Slow squeeze remedy....

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I am wondering how other decent-calibre players(or high-calibre) fight and remedy a SLOW SSLOW SLOW SQUEEZE player that commonly uses the stall, among other distraction techniques.

I set my pace slow, walked around slow, looked at EVERY available option SLOWLY and overall did pretty well, although I hit a few balls worse because of it. I did miss a spot shot, which in just over two weeks I am 296 out of 300 on(25 a day!!).

It obviously affected me, and Im even TYPING POORLY(guess I'll proofread),
Anyone have any reverse tactics or techniques?

Mike

Verified Member
Unless the guy's a mark or a regular payoff why even bother to play him. If it's as bad as you say it's obvious he's treating you with disrespect. There's a couple of guys on my don't play list for this and similar reasons. I've got nothing to prove by playing them and neither should you. I completely ignore them.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
Mike said:
Unless the guy's a mark or a regular payoff why even bother to play him. If it's as bad as you say it's obvious he's treating you with disrespect. There's a couple of guys on my don't play list for this and similar reasons. I've got nothing to prove by playing them and neither should you. I completely ignore them.

I agree with Mike.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Improvement....

Improvement....

Well, I decided to give him slow play in return. I walked slow. I looked at every shot 14 times. I even drank my coke slowly.
Played "Slow-Low'

Every time I had a ball by my hole, I slowly looked at every option, and slowly did my best. It threw my game a little, but it put him where he wanted me previously. I Think I played about 85-90 percent of my game, and broke even.

The highlight of the match was after he dogged a ball, and left me out, I stopped a few times whilst going 8 and out to take a sip of my coke and study the table. "He's putting me to sleep" He cried to another player. We ALL laughed about that one!!! He is the most notorious slow player in the area!!!

But after further thought, you two kind gentlemen that said simply don't play him, you are both correct. I actually did not feel right using this type of tactic, the only reason I did was to prove to him He wont beat me playing like that.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
Well, I decided to give him slow play in return. I walked slow. I looked at every shot 14 times. I even drank my coke slowly.
Played "Slow-Low'

Every time I had a ball by my hole, I slowly looked at every option, and slowly did my best. It threw my game a little, but it put him where he wanted me previously. I Think I played about 85-90 percent of my game, and broke even.

The highlight of the match was after he dogged a ball, and left me out, I stopped a few times whilst going 8 and out to take a sip of my coke and study the table. "He's putting me to sleep" He cried to another player. We ALL laughed about that one!!! He is the most notorious slow player in the area!!!

But after further thought, you two kind gentlemen that said simply don't play him, you are both correct. I actually did not feel right using this type of tactic, the only reason I did was to prove to him He wont beat me playing like that.
Is he a slow player or is he doing it intentinal the experence is good for you. BUt if playing someone elses style hurts your game then you should not play that way. You are playing to improve your game. And you should not play a aggrevation contest. But you did. And I would like to ask you. What did you learn from it. WAs it worth it?

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Just trying to improve...

He is both slow and also he makes a point to slow down when you are in a bad spot to make pressure worse for you. So since I played 9 Ball my whole life it was my goal to take this type of player and prove to myself I can find a way to beat him. I think that is important, to find WHAT beats WHO--And how to overcome What a player throws at you. I have never been like this, hustler, sharker, SMART, whatever, I just play my heart out and If I am good enough I will win, If I am not good enough I lose.

But I am trying to change that and learn how to deal with distractions, tactics, and better learn how to play according to the table position.

This man plays this way all the time, noone plays him because how slow and tight he plays, And I want to be the one that learns and takes his playing, and teach myself from it. I Played BECAUSE I play bad that way. I just want to improve. And after the hard work, I understand just a little better how much heart and patience it takes to be a champ. Or even better, a champion killer like Artie...
I have never been in an aggrevation contest, but it seems I did good with it!! I learned patience, and It was worth it. And it was worth it. To be behind our first session a week ago, and get back to even overall this time I know I improved. I want another opponent now... Are there any videos of you playing you know of? I have heard that your strategic game is among the best of all time Artie, and I would love to see If I could guess your shots as you play. JKH

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Is he a slow player or is he doing it intentinal the experence is good for you. BUt if playing someone elses style hurts your game then you should not play that way. You are playing to improve your game. And you should not play a aggrevation contest. But you did. And I would like to ask you. What did you learn from it. WAs it worth it?

