Red shoes ??

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
With all them Kentucky boys that are supposed to going, I suspect there wont be any Chicago players in the top 5. :lol I was told Truman, Brumback and a couple others were on their way up there.

Stirring here in Kentucky, and wished I was up there. :frus

Ken

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Dont know....

Dont know....

....yet about first.What I do know is their lucky Freddie had a flat tire in Milwaukee or he woulda moidered em.Or at least made them very fearful like when the Stones had to follow James Brown in 64 on ready,steady go......cheers men,James

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Congratulations John! Looks like you been watching the DVD of how to bank by that one guy.... oh, what's his name? Blameback or something??? They have a thread going over there to try and name his DVD.

That is very strong to go into the banking mecca (not that they got anything on your neck of the woods:)) and come away with 2 brumBACK to brumBACK wins:D

I think you are ready for the Derby.. keep practicing though.

Damn, it's just coming up so quick.. grrr...:(

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I played

I played

....yet about first.What I do know is their lucky Freddie had a flat tire in Milwaukee or he woulda moidered em.Or at least made them very fearful like when the Stones had to follow James Brown in 64 on ready,steady go......cheers men,James

I played. Eleven straight hours with no breaks, no meals. Won four lost two. Ran out of gas at 12:30 AM. Coulda won my last match but I scratched off 6 balls in the last rack. Most of them were miracle scratches. Even tho i couldnt make anything further than 3 feet away, all my oppos learned how strong defense could be. Unless I missed an easy shot, I left my oppos zero to shoot at. Zero. Felt good to play that hard for that long.

Beard

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Two winners then.....

Two winners then.....

.....in my book.JB and Freddie.Well done my friends,shows how its done when champions step up.One young and handsome and one.........make that 2 handsome caTS DABBIN IT,CHEERS and salutations,James

John Brumback

Verified Member
Thanks

Thanks

It was my lucky Onepocket.org shirt that I wore for like 24 hrs.haha
Freddie tortured one of my good buddys that went with us.Fred said the guy should have just slit his own throat,It would have been much less painfull.That's what Fred told after the match.:eek: :lol John B.

hitnandpikn

Verified Member
I'm Back!

I'm Back!

Freddy who got you and did you get? It would be neat if John Lavin could post brackets, I think most would find them interesting. Any updates on your buddy Jet and his cancer battle? Thanks and good shooting!

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Posting Saturday's brackets might not be possible. I will be going into work tonight, maybe they are still on the board. If they are, I'll ask Dennis Walsh to take a picture of them and put them on-line (he's got one of them fancy phones with a camera).

4Point

From
Bartlett, Illinois
Freddie,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you on Saturday! I can't tell you all how much fun I had playing in my 1st bank tournament with all them thoroughbreds...I learned more in a day than what I've gathered in the last calendar year. Great room, good people & a solid tournament put on by John - you can count me in for any & all future bank throw downs! P.S. Freddie, I will see you at the HOF induction dinner down at Derby - I appreciate the insight in to just how much fun that night can be...you as an MC? Come on, price of admission is nothing compared to the stories that we're going to be blessed with!

-Dave from Bartlett

SJDinPHX

Suspended
It was my lucky Onepocket.org shirt that I wore for like 24 hrs.haha
Freddie tortured one of my good buddys that went with us.Fred said the guy should have just slit his own throat,It would have been much less painfull.That's what Fred told after the match. John B.

John, old beer buddy, congrats on another win :p...Hope you bought all the calcutta halves you could..Maybe you should ask John L... to jack up the entry fee...Looks like you're headed into the DCC in pretty good form..:)

Mr Lavin, just kidding about the entry fee..Looks to me, like you run a great pool room, and try to keep a lot of good events going on...
If I lived there (and could still play a lick)..I'm sure that would be my hangout... Hats off to you, sir..:p

Sand Duck <---( a very close personal friend of the Ghroast, and the Beardmonster)

PS.. I must ask, JB...Was your good buddy, who lost to Freddy, a Vietnam vet ? Was he a 'para', or a 'quadraphelegic' ?. Its a shame, that even our wounded warrior's are not safe around a Beard or a Ghroast.... ( JK JK JK JK JK..:D)

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What he was....

