The "Encyclopedia" of Pool Hustlers

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
For dems dat's interested, I just ordered 1 black and white and 1 color proof copy of the book from a printer. Still need to do work on the cover. Ya'll would never believe what goes into getting a book like this out onto the market -- unless you have an industry behind you to do all the complicated shit. The writing part is easy.

For the sharp eyed, you may have noticed that Encyclopedia is now in quotation marks.

Beard

Heading into the last rack.

SloMoHolic

Verified Member
The "Encyclopedia" of Pool Hustlers

For dems dat's interested, I just ordered 1 black and white and 1 color proof copy of the book from a printer. Still need to do work on the cover. Ya'll would never believe what goes into getting a book like this out onto the market -- unless you have an industry behind you to do all the complicated shit. The writing part is easy.

For the sharp eyed, you may have noticed that Encyclopedia is now in quotation marks.

Beard

Heading into the last rack.

Thank, Freddy. I know this has been a huge project. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Dare I say that a book production is more complicated than a 1P game?

Whatever the answer is, I believe in you, Fred. Run this out. You have the dead nuts with this book. I (and many others) can't wait to see it.

Thanks for all you have done for the world of 1P and whatever those other games are called. :)

Respectfully,

-Blake

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Here is a first draft of the cover. (It needs another week of work,however. Inside flaps, etc. Formating)

Beard

Six (6) pre-pub numbered, personalized copies are still available. #'s 92,#93,#94,#95,#96.#97. $50 ea.

Attachments

• BookCoverPreview (600 x 372).jpg
    BookCoverPreview (600 x 372).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Just curious here.

Is there any particular reason for the same two pictures of "Flyboy" on the cover?

Looks nice Freddy.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Just curious here.

Is there any particular reason for the same two pictures of "Flyboy" on the cover?

Looks nice Freddy.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I figured one of youse Detroit guys would spot that first thing.:frus

Nah, its only a test cover. I will straighten that out. The real cover will be much more detailed (dust jacket). You have no idea what a pain this cover, forward, index, glossary, formatting is. I was all done with the writing weeks ago. The cover is the last frontier (along with formatting for size). This is probably a hanger for a publishing pro, but it is all Chinese to me, and I have to learn everything from scratch.

(I coulda put out a piece of Ca Ca, weeks ago, but dat aint gonna happen)

Steve, you are quoted copiously in the book, along with Androd, John Henderson, Petie, Cardone, etc., etc.

#96 is gone. All that is left out of the 100 pre pub people is 92,93,94, and 97.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Sorry to bother...

Sorry to bother...

...you Freddie,but could you send your address and I'll get off a check in the mail post haste.Also the amount,cheers,James