Ghost's Shot Choice #12

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
10,231
From
Ghosttown
Only a few will pay attn anyway. Everybody else will say they have been doing it for years. (Of course so far no one has suggested it. 20 minutes trying to get the diagram posted. No use. Clik on the link.)
The shot is to use a stun stroke, level cue, firm speed, 1/2 tip above center. The bank is a natural hanger. Cant make it, play straight pool instead. Almost full in the face, tiny cut to the left. The cue ball will move slowly thru the object ball, glance slightly off of the 5 ball, which opens up the four ball cluster slightly, with the cue ball caroming 6 to 8 inches forward and behind the open balls. This shot works from all nearly full ball angles.
Now before somebody jumps in and says the angle is dead straight on and cant be cut to the left at all, if that be the case, one tip of added left hand english will take care of that scenario, and everything will still work.
You do this and your oppo's bung hole will pucker up like it was laced with lemon.


Too risky? Anybody want to compare this to those 9 ft straight backs that the whole forum apparently likes to shoot?

Beard



Freddy this to me is very interesting if you're going to shoot any ball other than the 1 ball. I see another shot, banking the 11 ball and positioning the cue ball by the 4 ball, but I wouldn't shoot that shot from this position because of the value you get with the 1 ball choice.:sorry But then again maybe that's not your choice of possible options, waiting patiently..:confused:

Billy I.


- Ghost

PS, Freddy's shot is still to bank the 1 - but with his own method.



As I said/predicted.

- Gh:cool:st
 

SJDinPHX

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
Freddy, (and Ghoasty)

Fred,..Your advice and method, is sound, and I am sure many player's, at various skill levels.. will benefit from it... But as Bill says, most better players know it, and I, for one, don't feel the need to increase the difficulty of this particular shot, one iota.

Now, if you HAD to 'create' an angle, to graze the 5 ball, because the cluster was "tied up" (ie; not in your favor) then I would consider it...But that is not the case... This particular shot lays perfect, to simply bank the one in the hole, follow about halfway to the side rail, which gives you the perfect angle,
to gently break up the balls, when you shoot the 13 ball in your pocket.

Really not trying to nit-pick, but I am not going to touch that cluster at all, because nothing goes in my oppo's hole...The one ball IS missable, by even a top banker, on a tight table, and I want it hangin, in the jaws, if I miss it;) ;) ;)

Duckbrain <---Likes the "Keep It Simple Stupid" method, on his banks..(but then he only excelled at 'pocket speed banks')...:cool: :p
 

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,155
From
Detroit,Michigan
Only a few will pay attn anyway.
Everybody else will say they have been doing it for years.
(Of course so far no one has suggested it. 20 minutes trying
to get the diagram posted. No use. Clik on the link.)
The shot is to use a stun stroke, level cue, firm speed, 1/2 tip
above center. The bank is a natural hanger. Cant make it, play
straight pool instead. Almost full in the face, tiny cut to the left.
The cue ball will move slowly thru the object ball, glance slightly
off of the 5 ball, which opens up the four ball cluster slightly, with
the cue ball caroming 6 to 8 inches forward and behind the open balls.
This shot works from all nearly full ball angles.
Now before somebody jumps in and says the angle is dead straight
on and cant be cut to the left at all, if that be the case, one tip of
added left hand english will take care of that scenario, and
everything will still work.
You do this and your oppo's bung hole will pucker up
like it was laced with lemon.How do you suggest we confirm this event??:p

Too risky? Anybody want to compare this to those 9 ft straight backs
that the whole forum apparently likes to shoot?That's
the Bank Forum Fred with Mr. Rocket Stroke:eek:


Beard



Here are your tables Freddy. They are only "Greenshotted" pics, they can't be edited.

I added balls to show the score.

Fred's Shot.jpg

Fred's Shot 2.jpg
 

SJDinPHX

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
I just meant that if I had misread the op then I wasn't going back and rereading it at that point, that's all.

Cowboy "drinks a lot on 2nd day off in 21 days" Dennis

Dear Bar Rag Breath,

Obviously you were drunk...You do not have the cue ball where it was in the Ghoats OP...You have it in line with the 11 ball, when it should be in line with the center of the heart (in poolbz)...Let me inform you...Pool is a game of 'inches' ( and fractions of inches)...But, of course, I would not expect a drunk 'redneck slob' to know that...:p :p :p

(or are you just trying to make me look stupid ?..(and Freddy smart)... I DO NOT need your f-ing help at that)...:eek:

PS..You have been a bubble "OFF" plumb, your entire existence...:p
 
Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,155
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dear Bar Rag Breath,

Obviously you were drunk...You do not have the cue ball where it was in the Ghoats OP...You have it in line with the 11 ball, when it should be in line with the center of the heart (in poolbz)...Let me inform you...Pool is a game of 'inches' ( and fractions of inches)...But, of course, I would not expect a drunk 'redneck' to know that...:p :p

(or are you just trying to make me look stupid ?.. I DO NOT need your f-ing help at that)...:eek:

Dear Dummy,

I opened Fred's WEI tables and Greenshotted them, that's all. I didn't make them.