Last edited:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member

He is both slow and also he makes a point to slow down when you are in a bad spot to make pressure worse for you. So since I played 9 Ball my whole life it was my goal to take this type of player and prove to myself I can find a way to beat him. I think that is important, to find WHAT beats WHO--And how to overcome What a player throws at you. I have never been like this, hustler, sharker, SMART, whatever, I just play my heart out and If I am good enough I will win, If I am not good enough I lose.

But I am trying to change that and learn how to deal with distractions, tactics, and better learn how to play according to the table position as opposed to firing at white flags.

This man plays this way all the time, noone plays him because how slow and tight he plays, And I want to be the one that learns and takes his playing, and teach myself from it. I Played BECAUSE I play bad that way. I just want to improve. And after the hard work, I understand just a little better how much heart and patience it takes to be a champ. Or even better, a champion killer lik you Artie. Are there any videos of you playing you know of?

Artie Bodendorfer said:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:

But I am trying to change that and learn how to deal with distractions, tactics, and better learn how to play according to the table position as opposed to firing at white flags.

This man plays this way all the time, noone plays him because how slow and tight he plays, And I want to be the one that learns and takes his playing, and teach myself from it. I Played BECAUSE I play bad that way. I just want to improve. And after the hard work, I understand just a little better how much heart and patience it takes to be a champ. Or even better, a champion killer lik you Artie. Are there any videos of you playing you know of?
I do not have no taps or Dvds but their are a lot of good DVDS and books and CDS that you can buy. Find the DVD that you need to help your game. And ITs about your game and if you playa sold game thats were your vocus should be on you playing youre game and doing the wright thing when you are at the table playing no one can do nothing at the table but you when its your turn. It does not matter what your opponent does. And I will tell you what to do to stop all that crap. You are not playing pool and you are not enjoying playing pool. SO I recomened you play other players. Because you are not learning anything but aggrevating each other its not a pool game. Its a aggrevation game. And if you play him again I suggest that you take a half houer to one houer on every shot. And either he will quite or he will start shooting quicker. And belive me he will comment and say why is it taking you so long. You tell him Its youre shot and it mite take you 3 houers to shoot and he will get the message. And YOu will wi becuse he will quite and he will not waite 4 houers for you to shoot each shot. And its not about the money. All you want to do is show him what its like to aggrevate someone. If you want to go through all of that.But I would say find a player you enjoy playing with and that you have fun with and that you can learn from. Make it quality time. Its entertainment while you are learning. OR play by yourself and practice shooting booth players shoots. And practice on shots you have trouble executing. I will give you a quick story. About Ronnie Allen and everyone knowes he was a shark champion. And if I would have played him I would have stoped all the sharking. And if he tried to shark me I would have steped back and sat down. And I would have told him if he tries to shark me I will seet down for a half houer and next time he does it I will waite one houer. And I would have put the money up in a freez out with a real tough caracter. And if he quites he will lose the freeze out and all that crap would have stoped. And If you are with the wright people nobody will give you a problem. And Ronnie would have quite sharking. BUt its like everything else you have to no what to do to stop all the crap. And if you no you are doing the wright thing then you shouldnt let some one take advantage of you. Thats why I would have never played Ronnie unless he would have played a freeze out. And Bugs said Ronnie would have throwen the towel in and quite the freeze out. BUt dont let anyone pull some creepy stuff to shark you or up set you or out stall you.Play pool and enjoy yourself dont let someone pull their cap on you. And especialy dont let them get away with thier crap. You can ask me any quistion and I will give you my opinion. And I have a winning opinion. Or you can ask these people for what Dvds to buy. And Freddy the beard has great books and DVDS and if it is something in particular you arte looking for ask Freddy and he will recomend Grady or Billy or Buddy hall or whoever has a good book or DVD on the subject. OR ask your qouistion on onepocket . Org. I hope ypu become a champion. ANd become the player you want to be. Good Luck. PLay and practiece are two of the biggest keys to learning.