1p I.Q. test question 1

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Sometimes Rich gets in a gear he is just out of this world. He gave John Schmidt a terrible time.(they broke even). On home turf he is just so comfortable. But he has tortured enough of the regs that he doesnt always have the rail on his side. The best matches are when Wayne and he match up. Some of the best games Ive ever seen.
If you were at Hardtimes LA. Why didnt you stop in? It would be good to see you.

Im spreading my money around:D

After all the threads from Wayne I was going to send him a pm and ask for a game next trip to LA. Of all the times I have been to HOB I've only seen Wayne there once. Look forward to changing up the routine.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Lenny,

Are you saying that if you make a ball on the break you rebreak? I never heard of that but you also say you keep shooting if you make a ball on the break.:confused:

Dennis

There is no rerack if you make one. It is still your shot and you can keep shooting. However, the pick comes only AFTER you complete your inning.

Beard

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
There is no rerack if you make one. It is still your shot and you can keep shooting. However, the pick comes only AFTER you complete your inning.

Beard

Depends on the pic, that has to be part of the negotiations. Sometimes the other guy gets the pic, sometimes you do. It's a prop game and anything goes in a prop game.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
This lock art artist stuff is a bunch of crap. At 5 to 20 a game it's just a practice session. Rich gave me 10/7 and I got a whooping. No I don't think Rich is a lock artist, I played like crap. I would like that same spot again and see if I play better.

I just got a whooping at Hardtimes. I need to start playing better, maybe it's a lack of oxygen. Someone is always going to have an edge.

My god, it's only 20 a game. Peoples needs to let this shit go. Lou, take a deep breath, chill out, and practice up. I'll be in St. Louis in July

Rich a lock artist? If you need weight, Rich will give it. He plays nearly anyone even. It's his wife you have to look out for, she doesn't know fear and doesn't miss.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Rich a lock artist? If you need weight, Rich will give it. He plays nearly anyone even. It's his wife you have to look out for, she doesn't know fear and doesn't miss.

Shorter than Pagulayan but got that heart of a lion.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

OMG, don't start anything. I never said Rich or Wayne, or anyone else in LA was a lock artist. Well maybe Santos:eek: I only played him once though.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
OMG, don't start anything. I never said Rich or Wayne, or anyone else in LA was a lock artist. Well maybe Santos:eek: I only played him once though.

There is a dead nuts lock artist at HOB but I'm not mentioning any names. It's not anyone listed but who wears sunglasses in a dark room?:eek:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
There is a dead nuts lock artist at HOB but I'm not mentioning any names. It's not anyone listed but who wears sunglasses in a dark room?:eek:

I've played him several times. The one time in my life when I ran three balls he quite me:sorry

Wayne

Verified Member
Im spreading my money around:D

After all the threads from Wayne I was going to send him a pm and ask for a game next trip to LA. Of all the times I have been to HOB I've only seen Wayne there once. Look forward to changing up the routine.

Sure we can play. If you figure 10-7 is a fair spot from Rich then I would offer to play you the same way. Rich and I have played even for years with him having a little the better of it. However, I cannot risk offering you 10-7 for fear of being called a lock artist nit again by honest Lou. So I will have to offer you 11-7.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Sure we can play. If you figure 10-7 is a fair spot from Rich then I would offer to play you the same way. Rich and I have played even for years with him having a little the better of it. However, I cannot risk offering you 10-7 for fear of being called a lock artist nit again by honest Lou. So I will have to offer you 11-7.

You have a lot of nerve insulting me like that:rolleyes: I'll take 12/7 because I'm a lock artist and you love to out run the nuts:lol

All that joking aside, I'll pm you next trip.

Jim

Wayne

Verified Member

Funny story about Danny Shades (at least I think it is funny). Before I started playing pool around 1994 my daughter got me to go into a poolhall and I ran into Danny. My daughter (who knew him from his business selling tickets) told him I could play a bit (from some social pool I had played prior). Danny asked if I would like to play a race to 7 for $20 9 ball. I said I would but he would have to explain to me how 9 ball worked because I have never played it or seen it played (the truth). So we played and he explained it and i beat him 7-5. We played a 2nd set and i beat him again. He was convinced I was a hustler. He thought my daughter had set him up.

20 years later and we have never played each other again but we are good friends.

He can be tough action but he will step up and play just about anyone until he finds out he is the underdog.

keoneyo

Verified Member

I would say Shades is a Survivor. He is old school. Coming from the old Hollywood Billiards days and always has his money in play. He has given up a lot of weight in order to get games.
For example he gives a reg 5 balls (11 to 6) where 10 to 7 would be the fair game. He has lost a lots of times and went away with a light bankroll. He will play anyone who comes in once. Never is afraid to gamble. Has played for $300/$400 a game.
But he's not stupid. He wants to win. So as any good game maker does is tries to get the edge.
He told me "the pilot guy plays good, better than me". I cant beat him".
I would say he is a "Good Fisherman".
And if youre the fish youre in trouble.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Lenny,

Are you saying that if you make a ball on the break you rebreak? I never heard of that but you also say you keep shooting if you make a ball on the break.:confused:

Dennis
It is usually discussed beforehand, I have played it both ways that I keep shooting if I make a ball and it is a re-rack if I make a ball.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Lenny,

Dennis

It is usually discussed beforehand, I have played it both ways that I keep shooting if I make a ball and it is a re-rack if I make a ball.

Lenny,

You can play gaff games any way you want but if anyone ever told you that it's proper to re-break if you make a ball on the break, well, you've been told wrong.

You wouldn't re-break in a normal 1P game and you shouldn't in the "hit & a pick" game either. That's part of the risk in giving the game to someone.

P.S. Did the Duck talk you into this???:D

Dennis