Last Ball

onepocketchump

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
This one, I really was not sure which corners Artie wanted the 1-ball and the cue ball in. The difficulty might depend on how deep the pocket shelf is, too -- sometimes the shelves are too deep to go rail first if the ball is really tucked in the corner of the shelf. Player A to shoot??

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2AcId4PVll3Qchs4RdGs2qQtF&ZZ2rHOFObejt_ball_deep_in_the_corner_pocket_same_side_were_the_one_ball_is._And_cue_ball_froze_on_the_bootom_rail_on_the_opposite_side_off_the_table.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

I would probably take a foul here and get another ball in play. Cliff taught me it's ok to go backwards if you are the stronger player.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Here's another of Artie's -- pretty similar to what I set up earlier, except the balls are more parallel. Player A to shoot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AVMl1PVMj3Qchs4RdGs2qQtF&ZZ2rHOFCue_ball_froze_on_the_end_rail_a_cue_ball_distance_away_from_the_corner_pocket._And_the_object_ball_by_youre_opponents_pocket_on_the_same_side_off_the_table._A_cue_ball_distance_away_from_the_pocket._&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

This is the kind of removal shot that I said CTE helps me to do consistently. Prior to learning CTE I would sell out this shot a lot by hitting it badly.

(Disclaimer for the flamers: ANY good solid method of aiming can be substituted for CTE)

This one is probably the toughest of the shots so far to defend against in my opinion (hanging ball corner hooked CB excepted)

However with CTE it's manageable with some consistency to remove it and not sell out. FOR ME PERSONALLY. Without CTE - again for me personally - I am likely to dog it and only get safe by accident.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Here's another of Artie's, if I have it right. Again, player A to shoot.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4Abit1Pbqm3Qchs4RdGs2qQtF&ZZ2rHOFObject_ball_froze_by_your_opponents_pocket._a_quater_dimond_away._And_the_cue_ball_same_position_as_the_object_ball_on_the_other_end_off_the_table.&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

This shot is a fairly easy reverse kick to bank the object ball to my side towards the side pocket. Because of where the balls are laying it's almost impossible to kick it one rail and get deep enough behind the one to send it up table for a high percentage bank. Almost always you will hit the one so that it banks toward the other side, sometimes landing near the side pocket and sometimes heading toward the corner pocket. A little practice with this shows this clearly.

I will be happy to demonstrate any of these shots in real life using the overhead camera.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
This shot is a fairly easy reverse kick to bank the object ball to my side towards the side pocket. Because of where the balls are laying it's almost impossible to kick it one rail and get deep enough behind the one to send it up table for a high percentage bank. Almost always you will hit the one so that it banks toward the other side, sometimes landing near the side pocket and sometimes heading toward the corner pocket. A little practice with this shows this clearly.

I will be happy to demonstrate any of these shots in real life using the overhead camera.

THe one ball closer too the pocket and a little off the rail.

And the cue ball on the end rail frozze and close too the corner pocket. But thanks for butting up this shot.

Its realy no bargain either. But on the end rail close too the corner. so he cant kick behind the one ball.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
This is the kind of removal shot that I said CTE helps me to do consistently. Prior to learning CTE I would sell out this shot a lot by hitting it badly.

(Disclaimer for the flamers: ANY good solid method of aiming can be substituted for CTE)

This one is probably the toughest of the shots so far to defend against in my opinion (hanging ball corner hooked CB excepted)

However with CTE it's manageable with some consistency to remove it and not sell out. FOR ME PERSONALLY. Without CTE - again for me personally - I am likely to dog it and only get safe by accident.

This is a tough one and if both balls are closer to the pocket its even harder. But I would not like too be in this position.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
Great shot if you can leave it like that. However the way I see it is that with one ball on the table it's unlikely that the previous ball positions would ever be in a position to try to leave this for the incoming player without a bigger risk of selling out a lag to the pocket.[/QUOTE

Cue ball on the bottom rail by the first dimond. And the one ball on the other side off the pocket deep in the pocket.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I know you used to play one handed, and according to Freddy, never lost. I have played some one handed one ball one pocket and maybe we can play that too and I get 6/5 on the $$. That will be two games we have and maybe three IF we play a partners game.

I am going to play in the one pocket tournament at the Riviera and will be in town for a few extra days, so we will work out something.

What did Paul Newman tell Minasota Fats You talk my kind off talk Eddie.

What is the other game Thier were 3 games I think I mentioned.

And you came up with this one. Is the other game the last ball at 6 to 5 two handed.

Or the even one pocket game at my place. Just so I no what you are looking too do.

