Search results

1. B

Hard Times Sacramento Food Menu

I didn't realize Hard Times's menu had became so heavily Asian based. Off topic, but if anyone likes teriyaki, you have to try the Bachans teriyaki sauce available almost everywhere now. Made in Sebastopol CA, about 10 miles from me, it has won over a lot of chefs and is a great option for...
  2. B

Amar kang

https://www.tributearchive.com/obituaries/27280775/guramarpreet-singh-kang/sacramento/california/north-sacramento-funeral-home-inc Posted on Azbilliards by Atlarge. I barely knew Amar but this still is a shock to me and many others in Norcal. He's been such a force in this area for so...
  3. B

Ronnie Allen vs JR

Hell yeah. That's a good one for sure.
  4. B

Free One Pocket Stream CA Billiards

Nice to see another quality room care enough about one pocket to host an event like this. Shout out to my buddy Jeff Nystrom for holding his own in the event. Talented player with a great attitude.
  5. B

SVB vs Tony LIVE!

17-16 Tony according to Nick on AZ a minute ago.
  6. B

Cochran's and Palace Billiards

Look familiar?
  7. B

Like John mentioned, Lee owns Buffalo Billiards again and it's now in Petaluma. One of the very few pool halls to survive Covid and just the pool business in general in this area. The room is doing well. I live in Petaluma.
  8. B

Robert Byrne lived in Petaluma for a long time, 10 miles south of Santa Rosa, then moved back to the midwest. He was a part owner in the original Buffalo Billiards that was in Cotati. Not a big share, but he helped get it started. I used to play three cushion with him sometimes. I miss seeing...
  9. B

Buffalos Pro Classic $26,000 Added May 25-29, 2022

https://digitalpool.com/tournaments/buffalos-pro-classic-one-pocket-event-dollar20000-added-2022/bracket Looks like Tony won the hot seat. Alex plays the winner of Gorst vs Calderon, then that winner plays J Roberts to get to the finals.
  10. B

the end of my home room

First I've heard the Broken Rack is closing. Chris M played tourneys there but it was never his home room. Played for a very long time in the Santa Rosa area but not so much lately... The last real pool room north of SF and the Oakland/Berkeley area is Buffalo Billiards in Petaluma. Lee Simon...
  11. B

Scott/Tony Action Line

Someone on AZB took bets at 7 to 5. 125 to win 175 if you take Frost
  12. B

5 rack game?

Didn't Gabe Owen run something like 62 at this game? MIght of been Helfert who said that might stand up for quite a long time. I thought top players put the over/under at 25 back in the day so if Filler is doing 45 plus that is phenomenal. Allen Hopkins schooled the youngin's too on the no...
  13. B

What's everybody doing within or outside of the parameters of our lockdown?

One resource people may not know about is Hoopla for ebooks and streaming movies from your local library. Easy to sign up or, free, and my library has a ton of movies.
  14. B

Illegal Fouls

Most people I know don't allow the old Ronnie Allen trick of just jamming the cueball into a pocket, corner hooking the opponent, and spotting one ball. Someone at the pool hall asked about another situation. Instead of jumping your opponents game ball out of his hole, what happens if you tap...
  15. B

Looking to Trade For These Matches

Anyone who has any of these matches and is interested in trading for some other original accu-stat tapes (or other stuff) can pm me. I'm looking for: Steve Mizerak vs Nick Varner 1991 Legends of 1P-Philly Style (I'm missing one of the two tapes) Joyner vs Jack Cooney 1998 World One Pocket...
  16. B

Phases of the game

I was wondering who the old timers on the board were the best at the different stages of one pocket. By stages I mean the break, getting out of the break, the middle game or moving stage, and the end game where it comes down to both guys needing just 2 or 3 balls. Most of my opinions are based...
  17. B

Best videos to learn from

Some off the top of my head: 1. Rempe/Fusco : an old Legends of OP tape with Freddie B. doing commentary. Fusco tortures Rempe with old school one hole squeezing. Good tape for learning fundamental strategies. Excellent commentary. 2. Fusco/Varner : another old tape. fusco does player review...
  18. B

Banking with the Beard review

How about a combo price for the book and a onepocket.org shirt :) ***Deleted request for shirt pictures because I saw the shirt in the marketplace section- my computer wouldn't show it on the original thread.
  19. B

books

Any news on when Freddie's book will be out? Also, whatever happened to Danny Diliberto putting out a book? Was the cd-rom or whatever he made available the only way to get it? Since I'm on a book theme, I might as well ask who would you like to read about the most who hasn't put out a book...
  20. B

Question for Sactowntom

I was just wondering if the six 4K ring game players at Hardtimes have been set up yet. Kid D should probably defend his Reno title and so should be in the area; wondering if he might of got in or maybe Alex P. or Santos. Any big timers signed up for the one pocket yet like Ronnie Allen or...