St.Louie Louie vs Larry Hubbard

sharkem

From
St.Louis
Can you imagine...Playing 15 NO COUNT.
Larry and Louie played for $500 a game way back when at Affton Billiards in St.Louis and EACH won a game.
If you dont run all 15 balls...all pocketed balls are spotted !!

Mark the Shark

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
sharkem said:
Can you imagine...Playing 15 NO COUNT.
Larry and Louie played for $500 a game way back when at Affton Billiards in St.Louis and EACH won a game.
If you dont run all 15 balls...all pocketed balls are spotted !!

Mark the Shark
15, You must be talking about Straight Pool, right? I've heard of One Pocket where somebody played maybe up to 8 no-count, but 15?!

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
15, No Count, One Pocket.

15, No Count, One Pocket.

Mark is talking about One Pocket & he's correct. But I can also tell you that IF they were to have just played One Pocket for say $500 a game, I would have made a lot of cash betting on Larry.

TY & GL

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
OldHasBeen said:
Mark is talking about One Pocket & he's correct. But I can also tell you that IF they were to have just played One Pocket for say $500 a game, I would have made a lot of cash betting on Larry.

TY & GL
Even with players like that, wouldn't it take a while get all fifteen -- How long did it take them?

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
That Depends

That Depends

You asked ....Even with players like that, wouldn't it take a while get all fifteen -- How long did it take them?

If Louie was playing, not very long and you would see some of the greatest shot making you've ever seen. More Harrigan's than an Irish Pub.

If Larry was shooting you would have fallen asleep because every shot would have been easy and perfect to get to the next ball.

TY & GL

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
16 no count

16 no count

That's amazing!! Anyone know of the Jersy Red stories where he played 16 no count to an opponents 8 and ran out 4 times in a row? Now that's playing pool.

sharkem

From
St.Louis
oldhasbeen is correct

oldhasbeen is correct

hahaha...you are right Tom.....Louie wouldnt take long to pocket 15 in his hole.

And I agree Hubbard would get the cash in a long session of 1 pocket.

See you guys in Louisville on the 15th....hope my eyesight doesnt fail me !!

Mark