What he was....

...was a very serious hard playing sumbitch who never gave up at any point even tho I provided him zero air for the whole match. I beat him 23 to 6 but he never altered his pace or concentration. The few times I did leave him a shot he made it. He impressed me because the match was never in doubt at any point. I played my best defensive match against him. If it was me enduring what he had to, I would have scrambled the balls and left at the halfway point.

Beard

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
...was a very serious hard playing sumbitch who never gave up at any point even tho I provided him zero air for the whole match. I beat him 23 to 6 but he never altered his pace or concentration. The few times I did leave him a shot he made it. He impressed me because the match was never in doubt at any point. I played my best defensive match against him. If it was me enduring what he had to, I would have scrambled the balls and left at the halfway point.

Beard

Sounds like a Vietnam Vet to me.

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Beard

OK Fred, you made your point... Now I am very jealous of you...Eleven hours straight !!!...I am now maxed out at about 11 minutes..:(...
(no joke)..It must feel good to be in such great [sic] condition that, that you can still compete, at some level of your former self.

Seriously though, even when I was young and healthy, (Truman administration ;))... I hated tournaments...I could gamble for 2-3 days. (on the natch)...But to stay upright for 12-14 hours, in a tourney, (while playing for maybe 2 hours, or less), by the time my next match came up... I was either too drunk to play, or forfeited because I was at the nearest bar, making my move on the barmaid. (and usually got shot down there too)

Now,...flash forward to a guy pushing 80, (and its pushing back :eek:)..I would give up a major organ, to be able to compete in the smallest of tournaments..."Ain't it funny, how time slips awaaaay"...:rolleyes:

QuarterDuck

PS..It has been covered by every artist, from Elvis to Sinatra, to Faron Young...It was written by Willie..I like his version...give a listen..:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSxFiM41u8s&feature=related[/ame]

Heres another version by the "killer".[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiktW722pc&feature=related[/ame].

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
OK Fred, you made your point... Now I am very jealous of you...Eleven hours straight !!!...I am now maxed out at about 11 minutes..:(...
(no joke)..It must feel good to be in such great condition that, that you can still compete, at some level of your former self.

Seriously though, even when I was young and healthy, (Truman administration ;))... I hated tournaments...I could gamble for 2-3 days. (on the natch)...But to stay upright for 12-14 hours, in a tourney, (while playing for maybe 2 hours, or less), by the time my next match came up... I was either too drunk to play, or forfeited because I was at the nearest bar, making my move on the barmaid. (and usually got shot down there too)

Now,...flash forward to a guy pushing 80, (and its pushing back :eek:)..I would give up a major organ, to be able to compete in the smallest of tournaments..."Ain't it funny, how time slips awaaaay"..

QuarterDuck

PS..It has been covered by every artist, from Elvis to Sinatra, to Faron Young...It was written by Willie..I like his version...give a listen..:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSxFiM41u8s&feature=related

Heres another version by the "killer".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbiktW722pc&feature=related.

You can be sure I gave it a listen. Only trouble is once I got there I had to listen to Billy Walker do it and then Faron Young, George Jones, Brooke Benton, Ricky Nelson and several others, but my favorite version was still Elvis. Favorite female. Uh Brenda Lee I guess. Thanks for that one. Don't fret too much about your body, SuperDuck. Just make Jesus your Lord and Saviour (I'm sure you have) and we will be getting nice new bodies real soon, overhauled like you wouldn't believe.........:) Congrats to Big Bad John B and Freddy The Beard...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
QuarterDuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSxFiM41u8s&feature=related

Now all of a sudden it's O.K. to like Willie? You so crazy, I know you love the night life, are you drowning in a whiskey river? Soon you'll be on the road again and you'll have that perfect opportunity to cry.

Remember what Willie sang once:

After carefully considering the whole situation

And I stand with my back to the wall

Walkin' is better than running away

And crawling ain't no good at all

Cowboy "forgot more about Willie than you'll ever know" Dennis