A Gentle Suggestion … Listen Up You Jaspers!

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
One of the sweetest components of onepocket.org is the sponsorship -- to various tourneys -- of selected forum members. Deserving members.

How about -- just for a change? -- taking a fresh look at the eligibility process?

Specifically, I’m thinking of sending (gasp!) a girl. Further specificity ... Clare. Or JAM. Or perhaps someone I’m not so familiar with.

Not to play, not to felt-compete.

But to be the eyes and ears of this forum. To report from a fresh perspective. To interact in a unique way with the players, spectators, sponsors, streamers, commentators.

To describe, in that particularly singular way women would bring to this particular platform, the world of pool as seen from a distaff POV.

Now ... have I done the barest of barest research into the subject? Have I asked Clare and JAM if either one had the slightest interest in participating?

Of course not! Why let reality impinge?

But … still ... it might be coolio!

Girl-Power is my life,

Sunny

P. S. Before the legions start howling that I’m self-lobbying for this plummy assignment … ‘If selected, I shall not travel. If elected, I shall not … whatever!’

P. S. And puleeze, don’t bring up that Robin Williams trope ‘If women ruled the world, we wouldn’t have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days.’

Thank you for not regurgitating that one!

JAM

Verified Member
Hi, Sunnyone! You're so thoughtful to include me in this great idea. :)

I am unable to travel because of a new position I have taken for work, as I just started a salaried job this month, but I would love to follow your pool journey or Clare's.

Sadly, there's an air of discrimination of women on pool forums, in case you haven't noticed. No matter what you write, post, say, there will be male counterparts who will discount your words and feel as though you should not post in their threads unless invited. Some of them are locked in the past when pool rooms had signs that said "No Women Allowed." I guess they feel the same way about pool forums. Who knows! :(

The only thing I have to say is Freddy the Beard is 100-percent right, and that's all I'm going to mention on the topic. ;)

Best regards to you. Hope we meet someday! :cool:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hi, Sunnyone! You're so thoughtful to include me in this great idea. :)

I am unable to travel because of a new position I have taken for work, as I just started a salaried job this month, but I would love to follow your pool journey or Clare's.

Sadly, there's an air of discrimination of women on pool forums, in case you haven't noticed. No matter what you write, post, say, there will be male counterparts who will discount your words and feel as though you should not post in their threads unless invited. Some of them are locked in the past when pool rooms had signs that said "No Women Allowed." I guess they feel the same way about pool forums. Who knows! :(

The only thing I have to say is Freddy the Beard is 100-percent right, and that's all I'm going to mention on the topic. ;)

Best regards to you. Hope we meet someday! :cool:

Right about what? It is so seldom that I am deemed right about anything on this forum that you have aroused my curiosity. Or were you just being sarcastic?

Beard

JAM

Verified Member
Right about what? It is so seldom that I am deemed right about anything on this forum that you have aroused my curiosity. Or were you just being sarcastic?

Beard

Twas truly meant as a compliment, Freddy. No sarcasm from me. I salute your astute observations of human behavior. You're right on! :cool:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Right about what? It is so seldom that I am deemed right about anything on this forum that you have aroused my curiosity. Or were you just being sarcastic? ,<--Your skepticism, of her sincerety, is "well founded" ! :p

Beard

Jam said:
Twas truly meant as a compliment, Freddy. No sarcasm from me. I salute your astute observations of human behavior. You're right on! <--Sorry Jen,..Your observation, is completely "unfounded" ! :p

Dear Fred, AKA Beard,....Lets drop the 'cloak and dagger' sh*t, even Joe Biden knows who we are addressing..(and he is dumber than Cowboy Denise !)

Let me clarify Jen's post for you.. She was referring to MOI, when she said you were a "good judge" of human behavior !...I can certainly understand why you were confused ! :eek:

I shall only say, we had a bit of a tiff, over on the "AZCJWILEY" forum yesterday,...Which, if I may, I should like to explain, in greater detail tomorrow, on the Member's Forum ! My intent, is NOT to belittle or embarass her..But to point out how easy it is, to mis-construe, the most harmless written word...(As you seem to be an EXPERT at, Beardo !)