When I originally responded to Ghosty's layout I may have had one or ten:p but I'm working tonight as I did last night. Why don't you mind your own business, there's jerkoffs like you over in the Bank Forum. Why do you always hurt mine & Ghostys feelings? By the way, I'm going 4-0 this weekend:heh.

RBL
 

SJDinPHX

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
Dear Dummy,

I opened Fred's WEI tables and Greenshotted them, that's all. I didn't make them.

When I originally responded to Ghosty's layout I may have had one or ten:p but I'm working tonight as I did last night. Why don't you mind your own business, there's jerkoffs like you over in the Bank Forum. Why do you always hurt mine & Ghostys feelings? By the way, I'm going 4-0 this weekend:heh.

RBL

Why don't you "Greenshoot" yourself ???

If one of us goes 4-0 this weekend, lets have a "suicide pact"...YOU go first..:cool:...You have my word, I will shoot myself in the head immediatly after you are pronounced dead...:eek: :p
 
Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
11,155
From
Detroit,Michigan
Why don't you "Greenshoot" yourself ???

If one of us goes 4-0 this weekend, lets have a "suicide pact"...YOU go first..:cool:...You have my word, I will shoot myself in the head immediatly after you are pronounced dead...:eek: :p

The Oiler's game is getting ready to kickoff, gotta go:). Did Earl Campbell get healthy???

RBL
 

lll

Verified Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2007
Messages
20,782
From
vero beach fl
Only a few will pay attn anyway. Everybody else will say they have been doing it for years. (Of course so far no one has suggested it. 20 minutes trying to get the diagram posted. No use. Clik on the link.)
The shot is to use a stun stroke, level cue, firm speed, 1/2 tip above center. The bank is a natural hanger. Cant make it, play straight pool instead. Almost full in the face, tiny cut to the left. The cue ball will move slowly thru the object ball, glance slightly off of the 5 ball, which opens up the four ball cluster slightly, with the cue ball caroming 6 to 8 inches forward and behind the open balls. This shot works from all nearly full ball angles.
Now before somebody jumps in and says the angle is dead straight on and cant be cut to the left at all, if that be the case, one tip of added left hand english will take care of that scenario, and everything will still work.
You do this and your oppo's bung hole will pucker up like it was laced with lemon.


Too risky? Anybody want to compare this to those 9 ft straight backs that the whole forum apparently likes to shoot?

Beard


http://pool.bz/P/?@3ACGl2CBHe1DJdc3...LUvf3MAUG4PHty3QKnQ4kHty4kHtx3lKnQ3lCft4lFYw@

thanks for sharing freddy
some of us do pay attention
:)
 

NH Steve

Administrator
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
13,606
From
New Hampshire
I like that shot myself, and thank you for diagramming it Freddy... :D
post #6

Only a few will pay attn anyway. Everybody else will say they have been doing it for years. (Of course so far no one has suggested it. 20 minutes trying to get the diagram posted. No use. Clik on the link.)
The shot is to use a stun stroke, level cue, firm speed, 1/2 tip above center. The bank is a natural hanger. Cant make it, play straight pool instead. Almost full in the face, tiny cut to the left. The cue ball will move slowly thru the object ball, glance slightly off of the 5 ball, which opens up the four ball cluster slightly, with the cue ball caroming 6 to 8 inches forward and behind the open balls. This shot works from all nearly full ball angles.
Now before somebody jumps in and says the angle is dead straight on and cant be cut to the left at all, if that be the case, one tip of added left hand english will take care of that scenario, and everything will still work.
You do this and your oppo's bung hole will pucker up like it was laced with lemon.


Too risky? Anybody want to compare this to those 9 ft straight backs that the whole forum apparently likes to shoot?

Beard


http://pool.bz/P/?@3ACGl2CBHe1DJdc3...LUvf3MAUG4PHty3QKnQ4kHty4kHtx3lKnQ3lCft4lFYw@
 

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
10,231
From
Ghosttown
Dear Dummy,

I opened Fred's WEI tables and Greenshotted them, that's all. I didn't make them.

