Daulton/Deuel: Halloween Shot

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
NH Steve said:
He must have been trying to double kiss the 15 ball in --with a little help from the 13 ball, but missed the kiss...

This is another shot from the Portland Maine One Pocket event that Grady had.

Yeah, It's a fairly easy shot if your familar with it, I believe he shot hard hoping the kiss would move the CB back for position or safety. It's a touch shot and needs to be hit softly. No position would be available shooting softly. ;)
Rod.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Cowboy Dennis said:
Frank,

Corey did not make a mistake and shoot at the wrong pocket, he would have shot the 9 in if that was the case. He was playing something with the 15 I think, like Rod mentioned. He actually got down twice to do something with the 14 & 6. Again, he did not shoot at the wrong pocket, he just shot a goofy shot that didn't work out. It wasn't his first or last:eek: .

View attachment 1519
Ok, I'll buy that he was playing the kiss but must have hit it real bad because of where the cue ball wound up at he must have missed the kiss completely.
Oh, and on the break was he breaking them wide open?

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
for sure it was no accident. if you listen to the commentators on the youtube clip they mention it was the second time he shot a shot like that either in that game or match

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Thanks

Thanks

androd said:
Yeah, It's a fairly easy shot if your familar with it, I believe he shot hard hoping the kiss would move the CB back for position or safety. It's a touch shot and needs to be hit softly. No position would be available shooting softly. ;)
Rod.

Rod-

thanks-this is exactly the type of example I was seeking in posting the question on AZB today. Looking for predictable situational kiss, double kiss options either offensively, defensively or both.

What a great example and what great timing to find it here.

Did it not go due to drawing the cb back a bit? or was a soft straight- in stun off just a taste to create the needed kiss?

So this is a fairly easy 1P shot?

Wow. I've got lots of work ahead of me as a new 1P player.

Thanks again.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
3RAILKICK said:
Rod-

thanks-this is exactly the type of example I was seeking in posting the question on AZB today. Looking for predictable situational kiss, double kiss options either offensively, defensively or both.

What a great example and what great timing to find it here.

Did it not go due to drawing the cb back a bit? or was a soft straight- in stun off just a taste to create the needed kiss?

So this is a fairly easy 1P shot?

Wow. I've got lots of work ahead of me as a new 1P player.

Thanks again.

3RK, I believe when he hit it hard the rail bent in a bit and missed the kiss.
I'm sure he didn't draw the shot. Set it up and aim a little to the right of straight in on the 15 ball and follow the CB. I don't remember when but their was a thread here with a lot of kiss shot examples some time ago. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow and bump it up.
Rod.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Frank Almanza said:
I saw Efren play this shot just a couple of days ago. He banked the nine ( I don't remember what number ball it was) into the short rail and off the point of the pocket and into his pocket.
P.S. It was against me.

Just looked at this thread for the first time tonight...and since nobody else asked...

Hey Frank, give us the scoop (unless you're undercover of course :)) - what spot did you get from your customer Efren? ;), bet, who won, etc.

- Ghost

PS, And it goes without saying that I would not dream of asking you all of this in order to clock you, in case we should meet in a poolroom at some future time...:eek:...:D

Last edited: