Recent content by Jim Pengra

1. J

Chalk-Off?

Spent much of the weekend watching 1P or 10B streams from NC. I noticed Jay Helfert, the tourney director, using some spray product to clean the tables between some matches. Never saw the product before. Always been skeptical of vacuuming and brushes. The product was called chalk-off. Does it...
  2. J

Tight Pockets For 1P?

Does anyone have any thoughts about using tighter pockets for 1P? I was playing pool on a snooker table the other night and liked the extra degree of difficulty. No...wasn't playing one pocket. That game would be near impossible on a snooker table. But I'm thinking about tightening the pockets...
  3. J

Question For stevelomako

Steve, Am wondering if you remember a player that had a small commercial place in west central Detroit. He worked on cues but had a 9' table in his place. Had a desk, the 9 footer and a work station. I suspect there was a bit of action there. Had him work on a cue or 2 when I lived in Hamtramck...
  4. J

Yellow Balls

I'm new to the forum and to one pocket. Read an earlier post about using all yellow balls. The idea intrigued me. I finally got some. It does provide a nice contrast to the green felt. (all tables must be green felted). After 40 yrs of playing with numbered balls it helps me concentrate while...
  5. J

PH's in Austin, TX?

Taking a week off from work and thinking about hanging out in Austin. Any recommended pool halls. Thanks.