Mistake or "Bad Luck" or Wrong Shot?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
1998 World One Pocket Championship: Buddy Hall vs. Jeremy Jones. This is game one of a race to 5. It's Buddys shot. He just made a ball and left himself this layout. What would you do? Something better than he executed, I hope.

Buddys Shot.jpg

Buddys Shot 2.Jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
to me the obvious shot if the 4 (solid ball by buddys pocket) goes is this
playing to bank the 2 next

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wgcp said:
I would have to bank the two into the 14 and 4 using the 10 as a stopper...
my prblem with that if the solid doesnt go (and i assume it doesnt cause its too obviuos so i'll post my other idea next)
if you bank the 2 you leave a clear view to the balls by buddys pocket.
you dont leave him snookered in anyway so i think its a trap that could be gotten out of.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
to me the obvious shot if the 4 (solid ball by buddys pocket) goes is this
playing to bank the 2 next

Its obvious to me,...I am going to shoot myself in the head...:eek:

PS..I will wager large $$$,...all possible shots will be brought up, and someone will be pissed...(Wild guess...the Ghost)...Heh, heh.:D

El Duck <---thinks RBL, must have pulled the wings off of flies when he was little little..:cool:

PS..I am "dying" to participate, but you haven't taught me how to draw those neat lines yet..:p

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
assuming the 4 by the pocket doesnt combo
although im tempted to to move the 2 and 10 from the opponents pocket as i said before im not sure it sqeezes enough
i sort of like the bank to break the 2 balls tied up and carom off closer to my pocket and stick him behind the 9 ball
this way i hoard some balls for me and make it difficult for him to move them
freddy i beleive likes that concept
i know i still have the problem of his balls by his pocket but now with balls by my pocket he has something to think about if i leave him a dificult shot down the road
bh2.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dick since you are up early
good morning:)
would you comment on my shot if the combo cant go

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
dick since you are up early
good morning:)
would you comment on my shot if the combo cant go

Honestly Larry, I did look at that shot, as a good possibility...But if you didn't get him behind that ball up there, you may be sorry. I think I'd prefer to get some balls away from his hole somehow...I see several options, but no savvy arrows yet to explain. WGCP's is certainly one to look at, but there are others.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would bank the two ball underneath the 14 ball creating positive action while trying to reposition the cue ball behind the 6 ball. The 14, 4, and 2 ball should clog the banking lanes in case you leave a return bank with the shot. If I were playing on the wei table I would hit it better.

Billy I.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I like doing this to present a threat of some sort. Taking balls away from his pocket is without opening these two balls leaves him many options for offensive. With these balls tied up and you leave a bank you could be in more trouble. buddy.JPG

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Frank Almanza said:
I like doing this to present a threat of some sort. Taking balls away from his pocket is without opening these two balls leaves him many options for offensive. With these balls tied up and you leave a bank you could be in more trouble. View attachment 1895
Buddy looked at that shot and Cardone liked it a lot but Buddy passed it up.

CapturedPicture_13.Jpeg

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Buddy opted to attempt the bank on the 2 ball. Cardone warned of the double-kiss and said the shot was too risky but Buddy didn't listen the doctor:) . Result: Double-kiss, the cueball never even hit the rail.

Buddys Shot.jpg

Buddy Leave.Jpeg

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Buddy opted to attempt the bank on the 2 ball. Cardone warned of the double-kiss and said the shot was too risky but Buddy didn't listen the doctor:) . Result: Double-kiss, the cueball never even hit the rail.

View attachment 1897

View attachment 1898

Alright. STOP!

Before the game started, what was the computed Jeremy ball value of Buddy double-kissing a cross-corner bank to his hole? __________

Now, roll the tape, please...;)

Skin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
Alright. STOP!

Before the game started, what was the computed Jeremy ball value of Buddy double-kissing a cross-corner bank to his hole? __________

Now, roll the tape, please...;)

Skin
What eas the score before they started. And If the tread bothers you thier are 20 other ones you can post on.