She did graciously, and humbly, apologize to me, when I carefully explained how she was 'dead wrong', in our heated exchange. So I 'think' all is fine with us now !...I do think it may have 'stung' a little, so she was looking for a strong shoulder to cry on..Naturally, she chose you, because she knew you and I have had some minor [sic] past differences, and she knew you would NEVER apologize, for ANYTHING..even if Mose's came down from the mountain, and threatened you with your life..! :rolleyes:...Note; "tongue in cheek", sarcastic remark ! (but it does have some merit !) LARFMO !

So..tomorrow, look for for the, "Men are from Mars, Women are PM-ish !" thread, in the MO forum..I promise you, if you care to read it..It is a F-ing RIOT, to watch it unfold..Plus it contains a few good stories, about past relationships, long before Jen and Keith were an item... (and yes Alfie, I will 'keep it nice') ;)

SuperDuck <--Will include verifiable witnesses, as some of the principles are now departed..I know that is a big thing, with SOME died-in-the wool, "SS" people ! :cool:

PS..This rebutal, may not have come about, had someone (you) NOT cast needless aspersions, re; the "Jimmy" question I asked Dr. Bill (which he politely answered) in his thread about Rempe and Fusco ! (do we need a link ?)...And, as for your other 'barb', Yes, I do know Luther "Gimpy" Lassiter's nickname !

Last edited:

JAM

Verified Member
Dear Fred, AKA Beard,....Lets drop the 'cloak and dagger' sh*t, even Joe Biden knows who we are addressing..(and he is dumber than Cowboy Denise !)

Let me clarify Jen's post for you...

The mother that I grew up with (I was adopted) passed away in the mid '80s. My daughter was 14 years old at the time and hell on wheels. She and I got along like two wildcats. It was a difficult time in our relationship. :(

The night my mother passed away, my daughter called me up and said she was going to stay out all night at her girlfriend's house. I demanded she come home right now. I had to deal with all the funeral stuff, and I wasn't going for her staying out all night, giving me something else to worry about. :mad:

I told her on the phone, in no uncertain terms, "You get home right now. Right now!" She hung up on me. :frus

The next day, I was a flood of emotions, and here comes my 14-year-old brat pulling up to the house in a cab about noon. She proceeds to walk up to the front door chomping down on a Burger King whopper, as if she didn't have a care in the world. Meanwhile, I was up all night long, worried, pissed, upset. I couldn't contain myself seeing her demeanor the day after her grandmother (my mother) passed away. :eek:

I marched outside and met her halfway up the sideway and smacked that Big Whopper right out of her hand onto the ground. Well, this made her angry. The two of us were in fighting positions, getting ready to lunge. :(

My daughter got the jump on me, grabbed me by my ponytail and knocked me to the ground. She started swinging. I found myself in a precarious position. I wanted to fight back, but I couldn't. After all, this was my sweet baby daughter. I didn't want to scar up her face and cause permanent injuries to her. Fortunately, a relative inside my house came running out to break it up, so no damage was done, other than my ego.

I feel about you, Dick, the same way I did about my daughter. No matter what words spew from your fingertips, I can't, and won't, take a swing at you. Read into it what you want. :p

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Hi Jennie,
I remember those days very well. The difficulties with your daughter created such heartache for you during that period. I'm so glad she made a 180% turn around. I've no doubt your talents as a mother had a lot to do with her transformation. I would like to think that Keith had a hand in her change as well. She needed an adult males influence in her life and maybe Keith came along at just the right time.

Be well and say Hi to Keith for me,

Tom

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Sounds like you want a True Professional network announcer to work with our ''color guy''. They would, if the pay scale was there....
Someone needs to talk to Joe Rogan....

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I feel about you, Dick, the same way I did about my daughter. No matter what words spew from your fingertips, I can't, and won't, take a swing at you. Read into it what you want. :p

Jen,

Pretty heavy stuff..I'm not sure what I read into it ?..I do know, that in my present condition, you could easily whip me, with one hand tied behind your back...so please, lets not fight ! :eek:

Having raised 3 boys and a girl, by my first wife, and 2 more boys, (from 8 and 5yrs.) by my second wife...I certainly can relate, to every
facet of child rearing..Drugs, Jail, DUI's at 15 etc.. AND that was just the GIRL !..The boys were a lot worse !..(JK, somewhat!)....But as Tom Hanks once said... "Theres no crying in Baseball" !!!

