The ultimate of a player's control of 3 balls!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
This is a match from 2019 in Porto, Spain, between Caudron and Tasdimer. The score is tied 15 all going to 40 points.
In the beginning if the 8th inning, Caudron, with complete control of all 3 balls runs 25 & out! Every shot hit to perfection!
The stroke, tempo,timing and speed are excellent!

Enjoy the ride.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Nothing like watching greatness. I would stop the video on each shot to see if I could figure it out. The shots he takes his time on, are the hardest. I loved that slow 3 rail draw shot with natural english, I believe it was shot 5 of the run. A few of them trick me up, like that one. It seems that going more rails when the ob is in a certain position is more beneficial than just going 3 rails for the cb can then miss it and double out of the corner and hit it. So often times he goes extra rails, but then again he would surprised me on a few by just going 3 rails.
I was wonder mr3c, isn't a run of 25 the same run that Hoppe had all those years ago, and that record stood for a long time.
thanks for putting this up! Whitey

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Hoppe's run was in an exhibition match, in which I believe in a 50 point game, he ran 10 or 11 and out and then kept shooting, and thus made a run of 25 in total. Either way, until records were kept more often in tournament play, especially in other countries, and, in official tournaments games, runs of 20 or more have been counted many times. What needs to be noted here is, since this was an official tournament game between these 2 teams to 40 points, and Caudron ran 25 & out, obviously the game ended. If it had been in a exhibition game or unsanctioned, he may have been able to continue to play, who knows how many points he may have added to the 25 run!