What to Do, What to Do

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Here's a shot that I used to practice in case it ever came up. Easier on some tables than others. It's pretty sweet when it works and you look like an idiot when it does not. Fortunately for me, it never once came up in a game in my life. You have pocket 'A' and need them both. Can you get out from here?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AUwL3BQwN4CSLL4DPaL4EKLL4FMoL3GLaM3HTiN3IOLM4JHaL3KQfk4LIOk3MIoM4NEoL3OWTN3PLAk3QcYs4uCtL@4AUwL3BQwN4CSLL4DPaL4EKLL4FMoL3GLaM3HTiN3IOLM4JHaL3KQfk4LIOk3MIoM4NEoL3OWTN3PLAk4QdGt3TLxm3phus3kLAk3kNUm3kOSj7kNtO7kLPB7kGwV8kABf5kJnE1kbVo1kMfk2kaqS4kbRM4kTAd3qXfXTHE_TRICK_IS_TO_SHOOT_SLIGHTLY_INTO_THE_RAIL_AND_STROKE_THE_HECK_OUT_OF_IT.&ZZ4rMbbTHE_CUEBALL_MAY_HIT_THE_ENDRAIL_ALSO,_ALL_DEPENDING_ON_HOW_YOU_HIT_IT.&ZZ4uCtL@[/CUETABLE]

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Just guessing Dennis , that you jack up some and put low left and nail it cue should come off rail and back behind other ball. Like I said just a guess.---Smitty

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One pocket Smitty said:
Just guessing Dennis , that you jack up some and put low left and nail it cue should come off rail and back behind other ball. Like I said just a guess.---Smitty

OPS,

If you want to see the shot, go to this: <1 l 2> on the right end of the lower rail. It's the page up-page down thingy. Put your cursor arrow on the 2 and left-click. It advances the page so you can see the next layout. You can also go backwards by clicking on the other side.

Dennis

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I think I saw this shot in Brynes stroke shots or some book that had that... or maybe it was prop bet we had in the pool hall. I could never quite get there. I think I was giving myself a little more room between the cueball and object ball to get going though.

I hear what your saying though, it's a sweet shot that looks pretty impressive when you pull it off though.:D

If your a player getting weight and someone sees you pull it off, it's a little harder to convince them to give you weight.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Why not

Why not

Cowboy Dennis said:
Here's a shot that I used to practice in case it ever came up. Easier on some tables than others. It's pretty sweet when it works and you look like an idiot when it does not. Fortunately for me, it never once came up in a game in my life. You have pocket 'A' and need them both. Can you get out from here?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AUwL3BQwN4CSLL4DPaL4EKLL4FMoL3GLaM3HTiN3IOLM4JHaL3KQfk4LIOk3MIoM4NEoL3OWTN3PLAk3QcYs4uCtL@4AUwL3BQwN4CSLL4DPaL4EKLL4FMoL3GLaM3HTiN3IOLM4JHaL3KQfk4LIOk3MIoM4NEoL3OWTN3PLAk4QdGt3TLxm3phus3kLAk3kNUm3kOSj7kNtO7kLPB7kGwV8kABf5kJnE1kbVo1kMfk2kaqS4kbRM4kTAd3qXfXTHE_TRICK_IS_TO_SHOOT_SLIGHTLY_INTO_THE_RAIL_AND_STROKE_THE_HECK_OUT_OF_IT.&ZZ4rMbbTHE_CUEBALL_MAY_HIT_THE_ENDRAIL_ALSO,_ALL_DEPENDING_ON_HOW_YOU_HIT_IT.&ZZ4uCtL@[/CUETABLE]

Just stop your ball, walk to the other side of the table, and shoot the remaining ball into the pocket "A" (as shown on page 2).

Come on Dennis ! Do you think a grade 'B' nit like me isn't going to spot such subtrefuge?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed said:
I think I saw this shot in Brynes stroke shots or some book that had that... or maybe it was prop bet we had in the pool hall. I could never quite get there. I think I was giving myself a little more room between the cueball and object ball to get going though.

I hear what your saying though, it's a sweet shot that looks pretty impressive when you pull it off though.:D

If your a player getting weight and someone sees you pull it off, it's a little harder to convince them to give you weight.

Hey Guy's,

The Rust Belt Lunatic forgot to show his usual result, when he practices this shot, so I shall show it for him..:eek:

WEI tables are somewhat lacking, in that there is no floor to show the cue ball winding up on....also, there is no "broken in half stick" to show the attemptees frustration

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3KYbQ4LIGi3PgIN3fMfe3fbbT3fYOm3fYOm3faxN3fYjU3fYSP@

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
KindlyOleUncleDave said:
Just stop your ball, walk to the other side of the table, and shoot the remaining ball into the pocket "A" (as shown on page 2).

Come on Dennis ! Do you think a grade 'B' nit like me isn't going to spot such subtrefuge?

KOUD,

I was having trouble curving the line to the top pocket so I relabeled the bottom pocket and moved the 14 ball also. I ended up not liking the lower pocket either and moved everything back to the original layout that I started with. I had 6 or 7 pages in the WEI table and I thought I had deleted the correct ones and saved the two I wanted. I previewed it before posting it. I did not spot the 'A' by the bottom pocket. Oh well, you can't do everything right all of the time.:eek:

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Hey Guy's,

The Rust Belt Lunatic forgot to show his usual result, when he practices this shot, so I shall show it for him..:eek:

WEI tables are somewhat lacking, in that there is no floor to show the cue ball winding up on....also, there is no "broken in half stick" to show the attemptees frustration

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3KYbQ4LIGi3PgIN3fMfe3fbbT3fYOm3fYOm3faxN3fYjU3fYSP@

Sand Belt Lunatic,

How do you ever expect to learn how to post a picture if you can't even post a WEI table? Even the Ghost does it now or didn't you notice? It would take you 15 more seconds to post the table instead of the link to it.

And I have never once in life got frustrated on a pool table. Never banged my stick on anything or even wanted to. That's for losers.

For everyone's convenience here is the table from SBL.

Deek

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3KYbQ4LIGi3PgIN3fMfe3fbbT3fYOm3fYOm3faxN3fYjU3fYSP@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Dennis....I'e gone brain dead....I'm trying to open a new window to edit a WEI table and when I click the pencil it makes a clicking noise but I am not able to move any balls or do anything else.

What am I doing wrong?....Anybody?

Lost...george

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
gbru said:
Dennis....I'e gone brain dead....I'm trying to open a new window to edit a WEI table and when I click the pencil it makes a clicking noise but I am not able to move any balls or do anything else.

What am I doing wrong?....Anybody?

Lost...george

George,

If you are putting your cursor arrow on the pencil that's next to the ? on the lower rail, right end and waiting for "Edit <A>" to appear before left-clicking and it's still not working, then I do not know what may be wrong. Is the WEI table coming up at all George?

Is there a http//cuetable.com... link down at the bottom of your monitor? Sometimes the WEI table opens there and not onscreen and then you maximize it.

Dennis

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Cowboy Dennis said:
George,

If you are putting your cursor arrow on the pencil that's next to the ? on the lower rail, right end and waiting for "Edit <A>" to appear before left-clicking and it's still not working, then I do not know what may be wrong. Is the WEI table coming up at all George?

Is there a http//cuetable.com... link down at the bottom of your monitor? Sometimes the WEI table opens there and not onscreen and then you maximize it.

Dennis

Dennis....I Put my cursor arrow on the pencil and wait for edit and then click......I hear a clicking sound and the pencil flashes red but nothing changes.....The screen remains the same.....

I don't know....I will keep trying.....maybe something will break through.

Thanks

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
Sand Belt Lunatic,

How do you ever expect to learn how to post a picture if you can't even post a WEI table? Even the Ghost does it now or didn't you notice? It would take you 15 more seconds to post the table instead of the link to it.

And I have never once in life got frustrated on a pool table. Never banged my stick on anything or even wanted to. That's for losers.

For everyone's convenience here is the table from SBL.

Deek

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3KYbQ4LIGi3PgIN3fMfe3fbbT3fYOm3fYOm3faxN3fYjU3fYSP@[/CUETABLE]
dennis your magnanomous showing of sjd "s insulting wei tablea just shows that you can muster bipartisan support and should be president instaed oF assistent dog catcher or depends changer. sjd if you cant figure out how to post the table and not the link by now YOU should be the depends changer at large. jmho

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
dennis your magnanomous showing of sjd "s insulting wei tablea just shows that you can muster bipartisan support and should be president instaed oF assistent dog catcher or depends changer. sjd if you cant figure out how to post the table and not the link by now YOU should be the depends changer at large. jmho

lll,

That's very nice of you to say Larry, especially after I told Dick that if I was Sec. of State I'd only be two bullets away from the White House. But I'm sure that you and Freddy know that I wouldn't whack youse guys.

Deek

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
gbru said:
Dennis....I Put my cursor arrow on the pencil and wait for edit and then click......I hear a clicking sound and the pencil flashes red but nothing changes.....The screen remains the same.....

I don't know....I will keep trying.....maybe something will break through.

Thanks

George,

Do you see a "http://cuetable.com..." link at the bottom of your monitor? If so, click on it and maximize the WEI table.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
George,

Do you see a "http://cuetable.com..." link at the bottom of your monitor? If so, click on it and maximize the WEI table.

Dennis

Or click on the WEI link at the top and put the balls in the same spot as the layout you're trying to edit ( old fashioned way.)
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
lll,

That's very nice of you to say Larry, especially after I told Dick that if I was Sec. of State I'd only be two bullets away from the White House. But I'm sure that you and Freddy know that I wouldn't whack youse guys.

Deek
dennis i trust you explicitly. thats why you should be president. that way you are only so many bullets until I AM PRESIDENT:p i feel much safer that way

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:

I could have showed the WEI table, but I did not want to embarass him. Also...I REALLY would not get up out of the Electric Chair, to change the Ghost's "Depends"...wanna bet on that lll ? ;)

San

PS..I lied, I really can't figure out how to post a WEI I never see the little pencil again, once I start my layout....'sup wi' dat !

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
I could have showed the WEI table, but I did not want to embarass him.

San

PS..I lied, I really can't. I never see the little pencil again, once I start my layout....'sup wi' dat !

Dick,

The pencil that you need to click on is at the top right of the area where you type your posts. It is a yellow pencil with eraser with a circle mostly around it. If you put your cursor arrow on it, it will show "Wrap [cuetable]tags around selected text" That's the pencil you need to click on to post your table.

[cuetable] [cuetable] This is what comes up after you click it. There will be a blinking vertical line between the brackets. This is where you put your cursor arrow(on top of the blinking line) and right-click to paste the WEI table. The WEI table that you have already "copied the URL" of.

P.S. Post a WEI table and then we'll post a pic. Think of all the fun you can have with the Ghost.

Deek

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
I REALLY would not get up out of the Electric Chair, to change the Ghost's "Depends"...wanna bet on that lll ? ;)

San

The truth is, Papie, you're the only one on this site old enough to ACTUALLY be using Depends.....:p

- Ghrosty