I was going to put up a few posts today, that I'm SURE everyone on this forum would find amusing..! (except maybe for one person:eek:).. I have decided against that, because I know it might only serve to create further awkward feelings..I don't need that, and neither do you..If anyone is interested in pursuing our 'minor tiff' let them go over to "AZCJWILEY" and find it !..:cool:

Speaking of AZ, that place has become a nightmare to navigate..Mr. Wiley, has cleverly found a way, to circumvent the "aiming system forum"...His 'media blitz' (for his 'TOI' DVD) has taken over the entire main forum..He has become a "Justin Beiber" type idol, to all the 'Tweener, Bangers on that site (I'd guess thats about 95% of the member's)... He seems to be posting, about 22 hrs. a day..regardless of subject..sup wi' dat ?..:confused:...More power to him, but I see he is starting to piss off some of the 'Heavyweights' over there (ie. Justin (TAR) and Mark Griffin, to name a few)..as he has now taken to (ugh) 'Bragging' and challenging everyone in the pool world, from SVB, Orcullo and Alex, on down. (But, Justin has made it clear...it won't be on TAR.) :rolleyes:

I know he WAS a big factor, in the pool world, at one time...But, he is not getting any younger, and I fear he may be headed for a 'Bill Stroud' experience ! (sorry Bill) :eek:...Some of these young guys, can REALLY play..(even without 'TOI')..:eek:

I believe I saw you supporting CJ, when you could get a post in edgewise..He needs that Jen, his fan club does not have very many knowledgable poster's on his team any more, and he's losing them fast..:p...I fully expect the mod's on AZ, to shut down some of his thread's, at any time ! Then our little tiff will be lost in cyber space Jen...Shame huh ?..;)

Take care,

SuperDuck <---Former Heavyweight Champion of the World ! (circa 1918)

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I read thru most of that thread after you mentioned it yesterday. I skipped over some of them but pretty much read all of yours, Lou's, Jams, CJ, and JB, and found it very enjoyable. How do some people have the time or energy to post so much? And how can he circumambulate the rules. It has to be an aiming system. You have to aim your tip at the cue ball to put a toi on it. Jcin claims CJ wanted payment to appear on stream when they were getting started. CJ denies it. Mentioned something about a girl. If I thought he would attract an audience, I would put him in the cage in a minute. It's not like having to deal with the Earl madness. All you guys make some good points. I even agree with JB on lots of stuff. But I agree mostly with you. However in re to practicing, many believe strongly in that. Even some of the older heads like Nick Varner. He practiced relentlessly. Many people play for small stakes as a form of practice, but I think SVB takes the title for staying on the table. Anyway, that was some good writing. I'm a fast reader if nothing else...

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Twas truly meant as a compliment, Freddy. No sarcasm from me. I salute your astute observations of human behavior. You're right on! :cool:

I browsed the thread on AZ. Now I know what you are talking about. Got a big kick out of the fact that your guy Keith, didnt know who the C...m J....r was.:lol

(As an aside, the other day there was a Christian missionary that was tending to some children in some obscure African village. One of the kids asked the missionary, "Hey, how is the Beard playing these days?")

Beard

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I read thru most of that thread after you mentioned it yesterday. I skipped over some of them but pretty much read all of yours, Lou's, Jams, CJ, and JB, and found it very enjoyable. How do some people have the time or energy to post so much? And how can he circumambulate the rules. It has to be an aiming system. You have to aim your tip at the cue ball to put a toi on it. Jcin claims CJ wanted payment to appear on stream when they were getting started. CJ denies it. Mentioned something about a girl. If I thought he would attract an audience, I would put him in the cage in a minute. It's not like having to deal with the Earl madness. All you guys make some good points. I even agree with JB on lots of stuff. But I agree mostly with you. However in re to practicing, many believe strongly in that. Even some of the older heads like Nick Varner. He practiced relentlessly. Many people play for small stakes as a form of practice, but I think SVB takes the title for staying on the table. Anyway, that was some good writing. I'm a fast reader if nothing else...

It's completely and totally absurd what he's getting away with but apparently he's got "top cover" over there from the powers that be. (I've gotten several PMs with people kevetching about what he's allowed to get away with and a couple of folks have sent me a link to a video of him playing recently in which he repeatedly fails to get out with BIH on a bar table.)

