john brumback paid his dues

billycarrelli

DON'T think brumback was an overnight sensation he came to cincinnati many times on weekends back in the late 70's,he would play anybody that wanted to play. Joey spaeth and Gary spaeth beat him like a drum,my brother ricky would also take his money ,He was strictly 9ball back then,I wouldn't take his money because I felt sorry for him. I thought he was just some nice kid from the stix,who saved his grass cutting money to come to oakley pool hall,and give it away. HE rarely spoke and i thought maybe he was challenged, LITTLE DID I KNOW HE HAD A PLAN. After about a year he got betterand was starting to win occasionally,he got to were he could beat joey who had slipped. THEN GARY WOULD SPOT HIM and win the family money back.MY BROTHER KEPT TELLING ME HE WAS GOING TO BE A CHAMPION.! SOMEWHERE IN THIS time frame he started playing banks and found his best game, he beat joey and my brother banking,BUT STILL HE HAD MORE DUES TO PAY, he tackled gary and that was A TALL ORDER.Only johnny can tell how long gary beat him ,but he was becoming a seasoned bank player and 9ball too. hE WAS ALWAYS QUIET AND TOOK HIS LUMPS WITHOUT COMPLAINING aquality he still possess, then he began playing donnie anderson banks, and got more seasoned and the rest is history. HE WAS SO LUCKY TO HAVE THESE GREAT PLAYERS TO LEARN FROM ,especially at banks being GARY AND DONNIE WERE 2 OF THE BEST IN THE WORLD! He took the beat of each and improved on it. YOU SEE CLASS WILL ALWAYS TELL AND HE HAS IT BILLYC

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
Good post Billy

Good post Billy

I would sure love to have some video of Gary vs John in banks! Man!

I feel Gary Spaeth was in the all-time top 5 bankers EVER. And as great a player as Mr. Brumback is, I think his best days are ahead of him! I look for him to knock off 3-4 more DCC Banks titles at least before he's done.

I really miss Gary playing.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Dues

Dues

Reminds me of how I bought a condo for JR Hendy. I saw him beating a former world champion nine ball player. Next day they played again and JR lost his winnings back. Sooooooo I started playing him. 9-7. Then 10-7. After he got his down payment we were at 9-7, then it changed a little more to 8-7 for life. I can't be there any more, but that's how I made JR Hendy a homeowner in California. :frus:frus:heh:lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill, are you implying that Hendy doesn't really need all those Social Security checks he always puts into action???;)

Doc

This was many, many, years ago. Now, we combine our checks, my disability and his retirement, then we head to the DCC with at least $200. It will improve in Oct when I start my SS. Then no one will match our funds. Upwards to $225................