Recent content by Islandeddie

1. I

DCC Action Table

So, this afternoon we watched two old guys, John and Billy, playing a set of one pocket, and just now I tune in to to "Kids" playing . . . . . . . . One pocket, not nine ball. Quote that Strawberry Brooks. . .
  2. I

Geeky Gladiator vs. Young Poet Plumber (playing even)

We are living the sweater’s life, vicariously through live stream from the “action” room at the DCC. Our Gladiator, who could double for Icabod Crane, addresses the pool table, knees bent in a semi crouch, chin forward like a chicken in half stride, swings the wing, and misses the shot. His...
  3. I

A Christmas One Pocket Story

Did you ever wonder where Santa Claus spends his off-season? If you were to guess some place warm, I think it would be a safe bet. That is why I wasn't too surprised to meet a guy in New Orleans one spring that may well have been that "jolly old elf". It's no secret that New Orleans is a hot...
  4. I

Trio one pocket (2 on 1)

Scenario Three equally talented players play a game with one guy playing both ends of a partners game. Which team has the advantage?
  5. I

Thanks Lenny

A book size package showed up in today's mail with a Arizona return address. Too light to be another "One Pocket Man" book, (great reading), maybe a set of pistol grips from my retired buddy who moonlights in a gun shop down there. I opened it up to find two of Lenny's DVDs. Great I thought...
  6. I

Duffer's Time

My regular, twice a week game, (me giving 8 to 7, or 8 to 6 when he is doggie) starts a 10 am, and no new games after 1pm. Then lunch and a nap. I think we are over the hill. Do you like to play earlier in the day?