The Ghost's Stakehorses

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Just thought I'd post a pic of all of my backers...they will be with me at the DCC in January, and they will be bringing big bags full of $$$ with them to stake me in all of my proposition games....:eek:....:cool:

- Ghosty

PS, Here is their cell phone# in case anybody wants to pre-negotiate with them >>> 1 800 RED NOSE

PPS, My backers are fun loving guys, and I have given them pics of John H. and Papie, so they will probably be putting whoopie cushions under their seats, squirting them with their lapel flowers, sending hot looking transvestites up to their rooms at 5:00 in the morning, and other harmless pranks....:)

Attachments

• clowns.jpg
    clowns.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
One Pocket Ghost said:
Just thought I'd post a pic of all of my backers...they will be with me at the DCC in January, and they will be bringing big bags full of $$$ with them to stake me in all of my proposition games....:eek:....:cool:

- Ghosty

PS, Here is there cell phone# in case anybody wants to pre-negotiate with them >>> 1 800 RED NOSE

PPS, My backers are fun loving guys, and I have given them pics of John H. and Papie, so they will probably be putting whoopie cushions under their seats, squirting them with their lapel flowers, sending hot looking transvestites up to their rooms at 5:00 in the morning, and other harmless pranks....:)

I just hope they can come up with the $500. Looks a little shaky to me.

I'm not going to let you dog the bet this time - $250 one pocket & $250 three cushion, AND we can play another set of each one handed.

Bring in the clowns!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The Greatest

The Greatest

jrhendy said:
I just hope they can come up with the $500. Looks a little shaky to me.

I'm not going to let you dog the bet this time - $250 one pocket & $250 three cushion, AND we can play another set of each one handed.

Bring in the clowns!

John, you're the greatest. You sure I never tracked you down in LA back in 69-72? Billiard Den? Hollywood Billiards? Celebrity Billiards? Tournament Billiards in Culver City (all night black pool room)? Daisy Mae's? Big Mama's? Charley Neal's? The Climax in Hollywood.

Beard

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
John, you're the greatest. You sure I never tracked you down in LA back in 69-72? Billiard Den? Hollywood Billiards? Celebrity Billiards? Tournament Billiards in Culver City (all night black pool room)? Daisy Mae's? Big Mama's? Charley Neal's? The Climax in Hollywood.

Beard
Her is one for Freddy And Ghoasty. THe west coast offense is good for the west coast. But the Chicago Squeeze will but them in the ice box.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Her is one for Freddy And Ghoasty. THe west coast offense is good for the west coast. But the Chicago Squeeze will but them in the ice box.

It's a shame....NOBODY EVER PROVED THAT !!! :D :D :D :cool:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
It's a shame....NOBODY EVER PROVED THAT !!! :D :D :D :cool:
SJD pool is only a fun game when you have action and compitision. BUt I will give you WEst Coast Guys a + you will play and bet youre money. And that is more then the 14 1 countinouis straight pool players from NY would do. That is why I never went to Ny to hustle pool. The west coast would gamble and thier was money thier. The only thing I wnated to do was to beat Rickie Florence and he wopuld have played me 8 to 2. But I had too go becuse I won good money and the were going to hist me. And thats when I left. Or Rickie would have went off. But even in the barrs people would gamble. They had money back then and its like everyone would play and gamble.Sterling was a great steer man and new a lot iff good spots. And he loved hustling. Florida was allso a good spot too hustle bar pool. the days and times when we could play are gone, And we wish that the could come back. But the truth is we just get older and weaker. But I am glade to say that I met you and John. And you are both two classy men. WE are luck becuse we can play and ejoy the thing we love pool. Emagine if you couldnt play pool. What would it be lime then. The pleasure we get playing pool is priceless. And its great to even talk to people that you have the same interest Pool. BUt the things we did and memories is all we have in life. I would like to make my time at the DCC a memorable experience. And to see all those people I once was around is Awsome. And John I forgor to Buy you dinner and beers. So I will take you to eatat the Dcc tournement. And you can bring Yukon JAck with. THe enjoymeny playing you John made me feel alive again. Like I was a player. And it brought back some off the olden days.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:
SJD pool is only a fun game when you have action and compitision. BUt I will give you WEst Coast Guys a + you will play and bet youre money. And that is more then the 14 1 countinouis straight pool players from NY would do. That is why I never went to Ny to hustle pool. The west coast would gamble and thier was money thier. The only thing I wnated to do was to beat Rickie Florence and he wopuld have played me 8 to 2. But I had too go becuse I won good money and the were going to hist me. And thats when I left. Or Rickie would have went off. But even in the barrs people would gamble. They had money back then and its like everyone would play and gamble.Sterling was a great steer man and new a lot iff good spots. And he loved hustling. Florida was allso a good spot too hustle bar pool. the days and times when we could play are gone, And we wish that the could come back. But the truth is we just get older and weaker. But I am glade to say that I met you and John. And you are both two classy men. WE are luck becuse we can play and ejoy the thing we love pool. Emagine if you couldnt play pool. What would it be lime then. The pleasure we get playing pool is priceless. And its great to even talk to people that you have the same interest Pool. BUt the things we did and memories is all we have in life. I would like to make my time at the DCC a memorable experience. And to see all those people I once was around is Awsome. And John I forgor to Buy you dinner and beers. So I will take you to eatat the Dcc tournement. And you can bring Yukon JAck with. THe enjoymeny playing you John made me feel alive again. Like I was a player. And it brought back some off the olden days.

