How long is your cue? Mine is 64 inches long.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
I just had a new shaft made for my phillippi cue. It is 59.5 inches long total, however i have a 4 1/2 inch extension in the butt when i unscrew my butt extension the total cue is 64 inches long. I am 6 ft 3 with a long wing span, i almost never need a bridge with this setup. I am very coimfortable playing with the longer shaft. Lots of the fillipino players use longer shafts.
BJ

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Big Jim said:
I just had a new shaft made for my phillippi cue. It is 59.5 inches long total, however i have a 4 1/2 inch extension in the butt when i unscrew my butt extension the total cue is 64 inches long. I am 6 ft 3 with a long wing span, i almost never need a bridge with this setup. I am very coimfortable playing with the longer shaft. Lots of the fillipino players use longer shafts.
BJ

Jim.....I'm not tall like you, but I like/use a cue a little longer than the standard 58"...my shafts are 29-3/4" long, making my cue 58-3/4" long - for me this is the perfect length.

- Ghost

bud_44

How long is your cue? Mine is 64" long.

How long is your cue? Mine is 64" long.

Jim, I also am not at tall as you. I'm just under 5'10". The main cue I use has 2 shafts and 1 butt; all are 31 1/2" long for a total of 63". One of the best players I know in the states has a cue that is 64" long. He's very tall; 6'3" or 6'4". Thats where I got the idea. The same person that made his cue made mine and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
longer shaft

longer shaft

I knew there were a few more besides me having the longer reach of a longer shaft. Makes a lot of shots more reachable.
Jim

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
gracias a dios

gracias a dios

i am so glad this discussion on size was not what i first suspected!

probity is my life,

sunny

For some reason, I am particularly enjoying this thread !

Calibration is my life :cool:

Clare

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
size matters

size matters

calibration is the perfect word!

nanotechnology is my life,

sunny

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
Re: Cue length this is the calibration station ..some might call it dysfunction junction..Sunnyone ..are you just showin off..or are you predisposed to reveal your proclivity for superfluous hyperbole..ya can stop me anytime ..because..I sometimes can be redundant over and over

Last edited:

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
dysfunction? or dis function?

dysfunction? or dis function?

mark ... redundant over and over ... good one!

my dad told me about a baseball player named peter lacock. his nickname was pepe le redundant! (french pronunciation of course.)

primness is my life,

sunny

p. s. i just looked up mr. lacock. his name is ralph pierre 'pete' lacock. rats!

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
sunnyone said:

my dad told me about a baseball player named peter lacock. his nickname was pepe le redundant! (french pronunciation of course.)

primness is my life,

sunny

p. s. i just looked up mr. lacock. his name is ralph pierre 'pete' lacock. rats!

Peter Marshall's son, Joanne Dru's nephew.
(Hollywood squares) (Actress=Red River,etc.)
Rod. <----In case they're any inquiring minds out there.---->

Last edited:

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
sunnyone said:

primness is my life,

sunny

Thats funny..Years back I knew a girl by the last name of Hoff..her brothers name was ..Jack

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Big Jim said:
this post has been hijacked from cue length to something else.
Right you are, Jim. There were just too many double entendre opportunities for this gang.:D

Like yours, my cue is also a Phillippi. I use an OB2 shaft which was made to 30". The OB2, being more dense, causes less "whippyness" than does the OB1.

Doc

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
Big Jim said:
BJ
Sorry about the HI-JACK Big Jim ..Regarding your post I had a longer shaft made..cue length now 59.75 in. I'm not real happy with it because it makes the cue front heavy and like Doc said little to whippy

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I know most of you don't like Meucci's but I had one custom built. The butt is one inch over standard length (30 in.) and the shafts are two inches over standard length (31 in.) = Total length is 61 inches. It works great for me and I am only 5' 10".

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
MARK..HOU TX said:
Sorry about the HI-JACK Big Jim ..Regarding your post I had a longer shaft made..cue length now 59.75 in. I'm not real happy with it because it makes the cue front heavy and like Doc said little to whippy

I had a longer shaft made by Kenny Koo in No. California. The shaft does not have a ferrule and the tip is mounted on a pad.

He also does something else to make it lighter up front that more than makes up for the added weight of a longer shaft. Plays great and I am very happy with it.