The book "Racking Secrets" by Joe Tucker

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Qlympics

Qlympics

Bill, I don't have the book, but I'm wondering if you're going to drive down for the Qlympics in Louisville for the one-hole in early November?

Doc

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Bill, Charlie Bond included it in his book The Great Break Shot. Send me an address to ricksgp@gulftel.com and I'll shoot ya off one. Here is a copy paste from a review in Dec '05 P&B:

"An entire book dedicated to the Break Shot? Yes, kinda. The GREAT Break Shot by Charley Bond focuses on what has become the most important shot in 9-Ball and arguably in all other games as well. Charley Bond is also the inventor of the BreakRAK, the only device that will allow you to efficiently practice your break shot stroke & he includes instructions for use of the BreakRAK, in the book.

He also includes the rare, out of print, "Racking Secrets", by Joe Tucker, which takes up 50 pages of this book. Charley Bond's insights on Tucker's aiming system, on stance, position of upper & lower arm, the bridge, rhythm, break cues, the soft break, the break box, bad racks, aiming & power, create a thorough look at the subject.

Different games require different break shots, of course, & the balls go in different directions with different techniques. The rack, the number of balls in the rack, the power, & the contact point point also determine where Whitey goes. Charley Bond usefully diagrams & analyses all this.There's a lot to learn about this vital shot & no one's game is complete until they understand what's going to happen & how to influence what's happening to your advantage. If you take the Break Shot seriously, this is your book"

Later, Pel

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
gulfportdoc said:
Bill, I don't have the book, but I'm wondering if you're going to drive down for the Qlympics in Louisville for the one-hole in early November?

Doc
Yes, since I am only about an hour and a half away, I will surely drive down there a time or two during the Qlympics. Hope to meet you if you are going to be there. The first beer is on me.:)

BillPorter

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks! But I have finally gotten a copy.

Thanks! But I have finally gotten a copy.

Pelican said:
Bill, Charlie Bond included it in his book The Great Break Shot. Send me an address to ricksgp@gulftel.com and I'll shoot ya off one.

Hey, thanks much for the offer, but I did finally get a copy of that book (The Great Break Shot).