Good thoughts Artie...I sure hope I can make it to the DCC this year. Just send a bottle of Yukon Jack to my room, and you will rob me after I drink it..:cool:

Like I said in an earlier post...my hi-rolling days are over... But I will still mix it up a little for some decent $$$. (a few hundred a game,
or 1 or 2K sets)

John is saving his SS checks, and I am selling my cars and my house, (JK) so we should have a few barrells to fire at somebody..:eek:
You and Billy need to put your thinking caps on, and see what you can offer John and I in a partner game.
I'm sure John plays better than I do, at this point in time...and you guy's destroyed him. Think about it.

PS..It may take more than one bottle !.:D

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SJDinPHX said:
Good thoughts Artie...I sure hope I can make it to the DCC this year. Just send a bottle of Yukon Jack to my room, and you will rob me after I drink it..:cool:

Like I said in an earlier post...my hi-rolling days are over... But I will still mix it up a little for some decent $$$. (few hundred a game,
or 1 or 2K sets.

John is saving his SS checks, and I am selling my cars and my house, (JK) so we should have a few barrells to fire at somebody..:eek: You and Billy need to put your thinking caps on, and see what you can offer John and I in a partner game.
I'm sure John plays better than I do, at this point in time...and you guy's destroyed him. Think about it.

PS..It may take more than one bottle !.:D

...Another successful "Ghost thread" hi-jacking...Heh, Heh..:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

I watched you play banks a couple of times in LA Beard, but I wasn't much of an action guy then, except around my home room and I could get the locals to go in with me against the road players.

I was working & raising a family and my strong suit was pounding the locals and moving the road players over to the snooker table. Chicago Johnny & Youngblood both beat me playing one pocket & didn't like the snooker table. Johnny's game had gone downhill quite a bit and I saw him more at the race track than at the pool rooms. Archie The Greek and I played dozens of times in the 60's/70's.

If you are up for a little one pocket at the Derby, I'll put you on my list. Artie is still right after the Ghost. As bad as it was, I just have to try him again.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
jrhendy said:
I watched you play banks a couple of times in LA Beard, but I wasn't much of an action guy then, except around my home room and I could get the locals to go in with me against the road players.

I was working & raising a family and my strong suit was pounding the locals and moving the road players over to the snooker table. Chicago Johnny & Youngblood both beat me playing one pocket & didn't like the snooker table. Johnny's game had gone downhill quite a bit and I saw him more at the race track than at the pool rooms. Archie The Greek and I played dozens of times in the 60's/70's.

If you are up for a little one pocket at the Derby, I'll put you on my list. Artie is still right after the Ghost. As bad as it was, I just have to try him again.
Boy o Boy you realy hurt my feeling picking the Ghosty over me to play first. I thought I was number one on your list. But its Ok. When Goasty gets done with you I hope he softens you up for me. I hope you spoke him Goast. And If you loose Ghosty dont ever talk to me. For giving Chicago a bad name. But maybe I can play Dick while you are warming up. John you hurt my feelings. You make it sound like you are cheating on me. WE should have signed a contract.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
artie i think john just wants to have more barrels . thats why he's playing ghost first:eek: :rolleyes: you should be honored that john wants to play you as long as he can:D

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
artie i think john just wants to have more barrels . thats why he's playing ghost first:eek: :rolleyes: you should be honored that john wants to play you as long as he can:D
OK but I love clowns and I dont want John to breack all the clowns. Because they work hard for thier money. And when they back Ghosty. Thier not clowning around.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Boy o Boy you realy hurt my feeling picking the Ghosty over me to play first. I thought I was number one on your list. But its Ok. When Goasty gets done with you I hope he softens you up for me. I hope you spoke him Goast. And If you loose Ghosty dont ever talk to me. For giving Chicago a bad name. But maybe I can play Dick while you are warming up. John you hurt my feelings. You make it sound like you are cheating on me. WE should have signed a contract.

If I can win, or even come close to a terrific player like the Ghost, it will raise my confidence to play you.

He won't bet enough to bust me, you will, so I have to try & book a winner or two before I play you. I'm trying to squeeze Freddie in there too. I will be shooting for a Chicago Trifecta.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
jrhendy said:
If I can win, or even come close to a terrific player like the Ghost, it will raise my confidence to play you.

He won't bet enough to bust me, you will, so I have to try & book a winner or two before I play you. I'm trying to squeeze Freddie in there too. I will be shooting for a Chicago Trifecta.
go joihn three times is a charm

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
go joihn three times is a charm
John you no Ronnie was a champion at sharking. Emagine him having his 15 clowns thier routing for him. And if you beat all those clowns. The will become sad clowns. And if thier are any children around. They will be mad at you for betting the clowns. And if they start to cry. All thier make up will come off. And you will feel bad beating all 15 lowns out off thier money.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Who won?

Who won?

jrhendy said:

You didnt say if I won or not, John. Have only been playing banks. Can only play 3,4,or 5 games a night, so I have been sticking with bumps. No one pocket in a coupla months.

Beard
Actually, for the first time since June, I played 1pkt last nite. 3 games, won all three and went home. There was a 1pk tourn going on, I didnt play in it.

chicagomike

Verified Member
jrhendy said:

If you can find one more Chicago player you can take a shot at the Superfecta...you shouldn't have to look too far.:D