OnePocket.org Forums

OnePocket.org Forums (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php)
-   One Pocket Forum (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   One Pocket break shot (http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12548)

Bob Farr 01-10-2017 09:09 PM

One Pocket break shot
 
On a 7 ft and 8 ft table, where do you hit the rack for the break shot?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeff sparks 01-10-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Farr (Post 198616)
On a 7 ft and 8 ft table, where do you hit the rack for the break shot?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Try the kick break... Kick across the table just past the side pocket with medium speed high CB no English... Works pretty good on smaller tables...

u12armresl 01-10-2017 11:42 PM

You're new here Jeff, (JK) but if you mention side raid breaks, you have to mention me. I seem to be the only advocate and person who plays them in tournaments and matching up.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff sparks (Post 198619)
Try the kick break... Kick across the table just past the side pocket with medium speed high CB no English... Works pretty good on smaller tables...


u12armresl 01-10-2017 11:43 PM

The advantage of that break on a 7ft is that you wont ever scratch. Be sure to use 10 balls instead of 15 though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Farr (Post 198616)
On a 7 ft and 8 ft table, where do you hit the rack for the break shot?
Thanks in advance for your help.


poolisboring 01-11-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u12armresl (Post 198621)
You're new here Jeff, (JK) but if you mention side raid breaks, you have to mention me. I seem to be the only advocate and person who plays them in tournaments and matching up.

a bunch of guys from akron were doing that break--im familiar with it and i like it, but didnt know if its legal or not.......

poolisboring 01-11-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Farr (Post 198616)
On a 7 ft and 8 ft table, where do you hit the rack for the break shot?
Thanks in advance for your help.

check out the break i invented for a bar table --breaking a couple inches from the side, hit the 2nd ball full with center ball and fairly soft speed--i came up with this because i wasnt satisfied with the usual op break on a bar table....... works wonders........

lll 01-11-2017 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poolisboring (Post 198625)
a bunch of guys from akron were doing that break--im familiar with it and i like it, but didnt know if its legal or not.......

as long as a ball ANY BALL hits a rail its legal

rnewkirk 01-11-2017 01:36 PM

Ditto Billy and Mitch
 
One pocket on anything but 9' or 10' is uncivilized !:):p

Renegade_56 01-11-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lll (Post 198634)
as long as a ball ANY BALL hits a rail its legal

I believe that one ball OTHER THAN the cue ball must hit a rail.

Cueball only I believe is a foul.

Correct?

lll 01-11-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade_56 (Post 198669)
I believe that one ball OTHER THAN the cue ball must hit a rail.

Cueball only I believe is a foul.

Correct?

no
from the rules
...
2.2 The opening break begins with ball in hand behind the head string. On the break, the cue ball may contact either a cushion or any ball in the rack first, but in either case, after contacting at least one ball, an object ball must be pocketed, or the cue ball or at least one object ball must contact a rail, otherwise it is a one foul penalty. As long as a legal stroke is employed from behind the head string on the break, the incoming player must play the balls where they lie there are no re-racks for a pocket scratch or failure to contact a cushion or pocket a ball on the break.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.