When I originally responded to Ghosty's layout I may have had one or ten but I'm working tonight as I did last night. Why don't you mind your own business, there's jerkoffs like you over in the Bank Forum.

My my, since I never go into the bank forum, I had no idea there was such unpleasantness going on over there :eek: that's terrible :eek: now for sure I wouldn't venture in there - cuz the Ghost is a kind, humble, turn-the-other-cheek kind of guy, and doesn't want to be around any name-calling, arguing or disrespectful behavior...:(

Why do you always hurt mine & Ghostys feelings?

Yeah Papie...why would you want to do that to a couple of sweethearts like me and Dennis?...:(

RBL


- Gh:Dsty


....
 

SJDinPHX

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
- Ghosty


....

My goal is not to hurt the delicate feelings of the mediocre 'rust belt' players, (ie; Ghoats, Beardo, and Denise etc.)...It is simply to try
and teach you, the error of your ways...:eek:..Trust me, if one pocket "skills" were involved ....I would easily "out move" a Gh:confused:ats, or a Beardo...Cowgirl Denise is a given !..:D

PS..If the good Lord would only let me be 70 again, I could demonstrate the obvious !.:p... Doctor Bill, is another story entirely, he knows how to win....He would probably ask for a ball...:eek:
 
Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
6,690
From
chicago illinois
Not the same angle I saw

Not the same angle I saw

Freddy, (and Ghoasty)

Fred,..Your advice and method, is sound, and I am sure many player's, at various skill levels.. will benefit from it... But as Bill says, most better players know it, and I, for one, don't feel the need to increase the difficulty of this particular shot, one iota.

Now, if you HAD to 'create' an angle, to graze the 5 ball, because the cluster was "tied up" (ie; not in your favor) then I would consider it...But that is not the case... This particular shot lays perfect, to simply bank the one in the hole, follow about halfway to the side rail, which gives you the perfect angle,
to gently break up the balls, when you shoot the 13 ball in your pocket.

Really not trying to nit-pick, but I am not going to touch that cluster at all, because nothing goes in my oppo's hole...The one ball IS missable, by even a top banker, on a tight table, and I want it hangin, in the jaws, if I miss it;) ;) ;)

Duckbrain <---Likes the "Keep It Simple Stupid" method, on his banks..(but then he only excelled at 'pocket speed banks')...:cool: :p

The way the Ghost's diagram looked to me was that a full hit, easy forward roll would not go, and the object ball would turn up short on the short rail unless you did some compensation to it, ie., speed or english. Plus, in the diagram if you visualize rolling the cue ball forward it looks like the cue ball will end up pretty good under the 13 ball, makeable but a pretty severe cut, at least a 1/4. Especially if you roll to the rail and out. Hitting that shot at an easy speed usually causes the object ball to "collapse" into the short rail, especially on newer cloth. A world champion pocket speed banker should already know all that.

Beard

Just looked at the Ghost's diagram again. That bank will not go, full hit, pocket speed follow, no english. Maybe I would have played you pocket speed banks.
 

SJDinPHX

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
The way the Ghost's diagram looked to me was that a full hit, easy forward roll would not go, and the object ball would turn up short on the short rail unless you did some compensation to it, ie., speed or english. Plus, in the diagram if you visualize rolling the cue ball forward it looks like the cue ball will end up pretty good under the 13 ball, makeable but a pretty severe cut, at least a 1/4. Especially if you roll to the rail and out. Hitting that shot at an easy speed usually causes the object ball to "collapse" into the short rail, especially on newer cloth. A world champion pocket speed banker should already know all that.

Beard

Just looked at the Ghost's diagram again. That bank will not go, full hit, pocket speed follow, no english. Maybe I would have played you pocket speed banks. ...I could only pray...but then you would REALLY be mad at me..:p

Freddy, you are over-analyizing the issue...Why are you are assuming I wouldn't use a touch of RH english (if needed)
That may be a moot point if the table is damp (or a Diamond)...Too much RH english may even cause you to miss it, by hitting the long rail first...It is visually (to me) a dead on bank, with perfect speed to get an easy shot on the 13..(easy for me, that is)...:p :cool: :p

PS..We could ask Ghoatsy, after all, he made the bank, didn't he ? Even though he shot too hard for shape because he was afraid of leaving a shot on the 12 ball.
 
Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
6,690
From
chicago illinois
Use stronger glasses please

Use stronger glasses please

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
The way the Ghost's diagram looked to me was that a full hit, easy forward roll would not go, and the object ball would turn up short on the short rail unless you did some compensation to it, ie., speed or english. Plus, in the diagram if you visualize rolling the cue ball forward it looks like the cue ball will end up pretty good under the 13 ball, makeable but a pretty severe cut, at least a 1/4. Especially if you roll to the rail and out. Hitting that shot at an easy speed usually causes the object ball to "collapse" into the short rail, especially on newer cloth. A world champion pocket speed banker should already know all that.

Beard

Just looked at the Ghost's diagram again. That bank will not go, full hit, pocket speed follow, no english. Maybe I would have played you pocket speed banks. ...

Freddy, you are over-analyizing the issue...Why are you are assuming I wouldn't use a touch of LH english (if needed)
That may be a moot point if the table is damp (or a Diamond)...Too much LH english may even cause you to miss it, by hitting the long rail first...It is visually (to me) a dead on bank, with perfect speed to get an easy shot on the 13..(easy for me, that is)

PS..We could ask Ghoatsy, after all, he made the bank, didn't he ? Even though he shot too hard for shape because he was afraid of leaving a shot on the 12 ball.

I enlarged the font to make it easy for you. :) I said the bank dont go, hitting it easy without adjustments -- and it doesnt. You debated my original shot choice citing KISS, keep it simple stupid. "Just following it forward would be an easier thing to do," rather than my stun shot. Very strong enlightening argument, except I knew all that when I was 3 years old.

If the shot was a natural roll shot then you would be right but that is not the case with the diagram Ghost posted. Put a ruler to that angle and you might even get Eric Holder to admit that it couldnt go without adjustments. And he wont admit to anything.

You also joined the "I been doing that for years" club. You club members must feel sorry for me, because you never seem to shoot that shot on me.:confused: (of course everybody knows what the shot involves, but few have the cahones to use it in a real game) Then you sneak your proviso in that you would use left hand english. Where did that come from? Never mentioned that before. And worse yet, you have it backwards, you would need right hand english to hold up the one ball! Jeez.:frus
 

SJDinPHX

Verified Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2007
Messages
9,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bentivegna
The way the Ghost's diagram looked to me was that a full hit, easy forward roll would not go, and the object ball would turn up short on the short rail unless you did some compensation to it, ie., speed or english. Plus, in the diagram if you visualize rolling the cue ball forward it looks like the cue ball will end up pretty good under the 13 ball, makeable but a pretty severe cut, at least a 1/4. Especially if you roll to the rail and out. Hitting that shot at an easy speed usually causes the object ball to "collapse" into the short rail, especially on newer cloth. A world champion pocket speed banker should already know all that.

Beard

Just looked at the Ghost's diagram again. That bank will not go, full hit, pocket speed follow, no english. Maybe I would have played you pocket speed banks. ...



I enlarged the font to make it easy for you. I said the bank dont go, hitting it easy without adjustments -- and it doesnt. You debated my original shot choice citing KISS, keep it simple stupid. "Just following it forward would be an easier thing to do," rather than my stun shot. Very strong enlightening argument, except I knew all that when I was 3 years old.

If the shot was a natural roll shot then you would be right but that is not the case with the diagram Ghost posted. Put a ruler to that angle and you might even get Eric Holder to admit that it couldnt go without adjustments. And he wont admit to anything.

You also joined the "I been doing that for years" club. You club members must feel sorry for me, because you never seem to shoot that shot on me.:confused: (of course everybody knows what the shot involves, but few have the cahones to use it in a real game) Then you sneak your proviso in that you would use left hand english. Where did that come from? Never mentioned that before. And worse yet, you have it backwards, you would need right hand english to hold up the one ball! Jeez...

Thank you for pointing out my using LH instead RH..I think you will give me credit for that typo, as I DO know how to "hold up" a bank...That is why I mentioned "too much english (RH) may even cause the one too hit the long rail...This f-ing "Greenshit" makes for a lot of visual errors (I even saw YOU make a few)...Now with that out of the way, please address the important topics. (I have also SHOUTED at you, so you could SEE better)..:rolleyes:

Freddy, you are over-analyizing the issue...Why are you are assuming I wouldn't use a touch of RH english (if needed)
That may be a moot point if the table is damp (or a Diamond)...Too much RH english may even cause you to miss it, by hitting the long rail first...It is visually (to me) a dead on bank, with perfect speed to get an easy shot on the 13..(easy for me, that is)...


PS..For your information, I am a CHARTER MEMBER of the, "I been doin' that for years Club" !!! :cool: :p :p
 
Top