And were would you like too play these games if we play.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

And you came up with this one. Is the other game the last ball at 6 to 5 two handed.

Or the even one pocket game at my place. Just so I no what you are looking too do.

And I apolagize for not replying sooner. I just jump around too much on her. And I miss a lot off posts.

Some people might think I am avoiding them. But thats never the case. I just dont stick too one post. I jump around and reply too what I find enteresting.

Do you no what kind off shape Billy is in. Is he in any condition even too play pool.

I dont want too agrevate him. If he is not feeling well. Because He gets a little bit excited because I am so persestent.

And I no the worst torcher he has been through in the lasy 40 years. Is having too watch me play pool. He gets over excited when he has me for a parner.

John I just cant shoot a shot because my partner wants me too shot it. Because I dont think I can make it.

Why should I shoot it. But if we play the partner game. We might have to have the paramedicks thier. And not for you.

onepocketchump

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
This is a tough one and if both balls are closer to the pocket its even harder. But I would not like too be in this position.

I like this thread because it gives me some good things to work on. The layouts you left are all tough spots to be in and not shots that came to me right off as ones I should be thinking of when considering the OP's question.

Regarding the one with the two balls frozen to the same rail I just took it to the table and found that the closer to the pocket it is the easier it was to remove and not sell out. When the object ball was farther up the rail getting closer to the first diamond it became harder to not sell out a decent shot or bank.

I found that kicking the ball out when it was down by the pocket was the most consistent choice.

I was able to thin hit it to the end rail several times without a double kiss and without selling out but this was inconsistent.

When the ball got down very close to the pocket I could also play the kick bank and got it over on my side close to my pocket several times. Trying that shot is an almost all-in proposition though as it's easy to miss the object ball altogether.

However, with the aiming system I could pretty much hit the ball the same way each time once I figured out the initial sighting line for each result I wanted.

Thank you for providing the shots.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
onepocketchump said:
I like this thread because it gives me some good things to work on. The layouts you left are all tough spots to be in and not shots that came to me right off as ones I should be thinking of when considering the OP's question.

Regarding the one with the two balls frozen to the same rail I just took it to the table and found that the closer to the pocket it is the easier it was to remove and not sell out. When the object ball was farther up the rail getting closer to the first diamond it became harder to not sell out a decent shot or bank.

I found that kicking the ball out when it was down by the pocket was the most consistent choice.

I was able to thin hit it to the end rail several times without a double kiss and without selling out but this was inconsistent.

When the ball got down very close to the pocket I could also play the kick bank and got it over on my side close to my pocket several times. Trying that shot is an almost all-in proposition though as it's easy to miss the object ball altogether.

However, with the aiming system I could pretty much hit the ball the same way each time once I figured out the initial sighting line for each result I wanted.

Thank you for providing the shots.

You have some Idea now you can set up youre own shots that would be hard too play safe and just keep learning. The more we learn the more we grow..

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

John you didnt tell me yet what games we are goingb too play yet. If we get started you wont have to go back too Califoria you have spent enogh off yor life thier. Las Vegas will lite up your life.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

John do you think I would give you odds on the money when you out shoot me. And you have been playing one handed and two handed. And you offerd me 6 to 5 two handed.

Why would I shot yiou odds one the one handed game when I havant played one handed in 30 years.

I asket two qouistions. Number one Were do you start the game with the las ball. And were are we going too play. If we play at my house its more comftrable and we have food and water.

And we dont have too pay time. And the cant throw us off the table for a tousnement game. And I no the conditions are way better her. But those are they two qoustions,

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Artie Bodendorfer said:
THe one ball closer too the pocket and a little off the rail.

And the cue ball on the end rail frozze and close too the corner pocket. But thanks for butting up this shot.

Its realy no bargain either. But on the end rail close too the corner. so he cant kick behind the one ball.
I've shifted the balls a little -- more like this, it sounds like?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AbSH1PXAk3Qchs4RdGs2qQtF&ZZ2rHOF[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NH Steve said:

should be easy:) :D (on the weii:rolleyes: )
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AbbE1PWSi3Qchs4RdGs4UbbE3UaMh1kWSi2kbUs4kTpn4kYGG1kXnU1kXfa2qQtF&ZZ2rHNy&ZZ@4AbbE1PWSi3Qchs4RdGs4UbbE3UaMh1kWSi2kbUs4kTpn4kYGG1kXnU1kXfa2qQtF&ZZ2rHNy&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:

yes thats a harde shot especialy ifthe 1 ball id off the rail just a little bite and the cue ball even closer yoo too table.