Search results

1. J

Short Rack Snooker on a 12'

The shortened 1P game sounds interesting. Less congestion and more games of shorter duration. Many moons ago on the American 5x10 snooker table, 1 redball games were the norm playing heads up in the Detroit area. 3 redball next. We only used 6 redballs when playing liability (aka: citation).
  2. J

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE GROSS A/K/A 12 SQUARED

Best birthday wishes Dave.
  3. J

Happy Birthday Miller-51

Happy Birthday Dustin! Are you going to be doing any Breeder's Cup wagering?
  4. J

Happy Birthday Jerry!

I hope you enjoy your special day Jerry.
  5. J

Members 2023 Special Edition of The Art of One Pocket

Hi Steve, I’d like a hardcover too please. TY
  6. J

8th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament Bogies Billiards Houston, Tx.

4-1/2" is standard on a Diamond Pro-Am. Real buckets are greater than 4-1/2". Many moons ago lots of rooms with Gold Crowns had 4-3/4" or larger corner pockets! 4-1/4" to 4-3/8" is okay but anything less is unacceptable IMO. The super shut down tables only benefit the room owner and destroy...
  7. J

Standard pocket size would move all matches along and increase the power of offense.
  8. J

I HAVE COVID AND PLAYED AT BOGIES

I hope you recover quickly Robert. I played a set with Larry on Friday in the tournament. So far no symptoms but tomorrow I will test and keep my fingers crossed. Will certainly report here if I test positive.
  9. J

Introducing a new book, The Art of One Pocket

I’m in for either edition Steve. Thanks again for the work involved.
  10. J

Controlled Agression hardback edition

Will do Tom, but I’m thinking the results might be the same. TY
  11. J

I inquired about your book and cds. My message is probably in your spam filter. There was no intention whatsoever to sell you a cue by messaging—I was trying to buy something from you. Lol.
  12. J

Hi Tom, Earlier in the week I sent you and email and also a message on AZ Billiards. No response. TY. Martin
  13. J

💡💡Tony v Fedor 📸 (Tony missed this shot to win Game #1)🤦🏼‍♂️

Anyone can miss a shot like that. Our game can be very humbling at times.
  14. J

US Open OnePocket and Banks

November 2 is the first day of 2 day Breeder's Cup horse races too. Lol.
  15. J

I like the standard Grady rule, 5th ball in kitchen. That was the way it was played at Hard Times Bellflower tournaments. It becomes an interesting variable, of course.
  16. J

💡 Navy Seals, Delta Force, CIA & One Pocket 👀

The range of skill levels and abilities to recognize and visualize possibilities at the table and translate them into effective shots is too vast to standardize. You can do it with bowling, but not with one pocket. This is part of the fascination of the game.
  17. J

💡You MUST choose!! ☝🏼 Only one...

I don't think you can approach the game with a rigid mental template. "Had to choose," is not really applicable. Each game is a drama or adventure (with many variables) to navigate as best you can.
  18. J

Happy Birthday Steve Booth

Best birthday wishes Steve.
  19. J

Will the player list be posted anywhere? TY.
  20. J

Paid entry. Have non smoking queen beds room (Thursday to Sunday) at place walking distance to Bogie's. Can share with someone who is not a world class snorer! Please PM.