Search results

1. B

DCC 45 degree rule; a better way?

There's more. Suppose I ask for the cueball to be cleaned? And, the re-spotted cueball is now in a different location then prior to the cleaning? Maybe the gap is larger or maybe smaller between the object ball and cueball. My point being, sometimes the rules cannot be empirical as the variances...
  2. B

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Kentucky wants to have a Super Seniors at CA Billiards? Is this potentially replacing the Houston Seniors Event? I'm all in for Ca Billiards for Super Seniors and Seniors in Houston if it happens this year? Any and all sounds great..
  3. B

Coming up: Tony vs. Billy 8-7 - who's got the best of it here?

By the way, there were 4600 active views during that final game. Nary a complaint at 2AM eastern time.
  4. B

The Big One You Tube final episode score 39/38.
  5. B

Steve let the shot clock go. Action matches will never adopt that rule. Why would any player agree to that rule? I recommend that you take a long look at that IN/OFF Tony shot against Dennis in the Big One Match. It took him 10 minutes to pump himself up for that shot and we know the...
  6. B

Fats once said, "You Can't Stop The Bank Shot." I agree and Billy is in this big time.
  7. B

Official sign up list for 2024 MOT at Railyard Billiards, Louisville, KY

Looked like a very nice event. Sorry I missed it guys.
  8. B

Port Chester Mickey

That is Roy for sure.
  9. B

2025 Derby City Classic

Nice............
  10. B

2025 Derby City Classic

Dave, were the pajamas cotton or fleece?
  11. B

Ray vs. Tom #1.

Side rail kick the ten in. Cueball goes into the stack.
  12. B

2025 Derby City Classic

Steve, there's a lot that can happen to speed up the game. I like some of those sudden death ideas. They add drama. My wife and I went to dinner tonight. We were auto texted when our table was ready. Humm? Why can't that happen at DCC?? How about all the program refreshes that delay assignments...
  13. B

2025 Derby City Classic

Steve, you are a strong proponent of the Grady Rule and for quite some time. I feel the opposite. Our differences at least IMO is that all the other remedies that could improve the time it takes to play matches have not been fully addressed. For example: DCC has an antiquated scheduling system...
  14. B

2025 Derby City Classic

El Chapo, you'd be a great addition to the rules committee. You understand the issues....................
  15. B

2025 Derby City Classic

I think we are going to be discussing the rule changes to One Pocket til we are all in wheel chairs. The converted nine ball players want One Pocket games to last ten minutes and the die hard One Pocket Players want the game to be played like it supposed to be played even if it takes an hour or...
  16. B

TECHNICAL QUESTION

Interesting how this shot made it into Ray's 99 shots. Not sure about his thinking here??
  17. B

2025 Derby City Classic

If they added that extra day then it would really help. I hope they return to the old One Pocket Rules and get rid of the Grady Rule and LET THEM PLAY.
  18. B

Break-and-Runs in Old Time One Pocket

We haven't spoken too much in the forums about Glenn Womack "Eufala Kid" but I saw him play one time in maybe 1965 when he was way past his prime. I was 17 yrs old and didn't really understand One Pocket just yet. As I understand it, he was the best One Pocket Player prior to RA's arrival on the...
  19. B

WWYD from Philly - 100 a game

I am not going to putz around in this shot. There are eight balls up there and the miracle it would take to pocket that two ball and be safe is quite unrealistic. I'm hitting that thirteen ball as hard as I can without sending balls off the table and attempt to leave only four or five balls...
  20. B

Jimmy Mataya Passed

Just heard JM passed. No specifics as of yet. One of the all time good players and personalities in our game. RIP JM.