IPT to Sponsor One Pocket Tour!

J.D. Dolan

Verified Member
From
Kalamazoo, Michigan
April 1, New York, NY (AP) - The International Pool Tour (IPT) announced plans for a new multi-million dollar pool tour featuring the game of One Pocket, a once-obscure gambling game that has become one of the most popular in the sport of pocket billiards.

Kevin Trudeau, the tour sponsor and self-styled "billionaire infomercial king," said the 12-city tour would begin in 2007, with a payout of one million dollars for each tournament. In addition, Trudeau said that no player on the tour would earn less than $250,000 annually. "And," Trudeau added, "the payouts will be redeemable for products from any of my numerous websites."

The tour director, former Spanish one pocket champion Fower Juan, said that the new tour would help to modernize the game of one pocket. "We have several new rule changes that will make the game more exciting for the players as well as for the television and informercial viewers," Juan said. These rule changes include allowing the players to use the additional five pockets on the table, and assigning the striped balls to one player and the solid-color balls to his or her opponent. "But the final ball," Juan said, "the black one, it has to go in last."

One pocket players reacted to the news with stunned excitement. Danny DiLiberto, former world champion and OnePocket.Org hall of fame member, said, "What? They're going to do what?"

Grady Mathews, another hall of famer, said, "Well I for one am thrilled and excited that our infantalized sport will be growing into the richly deserved rotundness it so humbly deserves."

Current one pocket world champion, Efren Reyes, was literally speechless on hearing the news. After he composed himself, though, he ordered the construction of a new swimming pool.

In a related story, an earthquake of 7.6 on the Richter scale was reported in Oklahoma. Its epicenter was the grave of one pocket legend Haydon Lingo.

The IPT One Pocket Tour will begin on April 1, 2007, in Orlando, Florida, at Disneyworld's Fantasyland Pavillion.

Last edited:

Scottster

From
KCMO
J.D. Dolan said:
April 1, New York, NY (AP) - The International Pool Tour (IPT) announced plans for a new multi-million dollar pool tour featuring the game of One Pocket, a once-obscure gambling game that has become one of the most popular in the sport of pocket billiards.

"We have several new rule changes that will make the game more exciting for the players as well as for the television and informercial viewers," Juan said. These rule changes include allowing the players to use the additional five pockets on the table, and assigning the striped balls to one player and the solid-color balls to the his or her opponent. "But the final ball," Juan said, "the black one, it has to go in last." [//QUOTE=J.D. Dolan]

This was exciting news untill this paragraph. This ain't the game of one-pocket.
Kevin can do whatever the hell he wants with 8 ball but if I go into a pool room and want to match up in one-pocket and some guy says he wants to play IPT rules because that is the way 1 hole is played today. I am gonna die right there on site. If Kevin is going to promote one-pocket we need to do what we can to make sure it is the game we love. Dont allow him to make us whores because of his big money influence to make us play a "One Pocket" game that really isn't.
IF people dont want to watch one-pocket for what it is then fine, leave it alone and dont market for TV. Making assanine changes to this game for "TV" and "Marketing value" is a slap in the face of pool history, and I, for one will not support this at all.

Scottster

From
KCMO
Yup I guess so....:p I just woke up and was reading this before my first sip of coffee, so yeah it got me and also got me on my soap box. SO I fell for it.

1pRoscoe

Verified Member
I caught the joke at "or can redeem for merchandise at my website"...

LOL