efren/varner

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I would shoot the 14 off the 7 ball like someone suggested.. The problem with the 4 railer is you are hoping to loosen something to your side right? well what if you loosen a ball over to your side rail..your opponent might have a good bank on it and send the cue ball up table where the 3 ball is blocking any scratch...

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would shoot the 14 off the 7 ball like someone suggested.. The problem with the 4 railer is you are hoping to loosen something to your side right? well what if you loosen a ball over to your side rail..your opponent might have a good bank on it and send the cue ball up table where the 3 ball is blocking any scratch...

I like every thing you said, you bring up some very interesting and valid points especially the one where you mentioned the possibility of leaving a return shot off the ..four rail option.;) I like the carom off the 7ball and sticking the cue ball in the stack, too many good things can happen for you to pass on this option.

Dr. Bill

keoneyo

Verified Member
Opinion

Opinion

I think the 4 railer is what I call playing ABC one pocket. A shot used against most regular club players and worse. You can sure make money or gain winning by playing these type of shots. Eventually breaking down their game by making no mistakes and playing the odds.
However in competing against the top 1% you have to come with the kind of shot Efren did and others have suggested. Caroming off a ball and sticking whitey to the stack requires a lot more thought, experience, and skill.
Excelling in these shots is imperative in beating top players. I only can admire from the rail and keep practicing them.
Thank you, especially lll, for posting these.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
]
I would play the in-off billiard with the two stripes nearest to the pocket. Unoperro says he would follow, but I think I would draw. I'm not certain that Efren could make this shot, but I have no doubt that unoperro and I could make it. :D:eek:

I have no doubt I can make it .
You would shoot it with draw, so I doubt you can make it!

Draw would be the correct hit from the angle shown.
If you follow the 1st ball draws and goes higher. :eek:
Good eye Vapros
Rod.
P.S. Cut it thinner and follow would be good.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I think the 4 railer is what I call playing ABC one pocket. A shot used against most regular club players and worse. You can sure make money or gain winning by playing these type of shots. Eventually breaking down their game by making no mistakes and playing the odds.
However in competing against the top 1% you have to come with the kind of shot Efren did and others have suggested. Caroming off a ball and sticking whitey to the stack requires a lot more thought, experience, and skill.
Excelling in these shots is imperative in beating top players. I only can admire from the rail and keep practicing them.
Thank you, especially lll, for posting these.

Thanks for the WWYD Larry!

Nice call, guys.
thanks guys for the kind words...:eek:
most of the wwyd i put up
is either a shot
i or the commentators didnt see
or a shot with a good teaching principles
keyoneo said
"I only can admire from the rail and keep practicing them."
thats why regardless of your skill level its good to know what the top players would play
and practice so you can shoot it too...:)
but its also great to hear from the lesser players whats reasonable for the rest of us that aren't pros..:D