Iron Man "One Pocket Tournament" on February 24th, 2024 at Red Shoes Billiards in Alsip, Illinois.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
Red Shoes Billiards will be hosting an Iron Man (one day tournament) "one pocket tournament" on Saturday the 24th of February 2024. The players meeting is at 1100 am. This is a $50 entry fee (green fee included). $500 is added based on a full field which is limited to 30 players. It is a double elimination tournament, 3 wins to advance on the winners side and 2 wins to advance on the losers side. Remember It is a one day tournament and plays on until a winner is crowned.

A couple of rules. Make a ball on the break in your pocket and you continue shooting. Also, the finals is one race to 3.

For additional information you can contact John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards located at 12009 S. Pulaski Road in Alsip, Illinois, 60803, telephone number 708-388-3700. You must sign-up before 11:00 am. The first 30 players who are signed up and paid are in the tournament.

Last edited:

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
who is this guy wearing the blue shirt/bald that manages to play just good enough to win every match?

His first name is "Jose." He's from Indiana. He'll usually pop-up at Chris's Billiards. The Red Shoes "one pocket tournament" didn't have any killers in the line-up like Mark Jarvis and Ike Runnels. But it was filled with 30 formidable shortstops.

I'll get some more information about him and who won the cash in the tournament in a couple of days when I go to Red Shoes. Since Friday night I've been dealing with a severe cold, sore throat, runny nose, and headache.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
His first name is "Jose." He's from Indiana. He'll usually pop-up at Chris's Billiards. The Red Shoes "one pocket tournament" didn't have any killers in the line-up like Mark Jarvis and Ike Runnels. But it was filled with 30 formidable shortstops.

I'll get some more information about him and who won the cash in the tournament in a couple of days when I go to Red Shoes. Since Friday night I've been dealing with a severe cold, sore throat, runny nose, and headache.
Is he at Chris's frequently? I played a Jose a couple of times when I was there in September who played pretty good.

And I completely forgot to let you know when I was there J.R.!!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Is he at Chris's frequently? I played a Jose a couple of times when I was there in September who played pretty good.

And I completely forgot to let you know when I was there J.R.!!

Hey Matt.....no, Indiana Jose very seldom goes to Chris's...you played short Jose (goes to Chris's a lot) who plays 10-8 under Indiana Jose.

Be well bro, Ghost

Last edited:

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
The results of the 2/24/2024 Red Shoes "Iron Man" One Pocket Tournament had Sergio Perez winning multiple matches on the loser's side which allowed him to play for the championship (one race to 3) vs Indiana Jose (last name begins with the letter L). The tournament concluded with Sergio Perez winning the championship. Third place went to Neal Jacobs. Fourth place went to Mike Lullo. Fifth and sixth places (tie) went to Rick Coleman and John "Baby Ghost" Daminato.

Payouts
1. Sergio Perez $700
2. Indiana Jose L. $350
3. Neal Jacobs $250
4. Mike Lullo $150
5. Rick Coleman $100
6. John "Baby Ghost" Daminato $100

Grayback1973

Verified Member
Good to see Johnny D in the money! I've known him since the 90's when CueTime on Harlem was the place.

I wanted to play in this but got lazy and stopped checking the forum for the date.....just passed me by!