efren/scott

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im going to fast foward this thread and put my cards on the table and tell you what i was thinking and what happened
then you can all critique my ideas and teach me:)
with all the balls in my uptable corner i want to keep scott trying to create some thing
so if the 8 isnt an easy shot im shooting the stripe kick ing it from behind it to the long rail and towards all the other balls in the uptable corner pocket on my side

the 8 wasnt an easy shot because efren decided to z bank it and draw the ball over to scotts long rain so as not to leave a shot on the 13:confused:

but he now put 2 balls in play ??:confused:

bear with me as post the diagrams then you all can give your opinions:)
efrens shot
es3.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
It's not so much Effrin put another ball in play.

It's the way he chose to execute the Z bank.

I would have drawn the cue ball into the pile of balls on the end rail. With this approach he could have put the ball much closer to his pocket and left Scott either over balls or in the balls.

Bill Stroud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

I would have drawn the cue ball into the pile of balls on the end rail. With this approach he could have put the ball much closer to his pocket and left Scott either over balls or in the balls.

Bill Stroud

but why leave that ball near scotts pocket when the z bank isnt a gimmee??

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Bill Stroud

That 2-railer is very speed-sensitive and it's not an easy shot to judge on a strange table. It's difficult enough to get close to your hole on a familiar table when shooting with the speed to draw the rock back to the siderail. The reverse off the 2nd rail makes it tough to judge.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
That 2-railer is very speed-sensitive and it's not an easy shot to judge on a strange table. It's difficult enough to get close to your hole on a familiar table when shooting with the speed to draw the rock back to the siderail. The reverse off the 2nd rail makes it tough to judge.

Dennis

dennis would you have just knocked the stripe away??

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Saw the dark ball in and draw into the kiss.
Rod.

Yeah, I'm surprised he didn't just cut the ball in like you said Rod....Efren will probably make that cut shot about 9 out of 10 times - and even if he misses the cut, most likely is Scott will only get one ball - or Scott could even miss his long-distance cut shot, if Efren's cueball happens to leave Scott jacked or semi-jacked over one of those balls down there.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
dennis would you have just knocked the stripe away??

Given that I can't see all the balls clearly or where they lay specifically I would say that I would also shoot the 2-railer, but I would've hit it a lot better than Efren did:p. It's a tough shot to hit with a lot of speed, the object ball really shortens up off the 2nd rail.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Yeah, I'm surprised he didn't just cut the ball in like you said Rod....Efren will probably make that cut shot about 9 out of 10 times - and even if he misses the cut, most likely is Scott will only get one ball - or Scott could even miss his long-distance cut shot, if Efren's cueball happens to leave Scott jacked or semi-jacked over one of those balls down there.

- Ghost

I'm guessing that the rock would've hit the stripe after contact and maybe came downtable for a shot at Scotts pocket if Efren missed the 8.

Maybe.jpg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I'm guessing that the rock would've hit the stripe after contact and maybe came downtable for a shot at Scotts pocket if Efren missed the 8.

View attachment 4277

Looks to me like the cueball is hitting the striped ball full...and ah, excuse me, but I don't think Efren's pocket speed would be off enough for the cueball to bounce back up almost a diamond, to where your arrows have indicated it would have...:rolleyes:...I know it wouldn't be ending up there if I was shooting it either...:cool:

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Bill Stroud
Bill, if you notice the action on the cue ball after the z bank was executed than you must agree that positioning the cue ball into the balls on the end rail was not possible. You either play the bank like he did, or look else where. Reyes just hit the bank bad, it really wasn't a bad shot. It looks to me that if the bank would of been hit accurately than the cue ball (if drawn) would be tracking toward the corner pocket, he over compensated and guarded against the scratch.

Nurse Bill:D

schitzngigglz

Verified Member
From
Bristol, TN
The first shot I saw was three railing the strip by Scott's pocket. I am new to one pocket and noticed that no one else suggested that. Why not? It looks like a free shot to me.

Rick