WWYD kanzzo's headache ball

baby huey

Verified Member
CrabcatJohn, you the man on this one. Simple excape. Also, you can play off the five and bring the cueball to about where the cueball is now. I also like Cincy's shot as well. Matter of preference.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I am going to move the 5 into the 14 and draw below the 10. the stack is kinda lose on both sides making it tough to stick any one in the stack without giving up a somthing and from the rail on the next shot I can slow kick under the 10

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
The above video I have not been able to open it up, but I right clicked on it and then open 'link in new window'.
In the video, I stroked it a little hard.
Yes, there is risk involve, to thin you scratch / to thick cb gets away, but for me it is just another OP shot that needs to be mastered to play this game at its highest level.
In kanzzo's set up it appears the ob is not frozen, so I set it that way, with the ob just off of the rail.

Slow the video down to get the full effect of the double kiss.

Guys, let me know if it opens for you or not. thanks!
Whitey
Absolutely great shot, The greatest shots of all to me are the ones where it looks like there is no escape and you step to the table and do this, and the opponent goes from loving pool, to hating pool in about 5 seconds. That can be worth a couple of balls at times.
This is a shot that with practice and the confidence you build, in this position, that you could make 90% of the time or more. imo I think the shot can be made even if the object ball is just outside the pocket , but the % may go down when it gets more touchy. Of course there are other factors, how much is the bet, does that worry you, etc.
In a tournament , or a really tough match , I want some of this to dish out , lol.
I still like my shot also, if you can get there comfortably, unfortunately I have a great table, but I just can't stroke a ball any more. Maybe Whitey or Kanzoo can take it to the table and see if it is worthwhile. Please.
I can see instances where both shots might have more merit, than the other .
It's always great to have options!
It's great when you turn one of your headache balls, into a Migraine for your opponent!

Last edited:
Reactions: lll

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Absolutely great shot, The greatest shots of all to me are the ones where it looks like there is no escape and you step to the table and do this, and the opponent goes from loving pool, to hating pool in about 5 seconds. That can be worth a couple of balls at times.
This is a shot that with practice and the confidence you build, in this position, that you could make 90% of the time or more. imo I think the shot can be made even if the object ball is just outside the pocket , but the % may go down when it gets more touchy. Of course there are other factors, how much is the bet, does that worry you, etc.
In a tournament , or a really tough match , I want some of this to dish out , lol.
I still like my shot also, if you can get there comfortably, unfortunately I have a great table, but I just can't stroke a ball any more. Maybe Whitey or Kanzoo can take it to the table and see if it is worthwhile. Please.
I can see instances where both shots might have more merit, than the other .
It's always great to have options!
It's great when you turn one of your headache balls, into a Migraine for your opponent!
A great shot, I had not thought of it like that, but the way you put it, it does do the job. For me, I enjoy slowing the video down and watch the physics at work, especially watching the cb fighting to run but the forces drags it to a stop.
I believe since kanzzo has the table layout he'll probably pull off your fine / popular shot for you!

I wish we could transfer some of this table majic to you so you can hit some balls.
Thanks for the compliments, take care!
Whitey

Chandler1968

Verified Member
From
Saint Louis
This was my usual response but it got me repeatedly in even more trouble. (My opponent finding a way to hide the cb behind the stack so that now he still has a ball in front of his pocket but now I dont even have a clear path to the 10)
After the kick, I believe he will play off the 9 to hide the 10 and then i could return escape off the 15 possibly with pace to move some balls.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Thats awesome kanzoo. It seems as if my shot is more sensitive than I had thought, Whiteys shot is extremely strong, and the most reproduceable .imo
I also like your shot, in some instances ,the specific problem I think, would be the 5 ball in between the 10 and the top rail in the corner , because thats probably where the cueball is headed next. If there are no blockers in that area, between the cue ball and 10 it's a very nice way to escape.
Thanks for going to the table with the shots and showing real time outcomes . You got rid of a headache ball, and have 3 ways to play it. I believe that is worth about 1/10 of a ball, at your level of play. It doesn't sound like much, but it is huge.

kanzzo

Verified Member
Thats awesome kanzoo. It seems as if my shot is more sensitive than I had thought, Whiteys shot is extremely strong, and the most reproduceable .imo
I also like your shot, in some instances ,the specific problem I think, would be the 5 ball in between the 10 and the top rail in the corner , because thats probably where the cueball is headed next. If there are no blockers in that area, between the cue ball and 10 it's a very nice way to escape.
Thanks for going to the table with the shots and showing real time outcomes . You got rid of a headache ball, and have 3 ways to play it. I believe that is worth about 1/10 of a ball, at your level of play. It doesn't sound like much, but it is huge.
Your shot was definitely much safer. No bad outcome (after 10 tries).

Whitey's shot looks nice if it works, but about 50% chance to hit OB too low (scratch) or too high (sell out).

The ball definitely gets better with practice and is safer, if a little further from the pocket.

Will practice it some more, but at the moment in a money match I prefer your shot 😅

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
A great shot, I had not thought of it like that, but the way you put it, it does do the job. For me, I enjoy slowing the video down and watch the physics at work, especially watching the cb fighting to run but the forces drags it to a stop.
I believe since kanzzo has the table layout he'll probably pull off your fine / popular shot for you!

I wish we could transfer some of this table majic to you so you can hit some balls.
Thanks for the compliments, take care!
Whitey
Thanks Whitey, I have had a couple of blessings happen recently . I am able to lie on my back and sleep in the bed and get some real rest for short periods , first time in many, many, years. I was also having a lot of trouble with my hip being twisted and it hurt all the time, It is now straight and no pain. I thank God every day for another chance to be well, and to enjoy my time with my beautiful wife and family, and be a positive in the world.
Thanks for the kind words my friend.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Thanks Whitey, I have had a couple of blessings happen recently . I am able to lie on my back and sleep in the bed and get some real rest for short periods , first time in many, many, years. I was also having a lot of trouble with my hip being twisted and it hurt all the time, It is now straight and no pain. I thank God every day for another chance to be well, and to enjoy my time with my beautiful wife and family, and be a positive in the world.
great news billy....:love:

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
Here is the video with 3 solutions:

just about every try at moving ball to your side left a bank to win if your going to try that you need to focus on getting the cue ball higher as if you leave a cross corner you have to assume the guy will shoot it and run out on you/ the double kiss you need to hide the balls on your side or the guy will move the balls away from your side and get a free move into the stack.
Just my thoughts on the results you where getting hope it helps.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Thanks for sharing your good news blessings, and may you continue to improve. God bless you and your family, take care friend!
Whitey

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If the OB is frozen, then the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th examples are fouls.
Once the CB touches a frozen ball then one of the two must contact a rail.

But I do like the other examples..:)