And you can even start your own tread. You have that wright. And unless you can give the correct answer.

Then you need too waite tell the correct answer comes up. Or swet another post.

You are not obligated too read or answer too this post.

You have no commitment to reply. And you are not in a court off law.

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
What eas the score before they started. And If the tread bothers you thier are 20 other ones you can post on.

And you can even start your own tread. You have that wright. And unless you can give the correct answer.

Then you need too waite tell the correct answer comes up. Or swet another post.

You are not obligated too read or answer too this post.

You have no commitment to reply. And you are not in a court off law.

Look Artie, I didn't pull your string on this thread. I was just making a joke to razz Dennis, who started it, a bit.

On the other thread, however, I posted what a statistics professor (what the heck do you think that is except a "probability expert"?) had to say about the spot and, among other arrogant things, you said in your reply to have him call you so you could explain it to him. That is why I did not respond to you. Becausee I don't want an unpleasant exchange of words.

I believe your argument about the spot is with other people. I am just trying to pester Dennis in a good natured way right now on this completely separate thread.

Skin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
Look Artie, I didn't pull your string on this thread. I was just making a joke to razz Dennis, who started it, a bit.

On the other thread, however, I posted what a statistics professor (what the heck do you think that is except a "probability expert"?) had to say about the spot and, among other arrogant things, you said in your reply to have him call you so you could explain it to him. That is why I did not respond to you. Becausee I don't want an unpleasant exchange of words.

I believe your argument about the spot is with other people. I am just trying to pester Dennis in a good natured way right now on this completely separate thread.

Skin
Ok no problem. I just took it the wrong way. But if you have a probability expert he can call someone else that you no.

And I will explain the qouietion to them. And they can explain it to the math expert.

But I have talked too math experts and I had probabilitiy Qouistions and the had no way off how to figure them out . Or how to even get a answer.

Thier are lots off math majors and math experts. But probabilities is a different thing all to gether.

And If you like I will give you the qouistion and see what answer he gives you. It doesnt get any fairer then that.

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Ok no problem. I just took it the wrong way. But if you have a probability expert he can call someone else that you no.

And I will explain the qouietion to them. And they can explain it to the math expert.

But I have talked too math experts and I had probabilitiy Qouistions and the had no way off how to figure them out . Or how to even get a answer.

Thier are lots off math majors and math experts. But probabilities is a different thing all to gether.

And If you like I will give you the qouistion and see what answer he gives you. It doesnt get any fairer then that.

Alright, Artie. Shoot. Give me the question and I will ask him in exactly the words you write. When I get the answer I will post it on here in exactly the words he says.

What are the odds on it not being "WTFA!"? Just kidding...:)

Skin

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Skin said:
Alright, Artie. Shoot. Give me the question and I will ask him in exactly the words you write. When I get the answer I will post it on here in exactly the words he says.

What are the odds on it not being "WTFA!"? Just kidding...:)

Skin
If the game is 18 to 4 breack apeace. Forget about the free scratch free push or the free foul.

What dhould the correct spot be on a foul by each player. One ball off Daves is = to 4 and a half balls off Gabs balls.

What should a scratch or foul be worth in compairison to what the game is.

And see what he comes up with. And after he gives his correct answer then you can tell him what the rule is. And does he think its fair?

But his answer will tell us if its fair or not before he hers the rule. All I want if his correct percentages on each players foul.

And I will put it out in the open so thier will be no trickery or consperacy. Everything above board.

And we will see if he comes up with a saloution and percentage too the problem or qoiustion. Thanks for helping and particapating in getting the qouistioned answered.

And if he can come up with a answer too this qouistion. Then he can even come up with the percetageoff a free push or a free foul or a free scratch.

If he knowes how to calculate the probabilities he will have a correct percentage.

We will waite for his answer? thanks again for sharing.