Hard Times One Pocket Monthly tournament

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Another great turnout for our First of the Month Jamboree One Pocket tournament.

38 Players including Rafael Martinez, Billy Palmer, Frank 'thebaby' Nordmann, Trevor Smith, John Henderson, Chris MacDonald, Ed Ames, The Williams Family, Jason, Marshall and young gun Jared.

38 x $20 + $300 added = $1060

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
SactownTom said:
Another great turnout for our First of the Month Jamboree One Pocket tournament.

38 Players including Rafael Martinez, Billy Palmer, Frank 'thebaby' Nordmann, Trevor Smith, John Henderson, Chris MacDonald, Ed Ames, The Williams Family, Jason, Marshall and young gun Jared.

Is it a handicapped tourney or just open?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
I believe it's open, Lenny. Otherwise they'd probably have even more players. Tom can confirm when he reads the post.

Doc

It is an open tournament Doc and draws from the Bay Area - San Francisco to San Jose, and as far as Reno, NV., the other direction.

It is a race to two, double elimination, and I got knocked out around 7 pm. I left but suspect it lasted at least til 1 pm with 38 players. Looked like Rafael Martinez and Billy Palmer were still in the winners bracket along with Chris MacDonald and a couple more when I left. Almost everyone in the tournament is dangerous in a race to two

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Hard Times Billiards April Jamboree One Pocket Results

Hard Times Billiards April Jamboree One Pocket Results

38 players OPEN tournament
The longest running Monthly One Pocket Tournament in the USA

1st $300 Billy Palmer
2nd $200 Rafael Martinez (Split)
3rd $130 Tom Butler
4th $100 Marshall Williams
5th (tie) $60 Robert Aldana Frank Nordmann JR.
7th (tie) $45 Mike DeWeese Chris MacDonald
9th (tie) $30 Jason Williams Melvin McKay James Williams Pat McLeod

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's a strong leader board, Tom! I see though that the guys are basically playing for the competition and bragging rights. If the entry fees were raised, do you think that fewer guys would play?

Doc

Last edited by a moderator:

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Sorry, when I went to reply to your post I hit edit accidentally.

The entry fee has been $20 for as long as anyone remembers.
The Added changed a few years ago. Last year the one pocket summer events were $500 added and the 9 ball events were $700.

I don't think a $5 raise in entry fees would cause much stir, but remember, pool players love consistency. Changes are scary.

gulfportdoc said:
That's a strong leader board, Tom! I see though that the guys are basically playing for the competition and bragging rights. If the entry fees were raised, do you think that fewer guys would play?

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SactownTom said:

I didn't play in the 9 ball Sunday but heard they had 90+ players. I'll bet Tom was there til the wee hours of the morning on this one.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
The most HTB has ever had is 64 players for the monthly.
This has happened 3 times in the last 5½ years (since I've been working here)

Yesterday's count was only 50 and it was over at 1am.

Rafael Martinez 1st, Richard Pierce 2nd, George Michaels 3rd

jrhendy said:
I didn't play in the 9 ball Sunday but heard they had 90+ players. I'll bet Tom was there til the wee hours of the morning on this one.

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
I think he turns 60 or 61 this year. I know he is younger than me and just a kid compared to John Henderson...

gulfportdoc said:
I see Michaels can still dab it! He's no kid anymore either!

Doc