Warning -- watch out for Alfie email!!!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Be careful. I just got an email supposedly from Alfie Taylor. It says he got mugged and lost all his money overseas. An obvious attempt at a scam. If you all have noticed Alfie has mentioned no such thing on the forum. If he had access to a computer to send an email he certainly could have posted his problem on the forum.

Beard

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Be careful. I just got an email supposedly from Alfie Taylor. It says he got mugged and lost all his money overseas. An obvious attempt at a scam. If you all have noticed Alfie has mentioned no such thing on the forum. If he had access to a computer to send an email he certainly could have posted his problem on the forum.

Beard
This is a common scam for email hackers. I got it too. Fortunately I have seen these before. This is the one "Alfie" sent out (of course, not Alfie):

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes,my fam and I came down here to Dorset United Kingdom for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed,all cash,credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves couple of hrs from now but the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.

Am freaked out at the moment.....

Best Regards
Alf Taylor

akrick

Verified Member
Alf scam

Alf scam

I got it also....makes me wonder what was hacked to link our addresses to Alf.
Rick

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Oops, to late for me. I also got this email and have already sent $$. Just kidding.

I guess someone hacked into his email and is sending this message to all of his contacts, hoping to get some bites.

A couple of weeks ago I got a phone call from some guy claiming to be a relative of mine and was in a bind wanting me to send some money. Must be because of the time of year.
Mr. Taylor, get on here and tell us you're ok.
Merry Christmas to all!!

Terry Ardeno

Verified Member
From
Washington, Pa
I got it also but knew right away that's not Mr Taylor's style at all.

This is another good time to plug his book "The Other Side of the Road". Along with Fred's books, R.A. Dyer's two masterpieces and "Willie's Game", this ranks with all the aforementioned as my all-time favorite pool books. And I have bookshelves of them going back to Andrew ponzi's autobiography that was copyrighted in 1948.

It's not only a great read, it's one of the funniest books I've ever read about anything.

Good luck Alf in getting this computer thing fixed.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Not to worry about Alfie or brother Jack.
I'll be sending them plenty of traveling money as soon as a deal I'm working on in Nigeria comes through. :D
Rod.

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
Another strange thing about it, or maybe I'm not getting it, is it does not directly ask for money to be sent anywhere. What does the scammer gain here?

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member

Beard

Thank you Freddy. Those SOBs sent emails to everyone on my list. It's possible that I could be in England and it's possible I could get mugged and robbed. But, anyone who knows me knows there's no way I would be standing there "with tears in my eyes". Maybe a pistol in my hand.
Hackers should be put to death. Alfie

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Another strange thing about it, or maybe I'm not getting it, is it does not directly ask for money to be sent anywhere. What does the scammer gain here?

Good question. I wondered about that too. I think they are relying on people contacting them back. Plus, the guy is a terrible writer.

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Not to worry about Alfie or brother Jack.
I'll be sending them plenty of traveling money as soon as a deal I'm working on in Nigeria comes through. :D
Rod.

Do you have any idea how long that will be, Rod? It's cold and wet here...and, I can't play snooker worth a darn. I knew I could count on you, buddy. You are, after all, one of the best bite scores in Texas...who never says no.
Everyone out there should know that in case they get busted.
Keep it affluent. Alfie

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Thank you Freddy. Those SOBs sent emails to everyone on my list. It's possible that I could be in England and it's possible I could get mugged and robbed. But, anyone who knows me knows there's no way I would be standing there "with tears in my eyes". Maybe a pistol in my hand.
Hackers should be put to death..Alfie<--So should people who don't "CLEAN UP"...:frus

Why would they have to hack "YOUR emails" ?...You furnish your entire address list, (from day one)... with every email you send...You turkey ! :eek:

Tell'm Uncle Rod..:help

PS..Thats how I KNEW it wasn't from you..the hacker 'cleaned up'..:cool:

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Why would they have to hack "YOUR emails" ?...You furnish your entire address list, (from day one)... with every email you send...You turkey ! :eek:

Tell'm Uncle Rod..:help

PS..Thats how I KNEW it wasn't from you..the hacker 'cleaned
up'..:cool:

Richard.

FYI...This hacking has caused me more trouble than anyone else. I can't find or abide humor about this invasion from any direction. I no longer have my email that I run my business with.

If this is your idea of a Christmas good wish, kindly wish in another direction. In the words of Mary to Joseph... "Who needs ya?"

Keep it to yourself. Alfie

Alfie Taylor

Verified Member
Richard.

FYI...This hacking has caused me more trouble than anyone else. I can't find or abide humor about this invasion from any direction. I no longer have my email that I run my business with.

If this is your idea of a Christmas good wish, kindly wish in another direction. In the words of Mary to Joseph... "Who needs ya?"

Keep it to yourself. Alfie

"KNOW THYSELF--SOCRATES 469-399 BC
Me thinkist I reacted too harshly to Dick's criticizm. If someone I don't like or don't know walked up to me and called me a dirty M.F.S.O.B. it would roll off like the proverbial water off another duck. But, someone who means something to me has the power to hurt my wittle feewings. Dick has been my good friend for 40 odd years. And, hopefully, a friend to the end.
Keep it nice. Alfie