We Have A Traitor In Our Midst!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
ATTN. STEVE BOOTH.....

It pains me to have to say that the traitor is GulfportDoc.....Doc was in Mobile for a big tournament this past weekend and there was a lot of big One Pocket action going on....Well Doc wrote a nice One Pocket action report/post to let people know what transpired, except....

HE POSTED THIS REPORT OVER AT AZBILLIARDS, AND NOT OVER HERE!....:eek:...:mad:...I see now where his loyalty lies - I guess he just feels that he's slumming when he comes over-round here....:(...:mad:

- poor cousin, Ghost

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
One Pocket Ghost said:
ATTN. STEVE BOOTH.....

It pains me to have to say that the traitor is GulfportDoc.....Doc was in Mobile for a big tournament this past weekend and there was a lot of big One Pocket action going on....Well Doc wrote a nice One Pocket action report/post to let people know what transpired, except....

HE POSTED THIS REPORT OVER AT AZBILLIARDS, AND NOT OVER HERE!....:eek:...:mad:...I see now where his loyalty lies - I guess he just feels that he's slumming when he comes over-round here....:(...:mad:

- poor cousin, Ghost

Say it ain't so Doc!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
ATTN. STEVE BOOTH.....

- poor cousin, Ghost

I'll bet he was shooting spot-shots over there too.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
One Pocket Ghost said:
HE POSTED THIS REPORT OVER AT AZBILLIARDS, AND NOT OVER HERE!
I've been "Ghost busted"!! I'd checked AZ to see the Mobile results, and ended up answering a question about me from New Orleans Hu. I also got a chance to poke my ole buddy JoeyA:

Thanks for the "honorable mention", Hu. At Joey's age, he gets easily overwhelmed and confused.

Actually I played one-pocket getting 2 balls with Marshall "Tuscaloosa Squirrel" Carpenter on Sat. and Sunday both. I quit 5 games loser Sat. because my play had gone bye-bye. Sunday we played to a draw, and Marshall pulled up; but I felt as though I had "won".

Joey mostly warmed a chair all weekend. He sweated my match a little, but quickly lost interest. There was lots of action, but as you know, when there's so much going on, it's impossible to keep track.

The most surprising match to me was Sparky Ferrell (sp) giving Nick Vita 9-8 in a 6-ahead 1P match for 5 bags. Very few people on the planet could give Nick weight at one-hole. Suffice to say, Nick won.

Lil Sam Gilmer from Starkville, Miss. had a couple of nice match wins over Lil John, and also against some guy named Earl (not Strickland). To me, the silly ass barbox tournament is simply a way to get good players in the same room for action. I have no idea who was doing well in the tournament, and no one else did either!!

The calcutta was pale this year in comparison to years past. In contrast, I think the White Diamond calcutta is the big draw at Lafayette. We'll expect some action reports from you next weekend, Hu. Joey will be too busy acting like a contender.

BTW, I spoke with Nick Vita. He said he'd give the One Pocket Ghost from Chicago 10-8 for $300 a game in Galveston. Ghost, are you going to step up to the plate???
(5 will get you 10 that Ghost PMs me to see if this is legit;) )

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
gulfportdoc said:
I've been "Ghost busted"!! I'd checked AZ to see the Mobile results, and ended up answering a question about me from New Orleans Hu. I also got a chance to poke my ole buddy JoeyA:

Thanks for the "honorable mention", Hu. At Joey's age, he gets easily overwhelmed and confused.

Actually I played one-pocket getting 2 balls with Marshall "Tuscaloosa Squirrel" Carpenter on Sat. and Sunday both. I quit 5 games loser Sat. because my play had gone bye-bye. Sunday we played to a draw, and Marshall pulled up; but I felt as though I had "won".

Joey mostly warmed a chair all weekend. He sweated my match a little, but quickly lost interest. There was lots of action, but as you know, when there's so much going on, it's impossible to keep track.

The most surprising match to me was Sparky Ferrell (sp) giving Nick Vita 9-8 in a 6-ahead 1P match for 5 bags. Very few people on the planet could give Nick weight at one-hole. Suffice to say, Nick won.

Lil Sam Gilmer from Starkville, Miss. had a couple of nice match wins over Lil John, and also against some guy named Earl (not Strickland). To me, the silly ass barbox tournament is simply a way to get good players in the same room for action. I have no idea who was doing well in the tournament, and no one else did either!!

The calcutta was pale this year in comparison to years past. In contrast, I think the White Diamond calcutta is the big draw at Lafayette. We'll expect some action reports from you next weekend, Hu. Joey will be too busy acting like a contender.

BTW, I spoke with Nick Vita. He said he'd give the One Pocket Ghost from Chicago 10-8 for $300 a game in Galveston. Ghost, are you going to step up to the plate???

Doc

Ghosty will be with you shortly, as soon as he gets his hyper-ventilating, and nose bleed under control. (could be just nerves)

You should be more considerate, Doc. You know that seeing "his name",and "$300" in the same sentence.... "can cause an erection, lasting more than four hours." (not to mention the nose bleed)................pop !

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

I will take $10 or $20 of your action Ghost. (Will try & get $100 of Vita's)

If The Ghost can play Vita 10/8, I am way out of line with our heads up game in Galveston but will play anyway. I already have the S/S checks stashed away.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
gulfportdoc said:
I've been "Ghost busted"!!

Doc

legit?...10 to 8?.....that ain't legit enough for me...:rolleyes:....make it 11-7, and then I'll play your boy some for $300 a game....:cool:

- Ghosty <---------is glad he knows what young Nick looks like, so Doc can't sneak him up on the poor innocent, trusting, Ghost....;)

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
gulfportdoc said:

[

Doc

Doc....Last night your comrade from Gulfport, Moran played a tall thin guy named Tad a race to 3 for $500 and took the cash pretty handily.

Then Ricky Byrd gave him 9-7 race to 5 for for a thousand. Moran buckled under pressure. That's all I acan figure.

During one game Byrd scratched four times and still won the game.

The last game Moran needed 1 ball and Byrd needed 4. Moran let Byrd get out and win the set. But...if Moran had won that game it would have been 4-4 with Moran breaking.

Easy come.....easy go.... two times $500= $1000. IMO he should have beat Ricky Byrd.....don't you think?

I also think that 19 year-old, kid, Mora is going to be a great one pocket player. He was methodical and smooth with his approach to each shot during the ten ball (race to 10 ahead) match with Jerry Slivka....which he won in about 2 1/2 hours....And that was giving up the 9 ball.

He's under the wing of Chris Bartram so I'm sure he's learning how to play one pocket. Batram is a smart gambler from what I've seen.

It will be interesting to see how he does in Galveston if he plays in the one pocket event.

George

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
George-- No, I hadn't heard about Moran/Ricky P. I am surprised, since I'd think that getting 9-7 from Ricky P. would be a good bet for Moran. I would certainly have bet with Moran. Jason may have lost control of his emotions (I do it all the time:( ). Ricky is not easy to play. He's loud, blustery, and the money doesn't bother him.

You're right about John Morra. He's going to be one to watch.

Doc