Cheating in One Pocket

James Nelson

Verified Member
The other day I was watching a match and one of the players moved a ball with his hand, when the guy shooting turned around to answer his friends question. I did'nt know them. Should I have said somthing? The shooter did not even notice it when he turned around to shot again. I seen cheating in nine ball, but one pocket. I guess anything to make a buck for some people.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
James Nelson said:
The other day I was watching a match and one of the players moved a ball with his hand, when the guy shooting turned around to answer his friends question. I did'nt know them. Should I have said somthing? The shooter did not even notice it when he turned around to shot again. I seen cheating in nine ball, but one pocket. I guess anything to make a buck for some people.

Probably not, the guy would probably deny it and it isn't really your business.
Also it is not a foul so the harm was probably miniscule. The opponent had the option to move it back only. Thats probably why he didn't notice.
Are you sure he knew he moved it? I have moved a ball w/o knowing it many times. If you think the guy is a scammer or hustling you might mention it after the match by inquiring if he trusted his opponent or if he even knew him and if that kind of information would help in the future.

James Nelson

Verified Member
suki said:
Probably not, the guy would probably deny it and it isn't really your business.
Also it is not a foul so the harm was probably miniscule. The opponent had the option to move it back only. Thats probably why he didn't notice.
Are you sure he knew he moved it? I have moved a ball w/o knowing it many times. If you think the guy is a scammer or hustling you might mention it after the match by inquiring if he trusted his opponent or if he even knew him and if that kind of information would help in the future.

No he picked the ball up and moved it not just a touch.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
come on man

come on man

James Nelson said:
No he picked the ball up and moved it not just a touch.

its embarassing to answer a post when you explain incorrectly. that is a whole different situation if he actually did it. what was the purpose, and how can the guy be sure he wouldn't be caught. Maybe he moved the ball and was putting it back when your head was turned.
You need to be more explicit in your description. but the answer is the same , it is none of your business during the game. Picking up a ball and moving it is beyond my comprehension if there is someone watching as you were.

r0ttie1

Verified Member
From
Phoenix
suki said:
its embarassing to answer a post when you explain incorrectly. that is a whole different situation if he actually did it. what was the purpose, and how can the guy be sure he wouldn't be caught. Maybe he moved the ball and was putting it back when your head was turned.
You need to be more explicit in your description. but the answer is the same , it is none of your business during the game. Picking up a ball and moving it is beyond my comprehension if there is someone watching as you were.
It's beyound my comprehension, people watching or not. My honesty has cost me many a game :cool:

titanic jerry

Verified Member
Cheating Yourself

Cheating Yourself

I Know This Is An Old Saying But With Age I Have FOUND It To Really Be True. If You Cheat At Anything You Forever Alter The Outcome And Therefore You Cheat Yourself As Much As Your Opponent.
Just Read A Thread Where A Guy Was Happy With His First 8 And Out. Had He Cheated He Would Still Not Have Attained His Goal.

Lets Face It Cheating Is Stupid And Only Idiots Do It.

Titanic Jerry

crawdaddio

Verified Member
From
Urbana, IL
titanic jerry said:
I Know This Is An Old Saying But With Age I Have FOUND It To Really Be True. If You Cheat At Anything You Forever Alter The Outcome And Therefore You Cheat Yourself As Much As Your Opponent.
Just Read A Thread Where A Guy Was Happy With His First 8 And Out. Had He Cheated He Would Still Not Have Attained His Goal.

Lets Face It Cheating Is Stupid And Only Idiots Do It.

Titanic Jerry

Wholeheartedly agreed. (period) :cool: