What could Efren give up today?

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
What do you think Efren could give up under this scenario?

Let’s take one of if not the straightest shooters in this country, Cory Duel, who himself is a great one pocket player. Let’s give him a coach. The only one pocket mind close to that of Efren’s. Let’s give him Ronnie Allen. Ronnie’s playing ability is a mere fraction of his glory days, yet his one pocket mind think is still totally intact.

What would be a fair game assuming, Cory, executed all the shots, Ronnie suggested? Even? Small weight? Large weight? You tell me???

efran already forgot more than ronnie ever knew.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I see another newcomer has already blessed us with his opinion, and crystal clear insight...Probably just another Scott, or Bustamanti, (in disguise)...offering up his 4 post wisdom, to all us 'dumb, old duffers', (like Hemicudas...R.I.P)...Too bad he's not still around defend his honor...So I'll do it for him.........Nice post Sidepocketkid..:rolleyes:

The people who already think they know it all...are starting to outnumber the ones who just really might
have a clue about such matters..:frus

PS..Reminds me of our great political system..:eek:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I see another newcomer has already blessed us with his opinion, and crystal clear insight...Probably just another Scott, or Bustamanti, (in disguise)...offering up his 4 post wisdom, to all us 'dumb, old duffers'eek:

It ain't Scott, he can't spell that good, besides, we all know that RA hasn't forgotten more than Efferin Rays.

Dennis

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
Efren in his prime was unbeatable at onepocket, would VIOLATE anybody you could put in front of him!!!! :sorry

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
I see another newcomer has already blessed us with his opinion, and crystal clear insight...Probably just another Scott, or Bustamanti, (in disguise)...offering up his 4 post wisdom, to all us 'dumb, old duffers', (like Hemicudas...R.I.P)...Too bad he's not still around defend his honor...So I'll do it for him.........Nice post Sidepocketkid..:rolleyes:

The people who already think they know it all...are starting to outnumber the ones who just really might
have a clue about such matters..:frus

PS..Reminds me of our great political system..:eek:

take a pill you dumb old duffer, relax.
it aint nothing but a thing. :lol

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
SJD thanks for accommodating the new guy, you have a special way of encouraging others to stay and post.

Your modus operandi is exactly the attitude we need more of around here. Your constant acceptance of ALL things new will surely help to advance the site and we will all be continue to bow down to your all knowing mind.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
SJD thanks for accommodating the new guy, you have a special way of encouraging others to stay and post.

Your modus operandi is exactly the attitude we need more of around here. .

Your MO seems to be, an "expert flame fanner", whether it concerns you or not..I can tell by SPKid's first response to me, he is not nearly as childishly vindictive as you are.

I thought after your rant on Fred and Dennis, didn't you 'threaten' to leave us ??? (again) :frus

If you are really an accomplished player (wow, 20,000 games of 1P) try and share more of your knowledge, instead of every other post, being a diss, on somebody or something..:rolleyes:

PS..Tony, you need to work on your delivery...It takes a lot of practice to dispense sarcastic criticism, (like I do) without getting voted off the island..:p...But then I learned from the best...(RA)...:cool:

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Hey Dick, leave the new guys alone, for crying out loud. Keep in mind that for every one person that sticks their neck out to post here on OnePocket.org there are probably 20 more who read only, some of whom might actually have a lot to add -- but maybe they don't exactly want to get slammed just because they have a different opinion now and then or don't seem to you to know as much about the game as you do. All of us readers can figure out by ourselves whose opinions we have the most respect for -- we actually don't need your 'leadership' [sic] on this. Thank you :)

May I remind you:
Respect
Try to keep in mind that here at OnePocket.org we are all on the same team – even if sometimes we seem to be pulling in opposite directions.

Just a few simple hot buttons to avoid:

Name-calling -- there's no need to get personal
Politics, race and gender -- it's a free country, not a red, blue or green one
Please do not try to drive any members away -- we want more active members, not less
And finally, respect copyright -- don't steal stuff from OnePocket.org or post stolen stuff here

If you get hit with a low blow, please do not follow-up by stooping to their level. Challenges on a real table are encouraged, however. See the Official OnePocket.org challenge thread.

You have a right to disagree, but they have the same right to disagree. Once you have made your point clearly and they still disagree, please do not keep hammering. They can shoot the wrong shot, for the wrong reasons, at the wrong speed and the wrong time, or even the wrong pocket if they want to – just think of it as money in your bank. You do not need to respect their opinion, but you do need to respect their right to their opinion.

Whether they are a beginner, a shortstop, a winner, a loser, a railbird or a pro, they are welcome here, and their opinions are welcome here. Of course some ideas are better than others – but cream can’t rise to the top as long as it’s being stirred up. Make your point and give it a rest. Do not fret if your opinion is ignored. The most profound truths are the most likely to sail over people’s heads, yet everyone catches the easy stuff.

