Is this a good value for this book?

Shorty

Verified Member
From
Melbourne, Florida
[ame]http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Robins-rare-Winning-One-Pocket-hardcover-book-d_W0QQitemZ290024700965QQihZ019QQcategoryZ21211QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/ame]

I know it's pricey...but I would love to get my hands on this book.

Thanks,
Shorty

Twoods

From
Mesa, AZ
Shorty said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Robins-ra...5QQihZ019QQcategoryZ21211QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know it's pricey...but I would love to get my hands on this book.

Thanks,
Shorty

Shorty-A good friend of mine said that the price on these books fluctuate anywhere from $150-$200. He also said you can't go wrong buying it and that he thinks that the ebay seller on this is Eddie Robin-the books author. That's not a for sure so email the seller-I would think that a signed book by the author would bring a premium.

TulsaJohnny

Verified Member
Robin books........

Robin books........

The rarest Eddie Robin book is Position Play in Three-Cushion Billiards and I have a copy for sale for $200 if you want to have the trilogy of Robin. I have seen or heard of two copies on ebay in 10 years - Johnny

TulsaJohnny

Verified Member
leather one pocket books on ebay....rare find........

leather one pocket books on ebay....rare find........

I saw the rare bonded leather covered one pocket books on ebay for a buy it now price for the pair, and these have all the co-author's signatures...... for less than i paid for my pair ago.... bargain dudes! I have not seen either of these books for sale for years with the leather covers. out of the 6 co authors of winning one pocket, only eddie kelley is still alive! hope this helps out one of you guys. good luck dudes.............

Grady

Verified Member
From
Columbia, SC
Three of the six have passed away. Besides Kelly, Bugs and I are still around. Either that or I better inform my wife so she can start collecting on the insurance policy.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Grady said:
Three of the six have passed away. Besides Kelly, Bugs and I are still around. Either that or I better inform my wife so she can start collecting on the insurance policy.
I was waitin' for THAT one! Rolling on the floor, laughing!:D

Doc

San Jose

Verified Member
Position Play in Three-Cushion Billiards and I have a copy for sale for $200

Position Play in Three-Cushion Billiards and I have a copy for sale for $200

I would like to buy this book!

TulsaJohnny

Verified Member
mental typo............obviously you're alive guys

mental typo............obviously you're alive guys

Well, I was going by memory as to who the authors were on winning one-pocket and I had had a conversation with someone else who said that 5 of the 6 authors had passed. We were both on the road and were going by memory as to who was alive - I have a good memory but never really scrutinized which authors were on which book. Grady, thanks for being so diplomatic about my mistake - and with good humor. - Johnny

TulsaJohnny

Verified Member
position play in 3 cushion book ........

position play in 3 cushion book ........

My book is no longer available, the Eddie Robin 3 cushion book. I was reading thru the stuff above and noticed that Twoods commented on Robin's other books on ebay.......... Well, Twoods said that the value fluctuated between 150-200 bucks. I have never seen a winning one pocket for less than 200 unless it was badly damaged, or unless it was the inferior first edition. I think $200 is the low end, but I think he signs them if the buyer wants that... he signed mine for me for free in nice silver paint pen on the front cover, and he signed the Shots, moves, strategies book the same way (maybe the shots, moves, and strategies book sells for less than 200, I just assumed they were selling for the same price.) I have been following his auctions to see if he had any of the 3 cushion books for sale... finally after looking on ebay for a few years I just asked him and he said he had none but that he comes up with a copy once in a while. I got lucky and found two copies so that's why I put the one on here but it's gone. Sorry guys. But hey, if I find another I will put it on here! Learning billiards helped my one pocket game for sure.

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Just a sidenote

Just a sidenote

TulsaJohnny said:
My book is no longer available, the Eddie Robin 3 cushion book. I was reading thru the stuff above and noticed that Twoods commented on Robin's other books on ebay.......... Well, Twoods said that the value fluctuated between 150-200 bucks. I have never seen a winning one pocket for less than 200 unless it was badly damaged, or unless it was the inferior first edition. I think $200 is the low end, but I think he signs them if the buyer wants that... he signed mine for me for free in nice silver paint pen on the front cover, and he signed the Shots, moves, strategies book the same way (maybe the shots, moves, and strategies book sells for less than 200, I just assumed they were selling for the same price.) I have been following his auctions to see if he had any of the 3 cushion books for sale... finally after looking on ebay for a few years I just asked him and he said he had none but that he comes up with a copy once in a while. I got lucky and found two copies so that's why I put the one on here but it's gone. Sorry guys. But hey, if I find another I will put it on here! Learning billiards helped my one pocket game for sure.[/QUOTE

Back in June the Winning One Pocket book was on e bay by Eddie. At the time a poster brought it up and thanks to him I was able to get this great leather bound 2nd edition signed with a dedication, sealed and delivered in a great packaging and all for only 198.01. For some reason action was slow on it but I think Eddie posts ones he has every once in awhile.

San Jose

Verified Member
Position Play Book Received

Position Play Book Received

Hi, I just want to thank TulsaJohnny for sending me the book so fast! The book is in great condition and I'm very happy.

Thanks much Johnny!!!