Tell me who was nubby morgan

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i saw his name mentioned in another post
i remember a guy whose left hand was amputated at the wrist
he had a groove in his stump for the cue stick
he played earl heisler several times that i sweated at the sports palace in the early 1970's when i was in college
played sporty
is that him??
also i knew "jim the harvard kid" road player whose real name was earl morgan
long story about him
is he "nubby"

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
he played earl heisler several times that i sweated at the sports palace in the early 1970's when i was in college
played sporty
is that him??
long story about him
is he "nubby"

I got a little info about him. I knew him in the sixties. I don't remember anything wrong with his hands. Not the nicest guy I ever knew.
I'm leaving right now to go play some one hole. I'll write some more tomorrow. May be a different guy than the one you're talking about. Maybe not.

beatle

Verified Member
knew him well larry. he called himself the one armed bandit. his first name was ernie. he had a few stubs for fingers but both hands. his gaff was shooting one handed and spinning the cue ball.
what he was best at was putting the bite on everyone he got to talk to for some spare change or a few bucks.

he talked a lot of pool room owners into paying him to do an exhibition which he did quite well. then went around and hustled cheap for a couple bucks or borrowed money.

he even got national cues to put his name on a line, but never saw anyone stupid enough to buy one.

lfigueroa

Verified Member
played sporty
is that him??
long story about him
is he "nubby"

If I recall correctly, his name was Ernie Morgan and went by the moniker of "The One-Armed Bandit."

I think he lost all the fingers off his bridge hand as a kid in a band-saw accident. I saw him put on an exhibition at the USF Student Union pool hall, back around the early 70's.

This guy was incredible. He played with a jump cue length mini-cue. Using an overhand grip he would stab the cue ball from mid-air -- no rail, like he was spear fishing. Seemed like he could run them all day at 14.1 this way and may have, in fact, claimed the world's record for high run at 14.1 one-handed, on his posters.

Lou Figueroa