The DCC

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Here's my report on the tournament. I and many others had to wait 6 to 10 hours to find out when and who we played. There were no practice tables. It was extremely crowded. I am very discouraged at everything except my work, which went very well. After an exhausting day, I finally got to play One Pocket and lost. The loss wasn't such a big deal but I was so discouraged by the situation that I didn't even bye back in the second round. Scheduling was so messed up that they put my name in the draw for the second round anyway. Then they informed me that I forfeited. How is that possible? I give them a D- for the way the event was run.
There just is no excuse for not having all the matches begin on time. Mine do. I'm tired now of making excuses for Diamond and what should be the greatest tournament in the world. I have offered them my services. They're not interested nor will they help me in my endeavors in any way. So I am going to have to give serious consideration to disassociating myself from the DCC and Diamond Table Co. If they did hire me, all the matches would start on time and they could call the Bank Pool and One Pocket divisions World Championships because of the way I would do it.
The Bank Pool ring game was fabulous as was the One Pocket and Bank Pool HOF dinner. I highly recommend purchasing the DVD from Accu-stats of the ring game. If you weren't there, I won't spoil your fun by telling you what happened. I will state that it had the finest bank pool playing this correspondent has ever witnessed.
It was, as always, good to see old friends while there and to make new ones.
Thanks to my long suffering wife for all her help.

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Thank you, Professor!

Thank you, Professor!

Grady,
Thanks for the post. Always interested in your perspective on the things of pooldom.
You & Randi are much appreciated! (Hang in there!)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
They were reported to have a serious problem with their tournament draw software -- including people showing up in the draw that either had lost twice already or hadn't bought back. That really created a major problem for them. I think it was new software, so hopefully that issue will not come up again. I was bummed because I hate to miss the One Pocket finals, and I schedule my trip to include them, but they got pushed back one day (as did the bank finals, which ended up conflicting with our dinner). I am sure it didn't help the tournament flow that we held our HOF dinner in one of the tourney rooms, which pulled those tables out of circulation for about 6 hours, what with set up and break down. I hear next year they have our dinner slated for the Legends facility, which sounds real good to me.

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
The DCC

This was the first DCC that I was unable to attend ,I had been there since the beginning Having heard from other players of the problems with the draw and waiting time I am glad I didn't have to go through that again,over the years that has always been a source of annoyance. I am in hopes that somehow Grady can get involved and straighten out of this mess that has gone on much to long. I haven' t seen the payout for the events. Are the buy backs included in the payouts??????????? Good lord willing hope to be at the next DCC

Deeman

Verified Member
Grady,

As usual, you delivered in the session with Freddie and Danny. This was the bargain of the week for anyone who has a chance to attend a session with these three great players.

I, like you, can't stand the waiting and not knowing when you will play. It is like waiting for the electric chair as you show up and wait a whole day to play and then have to run to your table to make your match. I wish they would get you to help. I mean, software issues shutting dwon the draws, In 2009? Let's go back to paper....

DeeMan