My photos from DCC

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
...are still getting sorted, but I uploaded a bunch last night. Spread out in four galleries. I still have a couple of days worth to add, but this is a good start.

Late round in Banks, when Brumback handed Alex his only loss. Of course later, Alex bounced back to defeat Ronnie Alcano in the Banks finals -- no three-peat for John this year. See more in the 2011 DCC Tournament gallery

Dippy Dave was the man in big games all week long. More action room photos here: 2011 DCC Action

Backgammon in the hallway. More ambiance photos here: 2011 DCC Ambiance

The AZ/1P room hosted the One Pocket ghost challenge, which made it tougher to get on the table yourself for a few days -- but it was fun to watch. More AZBilliards/OnePocket.org Room photos.

JAM

Verified Member
Great photos. That Brandon always seems to find himself a backgammon game. I wonder who won, Brandon or Alex. :D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
demonrho said:
Thanks for the photos - interesting to see you develop as a photographer.
Thanks, demonrho. I don't know if you knew I actually went to school for that -- a two year program -- that I graduated from in May 2009. That did help a lot.

Still hard to avoid cliche's when shooting, because pool is so much about repetitive actions. But every player seems to have their own unique style, and sometimes that comes through. Pool has great characters -- you can really see that here.

I think everything that I will upload, is uploaded now -- between the galleries its a total of about 400 photos, selected and edited from about 1600 that I shot.

PS I think the best way to sit back and view these (unless you are looking for something specific), is to go to the gallery, then click on the "Slideshow" button top right in the menu bar -- that gets you to a real nice full screen slideshow...

Don Smith

Verified Member
Titles?

Titles?

I would like to see the name of the person in each photo.

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
NH Steve said:
Thanks, demonrho. I don't know if you knew I actually went to school for that -- a two year program -- that I graduated from in May 2009. That did help a lot...

I didn't know you went to school for it but it was obvious you were beginning to catch on about the importance of reaction shots. Plus, your sense of composition is growing. It's tough to avoid the cliches in pool photography but you are doing a good job.