Scott Frost vs Mitch Ellerman with Crazy Ending

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I thought some of you who might not have seen this would enjoy this match and especially the ending. Check it out on Youtube and enjoy. :wink:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyJWj0XEkks[/ame]

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
It happened so fast ..did qb hit 1b and then qb hit side rail and kick 1b over to his pocket??

mosconiac

Verified Member
...wow an adaptation of the "Jersey Red Shot" as told by Billy I on his 1P tape...one of my favorite stories. "I'll be back tomorrow to get my $2 back!".

This looks to be a nearly frozen OB though. Incredible shot!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
We'd have to see the shot in super slo-mo to be sure, but if it reacted like a long rail version of the Jersey Red shot, the OB hit the short rail, then the CB came off the long rail to kick the OB into the opposite corner.

It almost looked as if the OB curved a little on it's path to the opposite corner, so I'm wondering if it was the result of one of those triple hits?

I'm sure Mitch was simply trying to double kiss the ball out of there, and simply got lucky. Most any player who would intentionally attempt to make that shot is missing their true calling as a race track habitue.;)

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
blackeee said:
It hits the rail then the point. Guy made it on me today!

Yep, they go like that also. This wasn't that shot though. Mark made the kiss shot on me yesterday.:confused: The OB wasn't frozen. He said after watching this he'd been practicing the shot before I arrived . :D
Rod.
PS, Shot, game, match.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
androd said:
Yep, they go like that also. This wasn't that shot though. Mark made the kiss shot on me yesterday.:confused: The OB wasn't frozen. He said after watching this he'd been practicing the shot before I arrived . :D
Rod.
PS, Shot, game, match.
Redemptinosity is what it was ..practiced hard on it for about 15 mins before the Rodster got there ..I didn't want him to see me practicing it..He said a couple of months back.."no more of your spectacular shots" ..relative to me; not to him..when I was practicing that shot I never made it ( roughly 15 tries )..but.. the harder I shot the closer I got..after 3 hrs and one ball on the table for the whole match..I realized I was thunderstruck with redemptionosity..and here at the"Church Of What's Happenin Now" we consider this a"Life Alterin Experience"..Brothers and Sisters ..I felt like I was.."Scotch Guarded and Static Free"..Me and Rod are constantly tweakin the game so I'm guessin fri afternoon my spot will decrease by one ball.
Fellas in the mornin when I'm drinkin a lot of coffee and get near the keyboard I'm like the energizer bunny on steroids with my blovious analogies
Blovious redemption is my life

Last edited:

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
That speed chess version of one pocket is pretty entertaining to watch. I like the way the players in AZ seem to avoid hour long wedge games and just let it fly a bit more in that tourney.

More mistakes for sure, but its not the US Open, so I like the fact that most of the videos Lenny posts show people trying to make shots, instead of grinding out wins through attrition.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
BUD GREEN said:
That speed chess version of one pocket is pretty entertaining to watch. I like the way the players in AZ seem to avoid hour long wedge games and just let it fly a bit more in that tourney.

More mistakes for sure, but its not the US Open, so I like the fact that most of the videos Lenny posts show people trying to make shots, instead of grinding out wins through attrition.

Plus if I posted those grind videos the masses would not watch or would reply that the people playing suck. :p

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Lenny has to do what's necessary to get and keep an audience. Although I'm not too sure that much of the crowd wouldn't like to see a match full of good moving.

The under 30 crowd likes to see runouts because their mindset is 9-ball. It's macho to run out, therefore from their standpoint one-pocket should be more of a run out game.

I too like to see good shooters, but that's not what one-pocket is all about. I much prefer watching players take the correct shots according to their skill levels.

Watching Scott is very entertaining, but few are really going to learn anything by watching his methods, simply because he plays at such a higher level than most everyone else. From the Ariz. crowd, I like watching Bernie. He takes the right shot 90% of the time; and as far as shooting, when he takes aim at a ball, it's usually going to go in.:)

Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
gulfportdoc said:
Lenny has to do what's necessary to get and keep an audience. Although I'm not too sure that much of the crowd wouldn't like to see a match full of good moving.

The under 30 crowd likes to see runouts because their mindset is 9-ball. It's macho to run out, therefore from their standpoint one-pocket should be more of a run out game.

I too like to see good shooters, but that's not what one-pocket is all about. I much prefer watching players take the correct shots according to their skill levels.

Watching Scott is very entertaining, but few are really going to learn anything by watching his methods, simply because he plays at such a higher level than most everyone else. From the Ariz. crowd, I like watching Bernie. He takes the right shot 90% of the time; and as far as shooting, when he takes aim at a ball, it's usually going to go in.:)

Doc

I agree Doc. I personally enjoy the shots that players like Scott and Mitch come with but they are not high percentage for us mortals. I do appreciate a good simple move just as much as one of those shots or when someone is in a trap but intelligently finds a way out of it. Perhaps I will make some videos where someone is in a bad trap and comes with a great shot to get out of it. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Fast Lenny said:
I agree Doc. I personally enjoy the shots that players like Scott and Mitch come with but they are not high percentage for us mortals. I do appreciate a good simple move just as much as one of those shots or when someone is in a trap but intelligently finds a way out of it. Perhaps I will make some videos where someone is in a bad trap and comes with a great shot to get out of it. :)
That would be a good video. IMO a great approach would be to show a number of situations where there are several shots or moves available. An expert could say what he likes best, and why; then show all the shots and the results of each one in turn.

Scott would probably not want to do that kind of video. I think Artie would be an excellent choice for the advisor roll. But Dick would be good too, and the practicality of getting together with him to do a video would be much more realistic. This would be the ulitimate 1P instruction DVD. Just food for thought...:cool:

Doc

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Real good idea....

Real good idea....

...Doc.Getting out of a deep trap and smelling like roses is better than watching a runout.