Our Home Page / Current Events, Where are we?

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
In an effort to support and somewhat sponsor OP events, and not to want to put more of a load upon Cincy Kid of course, but I'd like to ask the question as to why our Home Page does not upgrade to current OP events, challenge or tournaments small or large! Larger events being more prominently displayed and smaller local type of OP events being lesser displayed in size or not, but displayed, nonetheless. I'd like to see OP.org being the place to go to for upcoming OP events, and thus appropriately displayed, and not just on our OP main forum.

For instance, Mark Griffin's US Open Flyer! That Flyer could be displayed on our Home Page! Of course, it would be the OP.org home page plus the OP main forum for comments, this would in fact give tournaments a place to advertise plus give us a sponsorship in their efforts to promote OP. For us sponsoring their efforts then for example as being a non-profit organization, we could have a OP.org banner displayed at their events. A first idea on my part, comments welcomed!
This is just off the top of my head thinking, so more input is very much welcomed!
thank you! Whitey

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
One of the things we really need is an author (or two or three) that has time to research and write these articles. If you look on AZB for example, on their home page, it is current with the latest tournament, info, news, etc. and I agree Whitey, we should have it too.

We can have the same thing here but we don't have the content (the articles). Most of the time, Steve writes up something about an event he attends and sends it to me and then I grab a photo or 2 from his photos he takes at the event and put them together to form the article for the website. I guess we can always use someone else's articles and re-publish them on our site but not sure how Steve feels about that and if it's even cool to do so. It's always nice when someone attends the event, so they can grab some original photos along with a nice re-cap.

I really don't have the time personally to stay on top of it daily/weekly to make sure the content is fresh but it would be nice to have. I have been planning to re-design the website again at some point but no matter what the design or layout is, the home page is always going to consist of current events and/or some sort of one pocket news I would assume, so keeping it fresh would be great!

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Respectfully, I do not think you are grasping the idea I am trying to portray. I simply, would like to see their Flyer, US OPEN on the Home Page. No articles. We will talk about the tournament on the OP. main forum as always, no article needed. Just portraying events on the home page so events are recognized more prominently vs. just being on our OP main forum of which they get diluted downwards.
Whitey

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Small change of subject, but I would like to see an Events page that is calibrated so that entries will be in chronological order of the events' beginnings, rather then in order of being posted.

Then, it should be easy to cycle onto the homepage the flyer for the next upcoming one pocket event. (I say "easy" of course, because I don't know shit and can't do shit, therefore, easy for someone else.) :D

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Respectfully, I do not think you are grasping the idea I am trying to portray. I simply, would like to see their Flyer, US OPEN on the Home Page. No articles. We will talk about the tournament on the OP. main forum as always, no article needed. Just portraying events on the home page so events are recognized more prominently vs. just being on our OP main forum of which they get diluted downwards.
Whitey
I got ya, but I think the articles are needed too. :)

Just added it to the home page news for starters.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Small change of subject, but I would like to see an Events page that is calibrated so that entries will be in chronological order of the events' beginnings, rather then in order of being posted.

Then, it should be easy to cycle onto the homepage the flyer for the next upcoming one pocket event. (I say "easy" of course, because I don't know shit and can't do shit, therefore, easy for someone else.) :D
We have that :)

It's not the events post in the forums which is indeed ordered based on when it was posted, but the main events link (on the top menu bar) gives you all the events in chronological order:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
We have that :)

It's not the events post in the forums which is indeed ordered based on when it was posted, but the main events link (on the top menu bar) gives you all the events in chronological order:

Woo hoo! That's what I call good service. Get what yu ask for before you ask. I sometimes tip when service is that good (but in this one case, I don't want to spoil you.)

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
In an effort to support and somewhat sponsor OP events, and not to want to put more of a load upon Cincy Kid of course, but I'd like to ask the question as to why our Home Page does not upgrade to current OP events, challenge or tournaments small or large! Larger events being more prominently displayed and smaller local type of OP events being lesser displayed in size or not, but displayed, nonetheless. I'd like to see OP.org being the place to go to for upcoming OP events, and thus appropriately displayed, and not just on our OP main forum.

For instance, Mark Griffin's US Open Flyer! That Flyer could be displayed on our Home Page! Of course, it would be the OP.org home page plus the OP main forum for comments, this would in fact give tournaments a place to advertise plus give us a sponsorship in their efforts to promote OP. For us sponsoring their efforts then for example as being a non-profit organization, we could have a OP.org banner displayed at their events. A first idea on my part, comments welcomed!
This is just off the top of my head thinking, so more input is very much welcomed!
thank you! Whitey
One thing we are not short of on this forum is know it alls. Ok guys time to shine. Write up and send in for the okey dokey. every week we can judge who wrote the best one, I know how much all of you like to win something, there ya go..