Recent content by RileysDad

1. RileysDad

Best One Pocket Book?

Here is a list of some hard to find books on One Pocket. If any of you have any of these to sell, please let me know? "The One-Pocket Book" by Ronnie Allen: This comprehensive guide covers the history, rules, and strategies of One-pocket and includes a wealth of information on shot-making and...
  2. RileysDad

Coker Cue: SF Giants Colors

1997 Coker Cue, two original shafts, one never played. $750 OBO Six (6) points in Orange and Black, the high points ARE uneven This is a great earlier example of Tom Coker's work that hits wonderfully. The cue was originally made for a local player known as Phil the Broker, but saw almost no...
  3. RileysDad

Looking for Players in Santa Clara

Looking for over 50 players in the Santa Clara Area. The Senior Center on Fremont had 5 full size tables. 3 AMF and 2 unknown that are in reasonable shape. We have at least 6-8 folks that can spell One Pocket and it would be great to have more. Best part is that it is Free! First come...
  4. RileysDad

Spotting an owed ball

Situation: I owe a ball, but have none to spot at the end of my inning My opponent comes to the table. Makes one (or more) of his balls and then makes one in my pocket. When does this ball spot?
  5. RileysDad

Buddy Hall: Rags to Rifleman

First edition 1995 Cover and a few pages dogeared Photos Available on request $300 e-mail db_lewis@yahoo.com
  6. RileysDad

One-Pocket dying off in Bay Area?

Seems like what was once a fair place to get some one-pocket action is losing steam! California Billiards quit hosting their Saturday One-Pocket tourney months ago and the new owners don't seem interested in bringing it back. Memo is no longer trying to get one-pocket going at Campbell I...
  7. RileysDad

California Billiards (In Sunnyvale) SOLD!!?

Word is that Chet Ito has sold California Billiards in Sunnyvale. Anyone out there verify this? California Billiards is without a doubt one of the best laid out and maintained rooms in the country with a nice "players" area with 8 tight Gold crowns and a fierce snooker table with a modertely...
  8. RileysDad

Kinister's Tapes?

Anyone got thoughts on Kinister's Tapes. I just got pretty complete lot and wand opinions please?
  9. RileysDad

Santa Clara Valley?!?

Well, at least two of my one-pocket cronies are leaving the Silly Valley and I'm looking for some new One-Pocket players. I'm a member at Campbell Billiards and alos play at Shoreline a good deal. California Billiards, is nice, but I am still on Chet Ito's Shit List for the review I wrote 2...
  10. RileysDad

Danny Median Video!`

Anyone interested in the a copy of "Become a Better Pool Player" By Danny Medina? $15 Original VHS tape in its slipcover. NEVER seen it before. Leave me a message!
  11. RileysDad

Shots, Moves & Stratagies

Posted today on E-bay. $75 start price. GO GO GO
  12. RileysDad

Winning One Pocket on E-bay

I have a worn copy of winning One Pocket up on E-bay: It ain't pretty but it gets you there RD
  13. RileysDad

Balabushkas Abound!

Wow, there are three Balabushkas on e-0bay at the moment. Each and every one comes with a letter or authenticity from a major name in the sport. Is it really possible that there are so many real Bushkas out there??? :)
  14. RileysDad

Southwest Cues = No New Oders?!?

I just got a buzz that the folks at Southwest are no longer taking any orders for new cues. I also noticed that the prioce for decent SW cues on E-bay just went up considerably. Anyone else hear of this??
  15. RileysDad

Boston Break!?!

Last week we had a little debate in Campbell about the legality of breaking "Boston" (banking the cue into the rack). Memo quietly claimed that you were required, by the BCA rules, to break from the side oppposite the pocket you wanted. Many of the other other in the room vociferiusly...