OldHasBeen hits a big one

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
60?!

60?!

Tom, I'm so deeply sorry to hear about your 60th birthday... :( But wait, maybe we can start a "super-seniors" tour: 60 and up!! Don't go too wild tonight...

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Birthday

Birthday

60 doesn't sound bad when your looking at it from where I'm sitting. A super senior tour would be a good thing. I can still draw my ball so I guess I should be happy. Happy Birthday.

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Thanks to all........

Thanks to all........

I really appreciate all the well wishes.

This is turning out to be one of the funniest days of my life as I watch my entire family try to "Out Fox" The Fox.

You see - I KNOW there is an elaborate surprise birthday party planned for tonight (no leaks-just common sense) and the lengths that they all are going to (to throw me off track) are kinda funny.
What does kinda of get me is the fact that my wonderful wife of 25 years really doesn’t think I have a clue. I mean she knows me and should know that I notice EVERYTHING. She even knows not to talk when in a poolroom (with action) because I may overhear something going on 20 feet away that I can capitalize on.
But anyway - They have this plan for my Son to take me to this bar/restaurant that I have been wanting to go to with him. I know this is to get me out of the house so that when we return - SUPRISE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
Hell, my wife has been cleaning the house for 2 days now and that don't usually happen.
My Daughter is coming home from her college dorm (5 miles away) for the weekend.
Now I wouldn't spoil their plan for anything in the world and I have even been practicing my surprised look for tonight. If I can pull this off, I should win an academy award.
No one goes into my forum pages except me so I am safe in venting it here.
The only thing I can't figure out is how & where all the cars are going to park so I don't notice as we come home.
I guess that will be the real surprise and also the look on all their faces will tell me if I did pull it off or not.
Let you all know tomorrow.

TY & GL, OHB

100andout

Verified Member
From
FL/PA
Happy 60th OHB!......Did you get a Bushka or a Boti?

My wife surprised me on my 30th. The funny thing was she hid everyone in our bedroom to throw me off, and I walked in threw my shirt off, and had my pants unbuttoned walking down the hallway to the bedroom to get changed, and BAM, everyones in there all jammed in like sardines, and me 1/2 nekkid.... :D

I'm gonna be 40 this summer......wonder what she's gonna do?

Gerry

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
60th Birthday

60th Birthday

My 60th was a few years ago. Sharon & my friend Howard planned a surprise party for me at California Billiard Club in Mtn. View, CA. I had been promising to go down there & visit with Howard & he kept pressing me to come down this night, there was lot going on. I went to the track that day & won a little so I was planning on staying and playing the races from Australia that night. Something happened and they didn't show the races so I left decided to go on down to the pool room. The whole family was there along with many friends from the pool world. I was late & they thought I might not show up so they took a picture of the group with an empty chair with the eight ball on it. They had put together a little booklet of articles I had written for Cue Sports Journal when I helped with that publication and we all had a great time. They will never know how close I came to missing the party.

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
"Wow - What A Party"!

"Wow - What A Party"!

Even though I had figured it out - It was still a surprise.
The decorations, food and people that were there. One fellow (an ex-neighbor) flew in from Austin, TX and another couple flew in from Chicago.
It was the party of the year for neighbors, relatives & friends.
I can't believe what my wife & daughter were able to do to the house in just the 2½ hours that my son kept me away.
A great time was had by all. When it all was over (about 1:30 for us old farts), the party became a college party for my son & daughter. There was no way they were going to let all that food & booze go to waste.
The birthday cake was the neatest I've ever seen. A (homemade) pool table cake w/ balls & sticks and the "O" in Tom was an 8-ball that read "60". I have some great pics and will post them later.

Thanks To All - OHB

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
No pictures?????????

No pictures?????????

OldHasBeen said:
Even though I had figured it out - It was still a surprise.
The decorations, food and people that were there. One fellow (an ex-neighbor) flew in from Austin, TX and another couple flew in from Chicago.
It was the party of the year for neighbors, relatives & friends.
I can't believe what my wife & daughter were able to do to the house in just the 2½ hours that my son kept me away.
A great time was had by all. When it all was over (about 1:30 for us old farts), the party became a college party for my son & daughter. There was no way they were going to let all that food & booze go to waste.
The birthday cake was the neatest I've ever seen. A (homemade) pool table cake w/ balls & sticks and the "O" in Tom was an 8-ball that read "60". I have some great pics and will post them later.

Thanks To All - OHB
And you didn't even think enough of us to take a picture of the cake and post it. Boy, talk about living on a one way street.

Glad to hear it was a success. Again, belated happy birthday, Tom.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Downhill on the horizon

Downhill on the horizon

Happy Birthday, Tom,

Speaking from someone who just turned 65, I can only say it only gets worse from now on. Its just good that we had a life to start with.

the Beard

Bank on, brother!

OldHasBeen

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
Cake & Party Pics

Cake & Party Pics

hemicudas said:
And you didn't even think enough of us to take a picture of the cake and post it. Boy, talk about living on a one way street.

Glad to hear it was a success. Again, belated happy birthday, Tom.

Here is the Cake, Family & Daughter with Nieces.

Thanks, Tom