This rule is from the DCC One Pocket rules

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
How are we to interpret this?......

"Trapping or Wedging the Cue Ball: It is a foul if you deliberately trap or wedge the cue ball in the jaw of the pocket. In addition to the foul penalty, your opponent receives cue ball in hand behind the head string."

I understand this prohibits the old move of pressing the ball into the pocket facing and holding it there for a second but it seems one could corner hook the oppo deliberately and with a legal shot and still be called with a foul for trapping the cue ball in the jaw.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

"Trapping or Wedging the Cue Ball: It is a foul if you deliberately trap or wedge the cue ball in the jaw of the pocket. In addition to the foul penalty, your opponent receives cue ball in hand behind the head string."

I understand this prohibits the old move of pressing the ball into the pocket facing and holding it there for a second but it seems one could corner hook the oppo deliberately and with a legal shot and still be called with a foul for trapping the cue ball in the jaw.

Not if it's a legal shot;
Rod.
P.S. Nice shot, take that.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Does this come up a lot in the games you match up in? You must play on really tight tables:D.

Dennis

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Not any more often than with your games, I'm sure. When I played in Flint, I did play on a very tight table. You should go up there some time. You might like it. The only regular that probably would know you is Dave Krenzel.

The reason I posted the original post is that I had read that rule while reading a link in a previous thread and thought it was ambiguous language. If you have noticed, there is a lot of ambiguous language in rule books. This is something that should never happen as it is fodder for the league players to change the game more than they already have.