it is just talk. No proof on real answers and the will not be able to answer Qouistions that cannot be answered umless they no the correct answers.

And people think because they have played for 40 or 50 years and playerd good that they no they game.

But I am sorry to thiss apoint you. THat does not mean you realy no they game. Because you have learned the basick shots that are obvius that all one pocket players shoot.

BUt I am talking about the whole game. Not just part off the game or certain shots.

Anyone can learn that. Just watch good players play over and over. And you will see what they do enough times. Then you will no too what they will do on certain shots. Because you have seen the same shot a hunderd times.

And it is recorded in youre mind. Just like a player shooting a bad or wrong shot.
And you say howe can he shoot that dumb shoot.Well you no its a bad shot. Because you have seen the wright shot so meny times. THat you no the correct shot and what he shouls shoot. But tahe because you learned the correct answer.

Good LUck with youre one pocket game. And remember think will help you improve youre game.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Here's the Billy/Artie shot, followed by the shot Artie possibly favors, hitting the 6 fuller with follow to get a little more action opening the stack. Same cueball result: ~Doc
Bartrum 1.jpg

Bartrum 2.jpg
BTW Artie, you split out of Indiana so quickly, I didn't get to cash in on my lesson. I guess I'll have to go out to Vegas...;)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Here's the Billy/Artie shot, followed by the shot Artie possibly favors, hitting the 6 fuller with follow to get a little more action opening the stack. Same cueball result: ~Doc
View attachment 2353

View attachment 2354
BTW Artie, you split out of Indiana so quickly, I didn't get to cash in on my lesson. I guess I'll have to go out to Vegas...;)

Ha KId You can be a contender all you have too learn what too do. And once you learn it you might do it better then everyone else.

But I cannot weigh up youre game without seeong you play. I promise you one thing uf you listen too me you will learn more then you will learn from anyone else.

I can say that and I dont even want you too belive me. Tell you see what I tell. You And I no once I get started you will listen too everything I say.Because everything I tell you will help and improve youre game.

I realy dont no you. And even when I go too a tournement I realy dont no who is who. Unless I get introduced too them. Or the come up and tell me who they are,

So next time you see me just walk up too me and tell me who you are. You dont need no story or coversation.

I will remember youre name. And I no you want too learn the game. And I will go too a private rable or room . And we will get started on youre game. And If you dont like what I am telling you.

Just walk away and say Ill see you later. I dont want to keep going if. you dont think what I am saying will help youre game. I dont want no sweathers or conversation.

I will breack youre game down and go wright to shots and things that will help youre game wright away. And when you are done get a game with someone who playes even with you and see if what I said helped youre game.

And you will be the person that sees ut. And I can point out youre flawes so you dont repeat them and keep doing them over.

I will not start on the top levele and bring you down. But I will start with youre flaws correct them and work you too a higher levele. And you will see it as clear as you wright youre name.

And I will do that for you. Because I think you are serious about the game. And I can help you move along faster. And put you in the learning fram off mind. In order to learn youre mind has to be on learning. Nothing else.

So next time you see me just walk up and give me youre name and we will see what happines. ANd I will also be able too see youre potential. And what levele you will be able too reach.

And I dont thunk you ever herd that from anyone else. But its about you and the kind off player you want too be. And you will be amazed at what you can learn in a short time.

And if you have the ability and absorb what I am telling you . You will be a very happy player. And I will tell you exacly what I see weather you like it or not.

Because this is about youre pool game not youre caracter. And if you are comeing too las vegas for the pool tournement. THat will be ok too.

Mean while keep racticing and watching what the good player are doing . And ask youreself before the shot what would you do. And why did they do what they did.

Bit you will be OK.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Ok

Ok

So what did HE shoot and did T-Rex then shoot his nuts off?

Do either the 11 or 9 carom into Bartram's pocket?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
So what did HE shoot and did T-Rex then shoot his nuts off?

Do either the 11 or 9 carom into Bartram's pocket?
Dave,

You may actually want to read the entire thread, including the post where I showed what CB shot:p . Do you hail from Vegas now?

Dennis

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
I hail from whereever I happen to be.

Sorry I missed it. Must have gotten vapor lock .... sometimes happens on these threads.

Cowboy Dennis said:
Dave,

You may actually want to read the entire thread, including the post where I showed what CB shot:p . Do you hail from Vegas now?

Dennis