Oakland, CA. 3/28

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Ca Billiards in Fremont. Not too far, right down 880 & Stephenson. 23 miles & about 40 minutes. Call Chris Swart (510) 668-1670) & let him know you are coming. He might play cheap, or Melvin might be there. Bryce Avila or Hugo might be a little tough, and Billy Palmer is playing again.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Tom, I could meet you at Cal Billiards on 3/28 or 3/29 if you want to play a set or two, just let me know when you figure to be there. The only other nearby alternatives are Family in SF or Crown in San Ramon, both playing decent gold crowns.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Tom, I could meet you at Cal Billiards on 3/28 or 3/29 if you want to play a set or two, just let me know when you figure to be there. The only other nearby alternatives are Family in SF or Crown in San Ramon, both playing decent gold crowns.
Thats great Mike, I'll plan on meeting you in Fremont on the 28th. I'll confirm a day or two before.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Looking forward to it, Jim. I'll put in some time on the practice table so I can try and keep up with you. What time of day are you likely to arrive in Fremont?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Looking forward to it, Jim. I'll put in some time on the practice table so I can try and keep up with you. What time of day are you likely to arrive in Fremont?
Early afternoon. Hopefully the trip doesn’t cancel.
My game is all over the place. Take it easy on me, I’m old.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Being old is an asset playing one hole, so long as you can still get up from your chair, hold your cue reasonably steady and remember which hole is yours. And I'm probably older than you are anyway. I hope your gig comes through as I'm looking forward to tangling with you.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Being old is an asset playing one hole, so long as you can still get up from your chair, hold your cue reasonably steady and remember which hole is yours. And I'm probably older than you are anyway. I hope your gig comes through as I'm looking forward to tangling with you.
Just landed in Vegas and my messages telling me out Oakland trip canceled. I’m bummed. Sorry Mike, we would have had a great time

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Disappointed you won't make it up here next week. Next time! If they stop smoking at Buffalos, (not in my lifetime probably) I'll come back for one of their tournaments. Are you playing pool in Vegas?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I went to Griffs for a practice session. I met FreeMoney. We’re supposed to play Friday. Watched and chatted with Morra for a bit. Saw a few Detroit guys and Roman from Dallas.

Went to a new room Bangin Balls and played in a 9ball tournament. They have new Rasson OX tables there, hung up a bunch of balls. Nice room