But, it's all working out. He's gotten himself so wrapped around the axle lately, promoting himself ad nauseum and picking fights with everyone to include Mark and Justin, that he's doing more damage to himself now than what someone else might do. (Also, having John Barton in your corner constantly rooting for you isn't exactly the kind of ringing endorsement anybody in their right mind would want.) So, it was actually kinda nice this morning to just sit back and read the self-inflicted carnage from last night and early today :)

Lou Figueroa

Jimmy B

Verified Member
It's completely and totally absurd what he's getting away with but apparently he's got "top cover" over there from the powers that be. (I've gotten several PMs with people kevetching about what he's allowed to get away with and a couple of folks have sent me a link to a video of him playing recently in which he repeatedly fails to get out with BIH on a bar table.)

But, it's all working out. He's gotten himself so wrapped around the axle lately, promoting himself ad nauseum and picking fights with everyone to include Mark and Justin, that he's doing more damage to himself now than what someone else might do. (Also, having John Barton in your corner constantly rooting for you isn't exactly the kind of ringing endorsement anybody in their right mind would want.) So, it was actually kinda nice this morning to just sit back and read the self-inflicted carnage from last night and early today :)

Lou Figueroa

I hear you there Big Lou. I noticed CJ has just joined this site as well. So we will stay tuned. Check your local listings. And batten down the hatches.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Lou Figueroa

In Other words;
The beauty of it all, like sunnyone might say. Your light shines brightly thru your actions on a keyboard, much like an unknown Player setting their bridge hand on the table and 'SwinginIt'. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Specifically, I’m thinking of sending (gasp!) a girl. Further specificity ... Clare. Or JAM. Or perhaps someone I’m not so familiar with.

Not to play, not to felt-compete.

But to be the eyes and ears of this forum. To report from a fresh perspective. To interact in a unique way with the players, spectators, sponsors, streamers, commentators.

Of course not! Why let reality impinge?

But … still ... it might be coolio!

Girl-Power is my life,

Sunny

Dear sunnyone,

Broads belong in the kitchen, the laundry room or the bedroom. Get real. Nobody here would admit it but they don't want you to talk.

I don't have permission to speak for Clare but I'll take a stab at her thoughts anyway (then I'll e-mail her my post).

It's my opinion that Clare might think; "Why would I want to be around a bunch of lowlife, no-job, con-artist, online-poker-playing, broke-dick, alcoholic, drug-abusing, thieving, dumping, "need a woman to support them", have nothing when they're older, poolplaying imbeciles?"

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention, Clare probably wouldn't be caught dead anywhere near a pool tournament or a poolplayer.

Of course, I could be wrong. Been known to happen from time to time.

RBL

tylerdurden

Verified Member

Lou Figueroa

In general though, would you say the marketing and selling of his product is going well? I bet so; I really have no idea though is the truth. They say there is no bad publicity though. It is quite effective dollar wise.... your advertising dollars are spent only with his time on that forum, he gets TONS of exposure, and it is all free essentially. Even assuming the system is a total pile of crap (which i personally am inclined to think, even though I haven't read up on it lol), marketing buzz like that would prove fruitful no doubt. I don't know... without getting too negative, I started that "who is making a living in one pocket thread", and the answer seems to be nobody. Now there is a guy who may be making a bundle from a John Barton backed system. It kinda makes me want to throw up, but such is life. I am actually happy in that it is good to see somebody make some income from pool.

I went over there, I could not read two posts of that stuff. Really. I did watch a TOI video he has up on youtube though. The only reference I like to bring up here is when Schmidt beat him 10 ahead 9 ball in 39 minutes. lol.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I browsed the thread on AZ. Now I know what you are talking about. Got a big kick out of the fact that your guy Keith, didnt know who the C...m J....r was.:lol

(As an aside, the other day there was a Christian missionary that was tending to some children in some obscure African village. One of the kids asked the missionary, "Hey, how is the Beard playing these days?")

Beard

For your viewing pleasure, this post is continued in the M.O....Under the title,,"Men are from Mars, and Women (and nosey old "SS" guy's) Are P.M.-ish" !!!---(That's 'PRE-MENSTRUAL-ISH !) :p

Last edited: