WTB: winning one-pocket

cascader

Verified Member
Looking for a second edition copy of Eddie Robin's Winning One-Pocket.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
very good timing:)
( if you havent been reading the threads for the last week or 2 forget my comment)
this is ediie robin email
er89121@aol.com
he might have one available

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
cascader said:
I checked b4 I posted, and he doesn't.
CC,

Amazon has 3rd party sellers that have it for sale but all three are 1st editions. If you have your heart set on a second edition I would advise you to check Amazon every now & then. They do come up sometimes.

P.S. The 1st is not much different from the 2nd edition. I have them both.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Winning-One-Pocket-As-Taught-Greatest-Players/dp/0936362030/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316051533&sr=1-3[/ame]

Dennis

Eddie Robin

Verified Member
I can't understand Chapter 6 in 1st ed; I was author!

I can't understand Chapter 6 in 1st ed; I was author!

Cowboy Dennis said:
CC,

Amazon has 3rd party sellers that have it for sale but all three are 1st editions. If you have your heart set on a second edition I would advise you to check Amazon every now & then. They do come up sometimes.

P.S. The 1st is not much different from the 2nd edition. I have them both.

http://www.amazon.com/Winning-One-P...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316051533&sr=1-3

Dennis

Of just about all I've come across so far on this forum I hate most to disagree with Dennis. However, even I can't understand most in Chapter 6 in the first 1st edition and I was the author!

I know that book as well as anyone and finally gave up attempting to fix up everything that was wrong in that first edition, and so, rather just continually adding to the number of eratta sheets (from 1 to 2 then 3 then 5 then 7) I'd went to work on a second edition.

I'm not saying this to make money for I've neither edition for sale. I just hate to see people failing to get sufficient value from my work.

Eddie Robin

Eddie Robin

Verified Member
cascader said:

cascader,

I'm truly sorry that I can't provide you and a large number of others with a copy of that book.

I've been attempting to get a few to invest $20,000 each to finance getting me back into the publishing business. Not going well for by the time I get one or two more interested the previous one or two have already invested in something else.

There's nothing I'd like better than be able to provide all the books I'm capable of creating and for far less money. I visualize $67 to $83. I might never get back into self-publishing business, but I'll never give up trying. The way it has been going, I may have to remain healthy 'til the year 2050!

Eddie Robin

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Eddie Robin said:
... even I can't understand most in Chapter 6 in the first 1st edition and I was the author!

Eddie Robin
Eddie,

Chapter 6, "Systems & Methods" is probably the one that gained the most from the 2nd edition. Trying to explain these things did indeed require correct information that had to be included in the errata sheets.

I think anyone who took the time to read the errata sheets would have no problem anyway.

I also think that being the author of the book makes you that much more critical of it. I know that when I read some of the poems I've posted here I see the things I wish I had done different, I can point out every flaw. I believe when you see WOP 1st edition you see every flaw and feel bad about it while most others see a great work. Don't be so hard on yourself, it was 18 years ago and you can't change it now:) .

P.S. To cascader or anyone else who has or acquires a WOP 1st edition, I have the errata sheets and have made copies of them. The copies came out better than the originals and look great. If you need them just let me know and I'll mail them to you.

Dennis

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Eddie Robin said:
cascader,

I'm truly sorry that I can't provide you and a large number of others with a copy of that book.

I've been attempting to get a few to invest $20,000 each to finance getting me back into the publishing business. Not going well for by the time I get one or two more interested the previous one or two have already invested in something else.

There's nothing I'd like better than be able to provide all the books I'm capable of creating and for far less money. I visualize $67 to $83. I might never get back into self-publishing business, but I'll never give up trying. The way it has been going, I may have to remain healthy 'til the year 2050!

Eddie Robin

Eddie; I think I heard a rumor that Harry Platis is interested in reinvesting in your project. Sounds like problem solved!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

Eddie Robin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Eddie,

I shoulda known better than to concerned as to how you might react to attempted correction! You've done it again; your reply here if far more professional than the vast majority of my own. I'm simply telling truth the way I see it here very much like you obviously do yourself -- I don't suck up to nobody nowhere!

Chapter 6, "Systems & Methods" is probably the one that gained the most from the 2nd edition. Trying to explain these things did indeed require correct information that had to be included in the errata sheets.

Absolutely the way it was! You nailed it. Chapter 6 was far worse that the rest of that first edition.

I think anyone who took the time to read the errata sheets would have no problem anyway.

I've a disagreement on this last point. Whereas the errata sheets will be of some use . . . of some help, there will remain some difficulties. Hope ya don't think I'm nitpicking . . . just realized that maybe I am.

I was frantic over the screw-ups and quickly worked on errata sheets and as quickly as possible distributed a 2-page version. I'd continued working on those errata sheets from wanting to do a somewhat more professional job and then came up with 3 pages then 5 and when finally to 7 I'd come to conclusion that my time would be better spent working on a second edition. Have no idea how much I would have found that may have gotten by others and would guess I'd a have eventually wound up with 10 or twelve errata sheets when I'd already thought the 7 was already ridiculous.

I also think that being the author of the book makes you that much more critical of it. I know that when I read some of the poems I've posted here I see the things I wish I had done different, I can point out every flaw. I believe when you see WOP 1st edition you see every flaw and feel bad about it while most others see a great work. Don't be so hard on yourself, it was 18 years ago and you can't change it now:) .

You seem to really understand me well. Your explanation is so perfect. You explain Eddie robin better than I do!

P.S. To cascader or anyone else who has or acquires a WOP 1st edition, I have the errata sheets and have made copies of them. The copies came out better than the originals and look great. If you need them just let me know and I'll mail them to you.

That's nice. I've no idea why I'd not saved them for they were a few days work. Guess I just wasn't thinking at the time. After all these years, now that I know a bit more about Windows Explorer, I'm gonna search for the word "errata" to see i could possibly find those sheets; would love to find the last version.

Dennis

PS: You're obviously a good guy but I'll try not to compliment ya ever again for I certainly don't want to come off as a phony.

cascader

Verified Member
to the topic at hand...

to the topic at hand...

Thanks for the errata sheet copy offer.

I would still personally prefer to buy a 2nd edition, if anyone on the forum has absorbed the book over the years and would sell theirs, knows of a private seller, or could point me to a copy that would be great. If that fails, 1st edition and an errata copy would certainly be a start. I'm not looking for a collector copy, but one to learn from. Thanks again.

Eddie Robin

Verified Member
mr3cushion said:
Eddie; I think I heard a rumor that Harry Platis is interested in reinvesting in your project. Sounds like problem solved!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

Bill,

Harry Platis and i had discussed this subject two times that i can recall at the moment but that was years ago of course. He had wanted to finance my project then but, from what I can recall at the moment, I'd broken off discussions from his wanting to put out soft covers.

If and ever back in the publishing business, I'll want to produce soft-covers and even videos, but I believe in producing the hardcovers first. It can't possibly ever work with me and Harry for I would demand too much control of products and even some other parts of the business for his liking.

Many have considered me too stubborn for I've been in poverty for quite a number of years already and yet continually turn down ways to make money, but I know how I want to do things and just don't want to compromise much with those ways. I intend to avoid publicizing much more re my business plans here; it should be done in private with any that have or will shown sufficient serious interest.

Wow! Power was off here, at least it was off in this section of Las Vegas; probably from last night for there was plenty of lightning then. anyway; whatever written here previously is still there now that computer back on. Gotta keep this computer working 'til feel okay to pull outta what you had once referred to as the "lion's den". Wish things were different -- many here want to learn.

Now to finish this up. Don't even recall what else I might have added to the above and . . . so I'll end off here and check how neighbors are doing. One guy is on oxygen and by himself and so gotta run back again to see if he's okay -- his wife on way home I'm told.

Eddie R

Eddie Robin

Verified Member
Work out a book loan. Study the 2nd ed. W1P & rtn it

Work out a book loan. Study the 2nd ed. W1P & rtn it

cascader said:
Thanks for the errata sheet copy offer.

I would still personally prefer to buy a 2nd edition, if anyone on the forum has absorbed the book over the years and would sell theirs, knows of a private seller, or could point me to a copy that would be great. If that fails, 1st edition and an errata copy would certainly be a start. I'm not looking for a collector copy, but one to learn from. Thanks again.

Mr cascader,

I used to come across a second edition W1P book every so often, or to be a bit more specific, every few months, but it was less and then even less often and has not happened for around a year or two now except for one that was returned from an old friend in NYC that lived in same boys home when I was 15-16). It's in storage someplace but hard to sell for it contains a somewhat long, personal inscription (that most would find quite hard to believe anyway) inside the front cover. He was my first backer -- it was when began to play just a bit better in NYC(1959?).

Just realized that there may be a way to work out a deal where i can loan it to you. This book is off great value to me and you would understand after reading the inscription and so . . . because the loan was a good idea, work out a deal with someone else that has the book and provide substantial deposit and/or whatever. Couple a days of study and then return it. Won't that work well?

Eddie robin

cascader

Verified Member
Sold, paid for, but not yet delivered!

Sold, paid for, but not yet delivered!

Haven't heard from the Bohemian in a while and now resorting to public means of contact. Still waiting for shipping / delivery info.

cascader

Verified Member
Still looking for a 2nd edition.

Still looking for a 2nd edition.

I have heard from Bohemian, and, without delving into details, our transaction was unable to be concluded, he had a good reason for being out of contact, and he acted honorably and forthright with a more than full refund. That said, I am still looking for a copy.

Eddie Robin

Verified Member
Eddie,

Dennis

Hi Dennis and the rest of you guys stuck with the 1st edition of W1P,

A great many have argued with me regarding just how great is the difference between the first and second edition of my W1P book besides the added sections. BTW; I believe those first editions will eventually catch up in value. I still recall incredible frustration upon working on those errata sheets for the more I'd worked on finding errors the more I'd find; it sometimes seemed never ending to me.

I've searched through my computer and old DVDs for the latest version of those errata sheets several times over the years for so many had asked me for them and never even found the earlier versions. I recalled how I'd gone through the book once with intentions of doing so a second time to find things missed on the first time through -- that's when I flat gave up on that project deciding that I just had to create a second edition. Upon unpacking and opening old boxes couple of days ago I'd come across a package 18 errata sheets; that must have been the most complete version of W1P errata sheets and the point where I'd flat given up. Too much work to type them up and so I'll just have to get photocopies and buy extra large envelopes for those who want them.

Until someone provides me with ride to a Kinko's where the photocopies are a bit cheaper I'll have to go for 11-cents a page ($1.98 ttl.) at the local UPS store which is around a 7/10-mile bike ride from where I now live. I figure another $1.15-cents for email-receipt unless a certificate-of-mailing is preferred which avoids the need for a signature for I don't wish to deal with claims of someone not having received their package. Upon adding $1.73 postage and $5.14 for my work the total comes to $10 plus $7 each for those wanting extra copies for friends. Wish I didn't have to charge ya but I'm barely hanging on!

This is a limited time offer and so email me at er89121@aol.com for an okay with name and shipping address previous to sending $10 check or money-order to my P.O. Box 230298, Las Vegas, NV 89105.

Eddie Robin

Bill Stock

I have the set (both books) that I would be interested in selling. I will not sell the books separately. Winning One Pocket is the second edition.

They are not in the wrappers but are brand new.

pm me or call 702-335-4193

Bill Stock

Eddie Robin

Verified Member
Reminder Re 1993 18-pg Version Of W1P Errata Sheets

Reminder Re 1993 18-pg Version Of W1P Errata Sheets

Hi Dennis and the rest of you guys stuck with the 1st edition of W1P,

A great many have argued with me regarding just how great is the difference between the first and second edition of my W1P book besides the added sections. BTW; I believe those first editions will eventually catch up in value. I still recall incredible frustration upon working on those errata sheets for the more I'd worked on finding errors the more I'd find; it sometimes seemed never ending to me.

I've searched through my computer and old DVDs for the latest version of those errata sheets several times over the years for so many had asked me for them and never even found the earlier versions. I recalled how I'd gone through the book once with intentions of doing so a second time to find things missed on the first time through -- that's when I flat gave up on that project deciding that I just had to create a second edition. Upon unpacking and opening old boxes couple of days ago I'd come across a package 18 errata sheets; that must have been the most complete version of W1P errata sheets and the point where I'd flat given up. Too much work to type them up and so I'll just have to get photocopies and buy extra large envelopes for those who want them.

Until someone provides me with ride to a Kinko's where the photocopies are a bit cheaper I'll have to go for 11-cents a page ($1.98 ttl.) at the local UPS store which is around a 7/10-mile bike ride from where I now live. I figure another $1.15-cents for email-receipt unless a certificate-of-mailing is preferred which avoids the need for a signature for I don't wish to deal with claims of someone not having received their package. Upon adding $1.73 postage and $5.14 for my work the total comes to $10 plus $7 each for those wanting extra copies for friends. Wish I didn't have to charge ya but I'm barely hanging on!

This is a limited time offer and so email me at er89121@aol.com for an okay with name and shipping address previous to sending $10 check or money-order to my P.O. Box 230298, Las Vegas, NV 89105.

Eddie Robin

REMINDER RE 18-PG ERRATA SHEETS FOR 1ST EDIT W1P

As per my previous post on subject of errata sheets for the first edition of W1P, found what had to be the latest version for it is 18 pages long. That was back in 1993 and in recent years didn't recall how far I'd gone with that work back then and previously only recalled the 2, 3, 5, and 7 sheet versions. I probably printed a copy of the 18-page version previous to deleting it while working on the second edition; seems to me that I was so upset over all the errors resulting from the faulty computer conversion program that I just wanted one-pocket enthusiasts to have the far better version.

Anyway, that latest version has been found and due to costs of photocopies, postage, signed receipt, and labor I've decided on $10 for all who may want a copy ($7 each for extra copies in same envelope).