If not for any other reason in life, here we can still respect the fact that we are all genuinely interested in the game of One Pocket; that is our common ground. We want to encourage more One Pocket. We do not want to discourage any players, sweaters or lurkers, or drive away anyone that is already a One Pocket player or fan.

If you post here on OnePocket.org, that makes you an ambassador of our game around the world. Please make an effort to set an example that will attract more players.

Stay light, stay loose, wei in, post up, post often and post here, and may your enjoyment of the game grow in leaps and bounds.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Hey Dick, leave the new guys alone, for crying out loud. Keep in mind that for every one person that sticks their neck out to post here on OnePocket.org there are probably 20 more who read only, some of whom might actually have a lot to add -- but maybe they don't exactly want to get slammed just because they have a different opinion now and then or don't seem to you to know as much about the game as you do. All of us readers can figure out by ourselves whose opinions we have the most respect for -- we actually don't need your 'leadership' [sic] on this. Thank you :)

Steve,

Thank you very much, for pointing out my many cruel, and sarcastic shortcomings in public...I am sure you MUST HAVE" PM'ed" your chastisement of TonyGreen regarding this very RESPECTFUL post...:(

=tonygreen

"F" you Freddy and your gang of cronies ... I could care less my skin is alot tougher than you think .

and what are you gonna say next ? ... you want my address , you want to do something to me ...i'lll be happy to give it to you. wHENEVER THINGS DON'T LIE the way you like them, you lash out . F you and Chicago and the rest of the midwest.
I have been respectfull in all my posts.
<---How ironic is that

You want to get into pool heaven in your golden years ... you and your crew of "B" rated players. ShortStops cant say anything without you criticizing ... you no-good rotten "want to be".
To hell with you, you have no class and no couthe.
Who cares how many posts anybody has ... this is a forum full of opinion. I guess the next new guy with 3 posts has no chance of hoping that his opinion will heard.

Who cares about your broke down expletive expletive.

PS..There is another very 'respectful' post, directed at Cowboy Dennis (same vein) but I couldn't find it. All TG's rants are on the main forum too...When Freddy and Artie and I, were going at it, you discretely moved us to the Member's Forum...Anyway, thanks again for reminding me about R-E-S-P-E-C-T.... And yes, I will now certainly leave all the newbie's alone...regardless of their "Flame Fanning" skills, or their foul mouths. :(

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Steve, I'm with you, all the way down the line. I'm probably the oldest poster on this forum - I don't know about the lurkers. My expertise, what there was of it, was in another sport, not pool, and now it's gone with the wind. Life is going to be tough as a boot for anyone who doesn't learn to deal with that. We don't have to like it, but we have to live with it, and one day we'll be gone. Let's try to leave a few players who are sorry to see us go. Do you find that a hard thought? Well, you're right. :eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Steve, I'm with you, all the way down the line. I'm probably the oldest poster on this forum - I don't know about the lurkers. My expertise, what there was of it, was in another sport, not pool, and now it's gone with the wind. Life is going to be tough as a boot for anyone who doesn't learn to deal with that. We don't have to like it, but we have to live with it, and one day we'll be gone. Let's try to leave a few players who are sorry to see us go. Do you find that a hard thought? Well, you're right. :eek:

V-man,

I am truely sorry, you failed to see the irony in my rebutal...Which, despite my unforgivable, opinionated, sarcastic leanings,..I managed to get my point across, WITHOUT the use of ONE f-ing expletive...(except for the 'quoted' text of course)

Too bad the young 'uns don't understand, YET, We can't ALL be perfect, in our golden years, some of us may be 'set in our ways'..;)

PS..I think I'll stay on the Member's Only side for a while...Its safer over there, and you don't have to worry about your "legacy" !..:p

Last edited:

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
To quote SJD We cant all be perfect in our golden years ................I'm not sure what to say ... except that this is an apology to all I have offended with my callous manner. I have less than 200 posts , so it would be easy to find my intentions by reading them (they are 98.6 percent positive in nature) . I have been respectful and appreciative of the remarks on this site. I was taught young that "If you have one real friend in this world consider yourself lucky" so I dont look for new friends in the real world nor this cyber extension of it. I never mean harm by my statements, I just deliver straight forward.

I will not go and quote the good things or the things that I have positively contributed. I have PM'ed Steve more than three times and I await a response , until that time I will continue to try to earn and give respect. I will not quote others derogatory remarks towards other members here. Too often I see offensive statements made while adding "LOL"

I have only a few dozen PM's with other members thus far and my comments are an "open book" for all to quote. Any advice given to me from any representative of Admin I will take respectfully. I might never get to 7,000 posts but "we" myself included if i'm welcome here should start with welcoming new members when they sign-up. If the site were to double in members and double it's ability to influence the game , improve by 100% it's ability to advertise in other places wouldn't that be a good thing? All of those things start with it's patronage or members or supporters.

BTW hijacking of a thread is something I don't care to see and Reyes can still offer me whatever Dippy is getting these days from him or whatever number Reyes goes to vs me it won't be enough and I won't be too embarrassed to take it.