9-8 spot

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Didn't someone once say here that if you could beat someone 8-8 that 9-8 would be the same...

I got this spot the other night and came out on top... the one ball never really showed up in the game... all of the wins or loss's were above 3 balls either way... :frus

So the question is should I refuse the one ball spot and raise the bet next time we play?

This was a guy who used to beat me prior to lessons from the Beard... I know he won't leave me to many straight backs now...

Bille

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Didn't someone once say here that if you could beat someone 8-8 that 9-8 would be the same...

I got this spot the other night and came out on top... the one ball never really showed up in the game... all of the wins or loss's were above 3 balls either way... :frus

So the question is should I refuse the one ball spot and raise the bet next time we play?

This was a guy who used to beat me prior to lessons from the Beard... I know he won't leave me to many straight backs now...

Bille

A lot of good players say if they can beat you even, they'll automatically give you 9/8. That doesn't mean they'll win. At some point the weight does begin to matter. I once played a guy even and he beat me 3 or 4 times. We played with me getting 9/8 and I beat him every time. Then we played 9/8 on his break and I still won. Full of confidence I played more even, he beat me a few more times before he left town.
Rod.
P.S.I understand it's probably psychological.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Very psychological...

Very psychological...

Bille

9 to 8 and especially 9 to 8 on his break is often just a psychological edge.
The guy doing the spotting is taking a "dominant" position. Supposedly he now becomes the "better" player, and the spottee assumes a lesser position. Not always tho. Nut artists dont pay much attn to ego and will take anything offered without any qualms.
Myself, I seldom played good with a spot, probably for the above reasons, and many times refused it and chose to play even, often with good results.

Beard

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Dennis,
Should I send you a letter for all the tapes you sent me while I was in the desert? You are both good guys... don't even try to put me in the middle of the flame war...

and by the way, on a one rail bank that is a little off line, with top english and cut it just a little just like in his tape... yeah I will sign a letter on that one... it has paid its dividends on the table...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis,
Should I send you a letter for all the tapes you sent me while I was in the desert? You are both good guys... don't even try to put me in the middle of the flame war...

and by the way, on a one rail bank that is a little off line, with top english and cut it just a little just like in his tape... yeah I will sign a letter on that one... it has paid its dividends on the table...

Bille,

Freddy & I are not flaming each other anymore, everything I write about him is good-natured and he knows it. That's the way it always should have been anyway.

P.S. Those are the same DVD's I sent to Efren (except for Marilyn) and after he got better he failed to tell anyone that I had something to do with it:p.

Dennis