Something for you guys to try that may help.

B_White

I am cross eye dominant. I am right-handed but left eye dominant. I recently slightly opened up my stance to a more snooker style stance. I feel like I am seeing much better. For those of you cross eyed dominant you may want to give it a try to see if it helps. You are never too old to learn.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I am also cross eye dominant. Consistent cue ball delivery and mechanics have always been an issue. If you say never to old to learn I might have to try that!

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Does one necessarily have to be dominant in one or the other?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I am cross eye dominant. I am right-handed but left eye dominant. I recently slightly opened up my stance to a more snooker style stance. I feel like I am seeing much better. For those of you cross eyed dominant you may want to give it a try to see if it helps. You are never too old to learn.
it was recently suggested to me to try a more snooker type stance as it gave more clearance for my stroke on power shots
FWIW i too am cross eyed dominant

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I've been thinking about this and I have to question that concept. It seems to me that if you play right-handed but are left-eye dominant, closing the stance would do more to get your good eye over the line of your shot - not opening it. Can we get some comments here? (I endorsed the original post, too.)

Reactions: lll

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I've been thinking about this and I have to question that concept. It seems to me that if you play right-handed but are left-eye dominant, closing the stance would do more to get your good eye over the line of your shot - not opening it. Can we get some comments here? (I endorsed the original post, too.)
‘Good question
👍

beatle

Verified Member
if you try to aim with your dominant eye you will end up less accurate than if you use both eyes along your line of sight.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I'm RH-LE dominate, Since 80 I've employed an, 'Open stance' playing all cue games. Logically, in 3C a player needs to envision the, 'entire table view' to analyze/mentally see the 'ball lines/paths' on the table. Trying to apply 'Tunnel vision' sighting with the dominate eye for a long straight in might work. But, I think it limits the player's ability cut balls to the left or right respective of the DE.

P.S. I've always aimed with both eyes for every shot.

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Howdy All;

Lots of folks do a lot of surmising about Dominate eye and Vision Center.

Dr. Dave;

Cue Master Cue School;

and... a little something for those still, to this day, undecided;

just passin' some info along.

hank

Last edited: