Fight Night in New Orleans

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
read in a post (edit... on azb by miscrewed89) that danny and josh raised the bet..errr ...prize money
there is 64k in the middle now acoording to that poster
terry or ray can you confirm this??

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Fight Night in New Orleans

That score to me reads, it's time. At least that's what I learned long ago @ Janscos.

To me its' no different than asking someone to play that doesn't know your watching them from afar to wait till they make a couple nice outs, THEN approach em for action.

did I miss something???

Well, most here have many more years of experience than I do so I would not argue. I see your point. Seems legit to me, but what do I know lol.

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
I subscribed and yes it was a see saw slug fest. However, I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on shot selection. Both are very good shooters, however, to me the selection of shots was suspect. Am I wrong saying it was wide open and may have been shorter had one or the other applied more strategic traps. certainly either player can get out given the opening? It just seemed different. Am I wrong, your thoughts please.

BTW: well worth the money

akrick

Verified Member
fight night

fight night

Good value and very enjoyable.
Shot selection was consistent but not traditional. They seem to go for something offensive on every shot. Not boring that is for sure.
Never seemed to "play the score". Danny had seven balls several times and never moved the balls up table to protect the lead. Often did the opposite and brought more balls down table into play. At times it cost him.
I saw shots I did not know and appreciated the creativeness and ability of both players.
It will be interesting to see how they play, style wise, years from now.
Don't know that it can or will happen but having the players miked up would be interesting. They don't have to "perform" but it would allow the TV viewer to hear what people are saying at the table. We can always mute it.
Thanks to Ray for these matches. I watch way too many hours but from the comfort of home.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks to danny and josh for putting on the show and having the heart to play for the big bucks in public...kudos.jpg
congrats to danny for the win.....kudos.jpg
and thanks to ray and terry....job well done......kudos.jpg

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I only watched the last evening. My impression is that there were a lot of creative two way shots. I wonder if Roberts is ambidextrous - he seems to be fluid and comfortable shooting lefty.

Appreciate the stream, Ray, and all others involved.

:)

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
That score to me reads, it's time. At least that's what I learned long ago @ Janscos.

To me its' no different than asking someone to play that doesn't know your watching them from afar to wait till they make a couple nice outs, THEN approach em for action.

did I miss something???

Looks like you know a lot about doing "business".

Did you have the right side?

Way to stink up a good thread and try to cast shadows on a great match between two guys that have a ton of heart and talent.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Looks like you know a lot about doing "business".

Did you have the right side?

Way to stink up a good thread and try to cast shadows on a great match between two guys that have a ton of heart and talent.

Hey, I got put together years ago by a Ronnie Allen match up, and that stuck with me for ever I was twenty one at the time. I've seen it too much and your right I could of stunk it up, but once the bet was rebooted for the final day, things seemed to progress in one direction too quickly, just letting others ''be aware''.
Wouldn't bet I'm right or wrong, it's gambling and when the money gets BIG with pool players that are living day to day, where it goes in the pool world, many times ya never really know.....just sayin' from past experience. Are you one hundred percent sure I'm wrong? Gambling is gambling, and as we all know, gamblers Always look for advantages to benefit themselves to get the doh rey me.